'24' - The Official Thread

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

QUOTE (Snowdog @ May 23 2005, 05:14 PM)
QUOTE (Ru5h F@n @ May 23 2005, 03:46 PM)
Well tonight's finally the night gang! I hope this season finale is good. For the last 3 years, the "24" season finales have been pretty slow, dull and predictable. Let's hope they overcome this hurdle this time around. I wanna be shocked when it ends.

They're promising a fantastic ending. Let's hope they deliver trink39.gif

It was a fantastic ending and deliver they did. It got me asking a lot of questions throughout the whole 2 hours and also as to what's going to happen to Jack now? President David Palmer says, "You will no longer be Jack Bauer". I thought maybe Keifer is leaving? I hope not. Or is he changing his name?

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Ru5h F@n @ May 24 2005, 01:18 AM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ May 23 2005, 05:14 PM)
QUOTE (Ru5h F@n @ May 23 2005, 03:46 PM)
Well tonight's finally the night gang! I hope this season finale is good. For the last 3 years, the "24" season finales have been pretty slow, dull and predictable. Let's hope they overcome this hurdle this time around. I wanna be shocked when it ends.

They're promising a fantastic ending. Let's hope they deliver trink39.gif

It was a fantastic ending and deliver they did. It got me asking a lot of questions throughout the whole 2 hours and also as to what's going to happen to Jack now? President David Palmer says, "You will no longer be Jack Bauer". I thought maybe Keifer is leaving? I hope not. Or is he changing his name?

I don't believe Jack is going anywhere. Without him, it just wouldn't be the same show. These guys are excellent at finding inventive ways to weave characters back in (like Tony this season, who woulda thought he'd be back?). It really did leave me wondering what is going to happen. Possible scenario: Jack goes incognito and deals with a terrorist event overseas somewhere.

I believe I heard somewhere that Keifer signed on for two more years. I could be wrong. But this show is all about him, and it's tough to imagine anybody else in the lead role.

One thing they never addressed last night was Kim Bauer. Hopefully Jack found a few minutes to call her up and tell her he's dead. wink.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 24 2005, 09:14 AM)
I believe I heard somewhere that Keifer signed on for two more years. I could be wrong. But this show is all about him, and it's tough to imagine anybody else in the lead role.

One thing they never addressed last night was Kim Bauer. Hopefully Jack found a few minutes to call her up and tell her he's dead. wink.gif

Season 5 returns in January.

QUOTE (Ru5h F@n @ May 24 2005, 01:16 PM)

One thing they never addressed last night was Kim Bauer. Hopefully Jack found a few minutes to call her up and tell her he's dead.  wink.gif

I've got to go 7, almost 8 months for a fix? fists crying.gif Oh well, I guess I can break out the dvd's over the summer.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ May 24 2005, 01:22 PM)
QUOTE (Ru5h F@n @ May 24 2005, 01:16 PM)

One thing they never addressed last night was Kim Bauer. Hopefully Jack found a few minutes to call her up and tell her he's dead.  wink.gif

I've got to go 7, almost 8 months for a fix? fists crying.gif Oh well, I guess I can break out the dvd's over the summer.

Yeah I am going through heavy withdrawal myself here too. LOL.

For all you "24" fans out there, I have some gossip and spoilers I just found out about:

Updated May 26th

Episode 5.1

Airdate - January 2006

Airtime: 9:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.

The scheduled production start date for season five is July 26th.

I'm hearing that the season will start off with the terrorist bombing of a "high-value target". It's unclear if the high-value target is a person or a building but it's looking more and more like a combination of both a prominent building and a high-ranking government official who will be among the many killed in the terrorist attack. There are several other scenarios I've heard rumblings about and every single one of them has the same concept of a terrorist bombing of a building with extremely strong international ties. They are also thinking about bringing back a former character to be among the many dead in the massive explosion.

