sending stuff to mohegan

OBaterista!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
good luck, i hope a roadie does not sign it. really

I sent my license plate (RUSH1) and had it back in a week! I sent it to Idaho Center....small venue...I figured I had a better chance!

I had not heard of doing this. So, do you just send something to the venue, attn: Rush, or something like that, and include a SASE? That is great that some of you have had success getting things signed! 2.gif

i plan on sending it tomorrow (wednesday). Its a 15 min drive to the venue from me, so im hoping it gets there by saturday at the latest. The show is monday.

Wat you do is send your stuff to the venue with ATTN Rush on the front. Put a prepaid return envelope inside the package. Hopefully the band will get it and you will have a nice surprise in a week!

I figured start cheap right now. If everything gets lost I can try to go there and find it, or just cut my losses which wont be much. Its definatley worth the risk!

If this works ill def do it again next tour, or if they come close by again.

QUOTE (OBaterista! @ Jul 2 2008, 03:26 AM)
i plan on sending it tomorrow (wednesday). Its a 15 min drive to the venue from me, so im hoping it gets there by saturday at the latest. The show is monday.

Wat you do is send your stuff to the venue with ATTN Rush on the front. Put a prepaid return envelope inside the package. Hopefully the band will get it and you will have a nice surprise in a week!

I figured start cheap right now. If everything gets lost I can try to go there and find it, or just cut my losses which wont be much. Its definatley worth the risk!

If this works ill def do it again next tour, or if they come close by again.

The Glasgow SECC is 15 minutes from my home so I just dropped it off myself at the venue the day before the gig.

QUOTE (OBaterista! @ Jun 30 2008, 04:18 PM)
as the title says, im going to send a cymbol and a few cd books to get signed by the band. Ill let you know how it turns out!!

Will they actually do this?

Seems to me like they'd only sign something if the guy (or girl) was there with it in person.

I sent a couple CD jewel case sized stickers to them to sign. That way if I don't get them back at all, no biggie. It was sent out yesterday to the venue for Saturday. I live about 1/2 hour-40 minutes from the venue.

::crosses fingers::

I've done....no issues.....came back in about a week...getting ready to do it again....may be a while before they tour again.

good luck all!!

well I sent it out today. Now im killing myself thinking of all the ways that it wont work!!!! GAH!!!!! I really hope it does, it will be sooooo awesome.

QUOTE (OBaterista! @ Jul 2 2008, 05:15 PM)
well I sent it out today.  Now im killing myself thinking of all the ways that it wont work!!!! GAH!!!!!  I really hope it does, it will be sooooo awesome.

Last year at Mohegan, I sent a copy of Neil's Traveling Roadshow book to the venue address the day before the show. I sent it overnight express, with a guaranteed delivery of no later than 3pm the next day. I sent it to the venue address, attention Neil Peart of Rush.

Not that I would recommend anyone sending it with that little time left, but I was not thinking ahead of time that I should have sent it a few days earlier.

Of course I sent a full sized pre-stamped SASE along with it so they could just toss it back in the mail.

About a week later, I got the book back with a nice little note on the inside cover and Neil's signature. And the date he signed was the same date as the show date (7-9-07).

Pretty darn cool. I was psyched, and would do it again, at least at that venue where we know, from it's track record, that they do deliver mail to the performing artists.

Good luck and enjoy that show. Mohegan is a great venue and has good acoustics.

Also, don't sweat it and think about it too much. I did that too, but finally succumbed to the "it's out of my hands now" surrender point the day of the show. Though it was kinda neat being there knowing my book was someplace in that same area too wink.gif

2.gif

I had never thought about this. I'm going to send something. I would love to have their autographs on some piece of Rush paraphenlia I have. It needs to be something I can frame...

QUOTE (KenCleanAirsystem @ Jul 2 2008, 05:20 PM)
How iredeemably sad.
How does this enrich your life?
Ho much better will you feel about yourself?
Will you think Rush are your special friends?

And remember, always send a six pack of beer for Neil.

Yes, it would enrich my life. I like Rush stuff, what can I say?

Will I feel better about myself? No, I feel pretty good about myself as it is.

Rush are not my special friends, not even close. They never will be and hey, I'm ok with that. I did, however, send them a nice letter with my stickers saying thanks for their sincere devotion to their careers and for being great role models.

Lastly, in this economy, I can barely afford beer for myself and real friends, let alone the drummer of Rush, who...let's face it, has a tad more money than me.

So no worries! wink.gif

I would send only one, maybe two items max...and a thank you note. I included a sase envelop pre-paid for return....

I put a tracker and insurance on mine....just in case.

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Jul 2 2008, 12:53 PM)
QUOTE (OBaterista! @ Jun 30 2008, 04:18 PM)
as the title says, im going to send a cymbol and a few cd books to get signed by the band.  Ill let you know how it turns out!!

Will they actually do this?

Seems to me like they'd only sign something if the guy (or girl) was there with it in person.

I read about them doing this in Neil's roadshow book. I sent the roadshow book and a cd booklet last year to Tampa, and got it back signed. Most people seem to be getting stuff back signed. Neil said they do it, and they do! Not as nice as meeting them with an autograph, but I think this is the only way to get Neil's. Plus Neil writes Happy travels with his sig and personalizes with your name. Nice touch. My cd book was also personalized with my name.

I sent two tour books to SPAC. They will be there on the 5th, so i sent them over a week in advance. We'll see what happens. I enclosed a brief note and a thank you as well. hope it works. If it does, and I find it, my Signals program from my very first Rush show goes nest tour.

Archived