What Are We Drinking Tonight??

Midway Hawker

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Apr 29 2005, 09:11 AM)
QUOTE (Earthshine @ Apr 28 2005, 11:27 PM)
I will finish my first bottle of the Macallan (12) tonight (it's the first time i've bought a full bottle).  I like it, but there are better Scotchs for the money....    (ducks as Ghost Girl heaves an empty bottle at my head...)

I agree. Have you tried Lagavulin, Oban, or Talisker? Those are my top 3 faves.

I have tried Lagavulin and it is fantastic! It's $69.99 at BevMo, just a bit out of my price range most of the time... I'll keep my eye out for those other two..

trink38.gif

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Apr 30 2005, 05:43 PM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ Apr 29 2005, 07:33 PM)
Back to Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout  trink38.gif

Ditto tonight. What a damn fine brew trink38.gif

Mmm, lucky you!

I've been trying to cut back on expenses recently, so I'm hitting the home-made wine stock. This latest batch isn't bad -- if I'd paid $10 for a bottle of it I woudn't be upset. The last stuff I made was excellent, but it's all gone now...

Maybe for tonight I'll have something from my dwindling whisky supply.

OK, this Sam Smith's Oatmeal Stout stuff is starting to worry me. I've got a migraine so I'm nauseous, but I still want to drink an Oatmeal Stout. I know I shouldn't, that it'll upset my stomach, but I want one sooooo bad.

I bought some coconut rum, and am mixing it with Pineapple, orange and mango juice. Fargin good stuff!!! I am feeling purdy dang good now! biggrin.gif

Had a Whitbread Pale Ale with dinner. Wonderful!

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ May 4 2005, 09:11 PM)
Had a Whitbread Pale Ale with dinner. Wonderful!

Been years since I had a Whitbread. I can't seem to find it here anymore.

Right now, I'm enjoying my current favorite beer, Victory HopDevil IPA. trink38.gif

I had some lovely cheap wine Cab Sau with dinner, a lovely entre' of 3 enchiladas, rice and beans... Now i'm sipping on some 12 year old single malt Scotch.. The Speyside.

trink38.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 5 2005, 02:59 PM)
Today is Cinco de Mayo, but I will NOT consume a single drop of Corona. 1287.gif

That makes two of us. I just picked up some Sammy Smith's Imperial Stout after noticing it is ranked #33 on Beer Advocates Top 100 list. Unfortunately, it was the highest ranking beer I could find here in Florida after much searching. I thought about ordering from some of those places on the Arrogant Bastard website, but the cheapest I could get a 6 pack was $50 ohmy.gif . Not gonna do it. no.gif

QUOTE (Snowdog @ May 5 2005, 03:01 PM)
Today is Cinco de Mayo, but I will NOT consume a single drop of Corona.  1287.gif

That makes two of us. I just picked up some Sammy Smith's Imperial Stout after noticing it is ranked #33 on Beer Advocates Top 100 list. Unfortunately, it was the highest ranking beer I could find here in Florida after much searching. I thought about ordering from some of those places on the Arrogant Bastard website, but the cheapest I could get a 6 pack was $50 ohmy.gif . Not gonna do it. no.gif

No beer is worth that. Stone brews are starting to reach the east coast now, so don't be surprised if you see Arrogant Bastard near you soon. trink38.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 5 2005, 03:13 PM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ May 5 2005, 03:01 PM)
Today is Cinco de Mayo, but I will NOT consume a single drop of Corona.  1287.gif

No beer is worth that. Stone brews are starting to reach the east coast now, so don't be surprised if you see Arrogant Bastard near you soon. trink38.gif

I hope so. I need to find out if I'm worthy biggrin.gif

Just poured myself my first Imperial Stout from Sammy Smith. So far, so good. The only thing I've tried from Sammy Smith that I didn't care for was the IPA.

Its Top Shelf Ladies night at a bar by me Tonight

sooo Ill be meetin a buddy up there and prolly be drinkin somthin with absolut in it cocktail.gif yes.gif

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ May 5 2005, 04:08 PM)
sooo Ill be meetin a buddy up there and prolly be drinkin somthin with absolut in it cocktail.gif yes.gif

[Homer]Mmmmmmmm.......Absolut Bloody Mary[/Homer]

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ May 5 2005, 04:14 PM)
QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ May 5 2005, 04:08 PM)
sooo Ill be meetin a buddy up there and prolly be drinkin somthin with absolut in it  cocktail.gif  yes.gif

[Homer]Mmmmmmmm.......Absolut Bloody Mary[/Homer]

ewwww fing.gif I dont do tomato juice

im thinkin absolut & pineapple juice or 7-up

my fav is with it in lemonaid but not alot of bars have lemonaid

I love citron absolut drool1.gif

hmmm maybe some White Russians

Ill have to see what kinda mood im in tonight on what ill be orderin wink.gif

gotta keep in mind i have work at 5am wacko.gif doh.gif

so just a nice buzz for me tonight 1287.gif

A friend just came in when I thought to go to bed tonight. But I let him in.

He brought his girlfriend with and I had a "Loch Lomond" Whiskey with her. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

My buddy said he had enough beer this evening and asked for water.

Cheers

Water.

OMG...I am the dullest person on earth.

biggrin.gif