sending stuff to mohegan

OBaterista!

QUOTE (KenCleanAirsystem @ Jul 2 2008, 06:20 PM)
How iredeemably sad.
How does this enrich your life?
Ho much better will you feel about yourself?
Will you think Rush are your special friends?

And remember, always send a six pack of beer for Neil.

I guess you could just say, why be passionate, or care about anything you enjoy in life, cause really, what does it matter ?

Why go to a movie, its just a waste of time, you could be painting your house or mowing the lawn instead.

Why eat good food like Steak or Seafood, your just gonna crap it out of you the same way you would a bowl of ramen noodles. atickhum.gif music.gif

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sent a picture of my son Tyler with his puppy Alex (plus his pedigree papers stating his full name as King Alex Lifeson) and a short note telling them what a big fan my baby is...came back signed for him!

Most of my friends sent pictures to the venues closest to them and got them signed, too.

2.gif is the best!!!!!

good luck 1022.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Jul 3 2008, 07:54 AM)
QUOTE (KenCleanAirsystem @ Jul 2 2008, 06:20 PM)
How iredeemably sad.
How does this enrich your life?
Ho much better will you feel about yourself?
Will you think Rush are your special friends?

And remember, always send a six pack of beer for Neil.

I guess you could just say, why be passionate, or care about anything you enjoy in life, cause really, what does it matter ?

Why go to a movie, its just a waste of time, you could be painting your house or mowing the lawn instead.

Why eat good food like Steak or Seafood, your just gonna crap it out of you the same way you would a bowl of ramen noodles. atickhum.gif music.gif

Maybe my resentment of Rush stems from the fact that I sent them a nice fruit cake, and they sent back a bag of shit. Bastards.

QUOTE (Janie @ Jul 3 2008, 05:43 AM)
I've decided on sending my tour book (possibly Ghost Rider too) to the Verizon Arena in Manchester. Here's hoping they get it. *fingers crossed*

Just popped these (tour book and, "Ghost Rider") in the mail. I really, really, really hope this works. I was so tempted to write, "Janie" instead of my real name on the note I attached to the tour book. I sent it to the arena in Manchester so hopefully I'll get it back around mid-July. I'll give an update if/when I get my goods back.

QUOTE (Janie @ Jul 3 2008, 04:15 PM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Jul 3 2008, 05:43 AM)
I've decided on sending my tour book (possibly Ghost Rider too) to the Verizon Arena in Manchester. Here's hoping they get it. *fingers crossed*

Just popped these (tour book and, "Ghost Rider") in the mail. I really, really, really hope this works. I was so tempted to write, "Janie" instead of my real name on the note I attached to the tour book. I sent it to the arena in Manchester so hopefully I'll get it back around mid-July. I'll give an update if/when I get my goods back.

My husband and I sent a poster to the Manchester venue. Hope the employees are on the ball there and don't throw it away. tongue.gif Good luck on getting your stuff back. cheer.gif

As a side note, we had also sent a poster to Red Rocks, then were in a panic when they rescheduled the show. But it came back signed, so we're hoping we have the same good luck with Manchester.

Thanks for this info, guys! It's very much appreciated. I'm going to send my CD insert from S&A Live to Manchester and Ghost Rider to Hershey (I'm from Pittsburgh so I'm pulling for the Hershey venue to come through). Best of luck to all! 2.gif

QUOTE (OBaterista! @ Jun 30 2008, 04:18 PM)
as the title says, im going to send a cymbol and a few cd books to get signed by the band.  Ill let you know how it turns out!!

If your name is Josh and you sent a 10" splash, it is here and will get signed and sent back. I assure all of the skeptics out there that the band signs their own things and the crew never signs stuff. I know that happens with some artists, but never here. Also, just for future reference, they do not do personal autographs at the show. And not at meet and greet. There just isn't time. That is really the only reason. Not enough time. And please don't inundate with requests as to whether or not something got to the venue safely. I just happened to be surfing today and saw this, so answered it. If you have sent something SASE and we have received it, you will get it back. Having said that, it is the venue that we trust to send everything back to the owners. Please keep that in mind if you don't get your items back. So insurance and/or tracking is always a smart move.

