A new 'Dark Knight' review!

Jack Aubrey

Rotten Tomatoes has lots of reviews compiled now, and a 90% rating on its Tomatometer. The positive reviews are absolutely glowing. Roger Ebert gave it four stars, which is no surprise.

If you read the few negative reviews, you'll notice those reviewers are mostly interested in using as many 20-point Scrabble words and pseudo-intellectually-sounding phrases as possible to describe why they didn't like the film. It's like they know most other reviewers are going to praise the film, and they go that extra mile to try and post an intellectually-superior putdown, as if to paint the positive reviewers as fanboys who didn't see the same "bad" film they did. But instead, they just come across as condescending jerks.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_dark_knight/

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 16 2008, 04:45 PM)
Rotten Tomatoes has lots of reviews compiled now, and a 90% rating on its Tomatometer. The positive reviews are absolutely glowing. Roger Ebert gave it four stars, which is no surprise.

If you read the few negative reviews, you'll notice those reviewers are mostly interested in using as many 20-point Scrabble words and pseudo-intellectually-sounding phrases as possible to describe why they didn't like the film. It's like they know most other reviewers are going to praise the film, and they go that extra mile to try and post an intellectually-superior putdown, as if to paint the positive reviewers as fanboys who didn't see the same "bad" film they did. But instead, they just come across as condescending jerks.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_dark_knight/

Tell me about it! I got the same impression as you did. It's just snotty movie critics being contrary to the overall consensus.

I can't wait to judge this film for myself. I am so pumped.

Almost all the bad reviews are from New York too, oddly. unsure.gif

It's come down to:

1. Too dark and self-serious

2. Too long

3. Repeat the first two reasons again and again....throw in a gratuitous compliment towards the Tim Burton films.

4. Rinse

5. Repeat

Edited by Presto-digitation

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jul 16 2008, 05:47 PM)
The Dark Knight is noisy, jumbled, and sadistic.
-David Edelstein, New York Magazine

David Edelstein is a pompous windbag who goes out his way to inject great artistic achievement and depth of meaning in every film he reviews except the ones I like.

-R.T. Rule, The Rush Forum

QUOTE (theworkingman @ Jul 17 2008, 07:38 PM)
Leaving in about an hour! 653.gif common001.gif

Cool, man! have a great time!