The new season has already been in pre-production since April. New writers Manny Coto and David Fury are quickly getting accustomed to writing a real-time script. 24 has sought out the advice of novelist Richard Marcinko and he is playing an advisory role in the shaping of season five's story. 24 sent out casting calls for a major female role in April and the role has already been cast but the actress hasn't been revealed.

General Season 5 Information:

"We'll pick Jack up in a very different place, roughly a year later. Of course, the show is the show, so it won't be long before he's back in the saddle. But we'll explore a little bit of what he's been doing with his life and the situation he's gotten himself into. That will certainly have an impact on his behavior when he gets involved in the streets".

Kiefer Sutherland (Jack Bauer) will be back for season five.

Mary Lynn Rajskub (Chloe O'Brian) has reportedly inked a deal to be a main cast member for 24's fifth season.

Roger Cross (Curtis Manning) signed a two year deal last year so he should remain a main cast member in season five.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 26 2005, 10:45 PM)
Thanks for the info, Ru5h F@n. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Anytime man. That's what I am here for.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 27 2005, 08:20 PM)
I watched Season One again not too long ago. Guess I'll watch Season Two now...

Yeah, me too!

cool.gif

What happens next on "24" is one of the most guarded secrets in Hollywood -- but Vince Flynn has some answers. The best-selling Twin Cities-based author of political thrillers like "Transfer of Power" and "Term Limits" spent a week in Los Angeles recently, helping creators of the unpredictable Fox drama come up with future story lines. He'll go back in late summer or early fall to help wrap up some of the stories and possibly even pen a script. Flynn wouldn't dare give away any major revelations but he did let slip that some major characters get blown up in next season's opener.

I absolutely loved this season. Was completely captured and looked forward to each week.

Can't wait for next year.

Got one thing to say ... Keifer better be back! He makes that show.

QUOTE (ES-335 @ Jun 9 2005, 07:57 PM)
I absolutely loved this season. Was completely captured and looked forward to each week.

Got one thing to say ... Keifer better be back! He makes that show.

Yes Keifer will be back for Season 5. But as for the whole season? That's still undetermined at the moment.

QUOTE (Ru5h F@n @ Jun 9 2005, 09:02 PM)

Got one thing to say ... Keifer better be back!  He makes that show.

Yes Keifer will be back for Season 5. But as for the whole season? That's still undetermined at the moment.

I can't believe they'd kill him off. Without him, I seriously doubt most folks would watch. I know I'd be iffy about it.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Jun 9 2005, 09:03 PM)

I can't believe they'd kill him off. Without him, I seriously doubt most folks would watch. I know I'd be iffy about it.

I'd give it a chance, but I wouldn't expect much. The ONLY way it could make it without Jack Bauer is to make Tony Almeida the main character, and that would even be a stretch.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 9 2005, 09:18 PM)

I'd give it a chance, but I wouldn't expect much. The ONLY way it could make it without Jack Bauer is to make Tony Almeida the main character, and that would even be a stretch.

Well they have said major characters are getting killed off this season so I just assumed Keifer and that this might MAYBE be the last year of "24". I'm only speculating here.

QUOTE (Ru5h F@n @ Jun 10 2005, 02:51 PM)

Well they have said major characters are getting killed off this season so I just assumed Keifer and that this might MAYBE be the last year of "24". I'm only speculating here.

Maybe if they killed him off in the finale, but that would be the only way I could see it working.

There is one thing that really bugs me when it happens on this show. Like 3 times Keifer makes reference to using a "walkie-talkie". Nobody in the know, especially with a military background and over the age of 9 calls a radio a "walkie-talkie". Makes me cringe, and laugh.

I figured the producers would be smarter than that.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Jun 10 2005, 02:53 PM)
QUOTE (Ru5h F@n @ Jun 10 2005, 02:51 PM)

Maybe if they killed him off in the finale, but that would be the only way I could see it working.

That's what everyone thought was going to happen. I even believed it myself. That season finale was unforgettable. Can't wait to see Season 5 in January 2006! unsure.gif