PRAE

QUOTE (ontheroad @ Jul 7 2008, 08:38 AM)
I assure all of the skeptics out there that the band signs their own things and the crew never signs stuff.

Thank you for the feedback OTR/PRAE. We're just nervous, excited fans geeking out at the prospect of Rush signing something of ours. I do appreciate that they take the time to do this for us. So, somehow pass the word on that we're grateful. I'm grateful anyway. I can't wait to see my tour book signed! That puppy is getting framed and fast.

ontheroad, thank you TONS for letting me know this!! Its the best news I have recieved today, although its only 10 in the morning I have faith that it will still be the best news by the night time, haha. I appreciate all you guys do!! Nice work on the show!

Oh yea one more question, how can I become a roadie?

I got the stuff back today and it is signed!! Only two things were signed so I guess they cap it at that per person. This is perfectly fine and understandable to me. I was very happy to see it when I walked in. Ill be sending a tour book next year. I took some pictures, but they are on a different computer. Ill try to get them up sometime.

QUOTE (OBaterista! @ Jul 9 2008, 04:11 PM)
I got the stuff back today and it is signed!!

THAT IS AWESOME!

My stuff (fingers cross) will be there waiting for them this Friday in Manchester.

I just checked the tracking number and it says it was delivered yesterday. Ooh, I'm excited!

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jul 10 2008, 07:13 AM)
I didn't get my stuff from SPAC sad.gif

Oh well...it was only a couple stickers, no biggie.

QUOTE (OBaterista! @ Jul 10 2008, 07:19 AM)
maybe its still in the mail?

That's what I was thinking. If they mailed the items on Monday, it's totally possibly they're still in the mail. I would say if you don't get anything by tomorrow (Friday) then yeah, maybe they didn't sign the stickers. You never know! Wait a few more days.

QUOTE (Janie @ Jul 10 2008, 09:23 AM)
QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jul 10 2008, 07:13 AM)
I didn't get my stuff from SPAC sad.gif

Oh well...it was only a couple stickers, no biggie.

QUOTE (OBaterista! @ Jul 10 2008, 07:19 AM)
maybe its still in the mail?

That's what I was thinking. If they mailed the items on Monday, it's totally possibly they're still in the mail. I would say if you don't get anything by tomorrow (Friday) then yeah, maybe they didn't sign the stickers. You never know! Wait a few more days.

Yeah, it shouldn't take too long, only a day from SPAC. We'll see..

My signed copy of Roadshow took just less than a week to get back & the venue is about 15minutes from my house.

Don't give up hope but if it doesn't get sent back then it's down to the venue not the band.

I sent Roadshow and the Snakes and Arrows CD Booklet to get signed from SPAC and they haven't returned yet either.....I am only 3 hours away. Maybe tomorrow though? After Saturday I figure that SPAC screwed me, not the band.

Hershey next THUR! Can't wait!

I'm sure it all depends on the competency of the people at the venue, when things get dropped in the mail, when things get picked up, etc. I bet the items will be at your house today or tomorrow.

Post pics!!

smile.gif

Well, waddya know..I got home from work today, and waiting for me was my envelope from SPAC!!

They signed only one of the two stickers though confused13.gif , but all three of them DID autograph it!!

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/iluvgeddy/autographs.jpg

(the above is a scan)

YAY! My Rush experience is NOW complete!

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jul 10 2008, 06:10 PM)
Well, waddya know..I got home from work today, and waiting for me was my envelope from SPAC!!

They signed only one of the two stickers though confused13.gif , but all three of them DID autograph it!!

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y149/iluvgeddy/autographs.jpg

(the above is a scan)

YAY! My Rush experience is NOW complete!

That very cool. Mondays show at Mohegan was great. I was about 7 rows behind the soundboard, dead center stage. I cant wait till tomorrow night. 1022.gif

Archived