'24' - The Official Thread

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Feb 12 2007, 09:23 PM)
I couldn't get home in time. fists crying.gif

don't worry GG..

you know enough Tivo/DVR freaks around here that we'll hook you up!!!

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Feb 12 2007, 09:25 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Feb 12 2007, 09:23 PM)
I couldn't get home in time. fists crying.gif

don't worry GG..

you know enough Tivo/DVR freaks around here that we'll hook you up!!!

I couldn't record the first 20 minutes. comp26.gif Ladi, can you hook GG up? biggrin.gif

You guys are the best. heart.gif

I think that maybe I can watch it on Fox.com...the last time I looked, you could watch recent eps on there. But if I can't, I'll be in touch, ladi.

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Feb 12 2007, 10:09 PM)

I think that maybe I can watch it on Fox.com...the last time I looked, you could watch recent eps on there. But if I can't, I'll be in touch, ladi.

biggrin.gif

A lot happened in the first 20 minutes. I got home at five-to and spent the next twenty-five minutes trying to hook up a DVD recorder that ultimately didn't record anything. I think it's time I joined the 21st century and got a DVR. doh.gif

Another great two hour episode ... I judge 24 episodes on how much I want to jump through the screen and strangle someone ... and tonight, the urge was very strong ... about 5 times with about 5 different characters.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 12 2007, 10:13 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Feb 12 2007, 10:09 PM)

I think that maybe I can watch it on Fox.com...the last time I looked, you could watch recent eps on there.  But if I can't, I'll be in touch, ladi.

biggrin.gif

A lot happened in the first 20 minutes. I got home at five-to and spent the next twenty-five minutes trying to hook up a DVD recorder that ultimately didn't record anything. I think it's time I joined the 21st century and got a DVR. doh.gif

I still use VCRs ... two dual decks and one single. I keep waiting for the next great thing ... but I, like you 1001, need to go ahead and take that next step LOL!

QUOTE (neptune @ Feb 13 2007, 11:15 AM)
You can watch recent episodes here.

Hmmm...what kind of player is this thing asking me to install?

*suspicious*

Some program that will allow you to watch it. You can delete it after you finish watching.

Or you can use a Bit Torrent client to find the episode(s).

Whatever work for you.

I feel that the whole torturing the brother, father killing the son, kidnapping the grandson thing is way sick....anyone else feel queasy with this happening? Not the most violent stuff we've seen ("I'm gonna need a hacksaw!...) but maybe one of the most if not the most disturbing thing 24 has ever come up with...

Thoughts?

QUOTE (vital signz @ Feb 21 2007, 11:53 AM)
I feel that the whole torturing the brother, father killing the son, kidnapping the grandson thing is way sick....anyone else feel queasy with this happening? Not the most violent stuff we've seen ("I'm gonna need a hacksaw!...) but maybe one of the most if not the most disturbing thing 24 has ever come up with...

Thoughts?

It IS very disturbing. That James Cromwell can play a nasty, soul-less person really well.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Feb 21 2007, 02:53 PM)
QUOTE (vital signz @ Feb 21 2007, 11:53 AM)
I feel that the whole torturing the brother, father killing the son, kidnapping the grandson thing is way sick....anyone else feel queasy with this happening?  Not the most violent stuff we've seen ("I'm gonna need a hacksaw!...) but maybe one of the most if not the most disturbing thing 24 has ever come up with...

Thoughts?

It IS very disturbing. That James Cromwell can play a nasty, soul-less person really well.

yes.gif

everytime i see him, i keep thinking of his character in BABE...

laugh.gif

just kidding..

great season so far!!

(now that i've finally had the time to play catch up)

bumper.gif Tick Tock. 4 hours and 14 minutes by my watch.

This seasons been another good one. Although they seem to be abandoning all sense of reality with the "real time" aspect of the show. Everything must be located with a 5 minute drive of wherever they happen to be at the moment laugh.gif But still a good show.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Mar 12 2007, 04:45 PM)

This seasons been another good one. Although they seem to be abandoning all sense of reality with the "real time" aspect of the show. Everything must be located with a 5 minute drive of wherever they happen to be at the moment laugh.gif But still a good show.

SNOWDOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome back, bro!

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Mar 12 2007, 06:17 PM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ Mar 12 2007, 04:45 PM)

This seasons been another good one. Although they seem to be abandoning all sense of reality with the "real time" aspect of the show. Everything must be located with a 5 minute drive of wherever they happen to be at the moment  laugh.gif  But still a good show.

SNOWDOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome back, bro!

trink39.gif Thanks Jack. Really like your new avatar.

so...

you think the thing about audrey is true?

or not?

whenever they do something like that i can't help but wonder if it's a cover up... or the real deal....

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Mar 20 2007, 06:31 AM)
so...
you think the thing about audrey is true?

or not?
whenever they do something like that i can't help but wonder if it's a cover up... or the real deal....

With this show, you never know what is for real and what is a red herring...your guess is as good as mine. But I see this as a possibility for setting up Season 7, Jack on a mission to find Audrey who has been kidnapped by the Chinese.

OK, all you 24 fans, am I the only one who is bothered by the show having abandoned any realistic portrayals of the "real time" aspect of the show? I know I said this earlier, but the way everything seems to occur within a 5 minute drive of wherever they happen to be at the moment, or 5 minutes from CTU is disappointing to me. I always could suspend the reality of Jack walking out unscathed from a huge explosion, but the real time thing bothers me.

Your thoughts?

You know, the real time thing is a good point. I've only seen seasons 1 & 2, and I've been following this season from the beginning, so maybe it wasn't as obvious to me...but I guess you're right. It does seem that everything is awfully conveniently close together...

Yeah....agree with you all. I don't know why they never showed a blast crater or people evacuating or mass hysteria...etc. it seemed to start off with such a bang (no pun intended) and has kinda shot around a lot of different areas. I would like to see more details about the old and less new...........just me personally.... eh.gif