'24' - The Official Thread

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Apr 4 2005, 10:44 PM)
I have GOT to get the first season and watch this show.

Yes you do, GG. The first season was simply amazing. In retrospect, there was a plot line or two that didn't add up real well, but from an entertainment standpoint, it kept me glued to the tube each and every week. It became an addiction.

This season. IMO is the best season since the first. Great story that keeps you eagerly anticipating the next episode.

Yeah, 1-0-0, that was one hell of a teaser in the preview for next week. Can't wait!

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Apr 5 2005, 06:34 AM)
Yeah, 1-0-0, that was one hell of a teaser in the preview for next week. Can't wait!

When I said that was a ballsy way to end it, I didn't mean the teaser for next week, I meant the end of the actual episode. (Trying not to give it away for those who may have taped it and didn't watch it yet.)

My wife and I just finished watching season 2 on DVD, and we're borrowing Season 3 from a friend. It's hard to get any work done around the house once you start watching, and the kids' nap-time never seems to last long enough to watch two full episodes. laugh.gif

Awesome show, and the crack analogies are very fitting. 1022.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 5 2005, 06:40 AM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ Apr 5 2005, 06:34 AM)

When I said that was a ballsy way to end it, I didn't mean the teaser for next week, I meant the end of the actual episode. (Trying not to give it away for those who may have taped it and didn't watch it yet.)

Oh, yeah, it took guts to air that. No doubt.

I refuse to watch the episodes during the season because I can't catch it every Monday night and I can't wait a whole week to see the next episode....Whoever said above that it is the TV equivalent of crack cocaine I commend you!!!! You are so f**king accurate. I got the first season as a gift and watched all 24 episodes in 5 days and season 2 I watched from Friday pm to Sun pm. I thought my wife was going to kill me. Then I convinced her to watch season 3 with me and now she is in the middle of catching up seasons one and two!! drool1.gif <<<This is me when I am in the middle of watching 24....

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 7 2005, 10:38 PM)
This is easily the best drama on TV right now. Don't even argue with me. The production value and plotting rivals many feature films. If you're not watching this show, have your head examined.

Discuss episodes, but if you tape the episodes and watch them later, you might want to avoid this thread until you've watched them.

Just startd watching it this season, so I'm a little behind on some of the subplots but JC!!! This show has just blown me away. It twists and turns and explodes and jumps and DAMNNN!!! I gotta get the first two seasons on DVD or something if this wasnt the best one.

What a great episode last night. I tell you, this show keeps me on the edge of my seat. The end with Jack trying to extract information was sooooo cool. This is the best season yet, IMO. Only 5 episodes left. I can't wait to see the finale, but I'll also be sad to see this season end.

Oh yeah, and the non-stop season idea is genius. No long breaks in between episodes to break momentum. That probably has something to do with how much I'm enjoying this season.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Apr 19 2005, 07:24 PM)
Oh yeah, and the non-stop season idea is genius. No long breaks in between episodes to break momentum. That probably has something to do with how much I'm enjoying this season.

Totally agree. If you've seen the making-of extras on the season 2 DVD set, you can see the amazing amount of work it takes to complete just one episode of this show. The fact that they've aired the first 19 episodes in a row while every other show is mired in repeats is unreal. This season started later than the other shows this past fall (mid-December as opposed to September) so they could get more finished episodes in the tank to avoid repeats. It was worth the wait.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 7 2005, 10:38 PM)
This is easily the best drama on TV right now. Don't even argue with me. The production value and plotting rivals many feature films. If you're not watching this show, have your head examined.

Discuss episodes, but if you tape the episodes and watch them later, you might want to avoid this thread until you've watched them.

Oh I agree. It's the #1 best show I watch on tv. The 4th season rocks! Tv Guide magazine rated 24 two years in a row, 2001 and 2002, as the best show on tv. I also watch NCIS but I don't like it as much as 24. Keifer is such a natural playing Jack Bauer. He gets into his role so seriously. I heard 2 people are leaving this season. They won't say who. Hope one of them isn't Keifer. Otherwise goodbye 24 then.

Edited by Ru5h F@n

I got the first 3 seasons a couple of weeks ago. Sucks going to work on a couple hours of sleep!!!!

Can't wait until August so I can watch the fourth season! I actually like it better not seeing it every week, the suspense would kill me!

QUOTE (Rivendell @ Apr 29 2005, 06:34 PM)
I got the first 3 seasons a couple of weeks ago. Sucks going to work on a couple hours of sleep!!!!

Can't wait until August so I can watch the fourth season! I actually like it better not seeing it every week, the suspense would kill me!

Tell me about it! I actually am glad when Monday rolls around now laugh.gif

Waiting on the first season to arrive on DVD...the suspense of THAT is killing me.

smile.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Apr 29 2005, 10:52 PM)
Waiting on the first season to arrive on DVD...the suspense of THAT is killing me.

smile.gif

Don't plan on doing anything once you start GG laugh.gif You'll enjoy every minute of it

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 5 2005, 03:10 PM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ May 5 2005, 03:06 PM)
Is it Monday yet?????  tongue.gif

Only four eps left? Or is it three? Why couldn't the show be called "48"....

It could but Jack would be one tired son of a bitch laugh.gif

I cant wait for season 4....I have intentionally not watched an episode yet... I watched all first three seasons on DVD and felt as if I was having a drug induced high during all moments....So I decided to wait until the season was over to get the season 4 DVD's. Without giving away spoilers....how does it rate to the other seasons...In fact anyone want to compare all 4 seasons????

Season One is the best, followed closely by Season Four. Season Two is very good. Three is good, but the plot was stretched a bit thin. But a "good" season of 24 is still better than most other show's best efforts.

Season Four won't be released until at least September.