What Are We Drinking Tonight??

Midway Hawker

What part of Canada? Sounds like you're probably in Quebec or Ontario. If you get out west, look for beers by Tree Brewing. If you like it bitter, look for Tree Brewing's "Hophead IPA".

Another western Canada brewery I like is the Nelson Brewing Company. Their Paddywhack IPA isn't bad, though it's not as hoppy as Hophead. If you like a stout, try their Blackheart Oatmeal Stout.

Edited by NoDeity

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Sep 15 2006, 07:30 PM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ Sep 15 2006, 06:54 PM)
Trappistes Rochefort 8 (in my sig)
This beer is truly outstanding. #1 on my list at the moment. A must try for any beer snob  trink38.gif

I dunno. Sounds French.

My good man, you should know me better than that by now laugh.gif

Here's the brewery:

Rue de l'Abbaye 8

Rochefort, Belgium

It's a good "Belgian Strong Dark Ale" according to beer advocate.

edit: here's the website Trappistes Rochefort

Edited by Snowdog

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Sep 16 2006, 09:15 AM)
Having been in Canada the last month or so I have been looking for some good beer.

So far I have tried:

Chimay (this was pretty tasty)

Unibroue

Maudite (won't buy again)

Which Chimay did you try? Red or Blue? I much prefer the Red (less sweet).

I agree about the Maudite. 062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 16 2006, 01:17 PM)
Having been in Canada the last month or so I have been looking for some good beer.

So far I have tried:

Unibroue

I've seen the Red Chimay on the shelf, but have never tried it. I'll have to give it a shot. The fact that it is corked is interesting to me.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 16 2006, 01:17 PM)

So far I have tried:

Unibroue

The red, I had been meaning to try it for quite a while. It's pretty good, although at $6+ per bottle it's a little expensive.

Right now I'm enjoying a...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/Beer/88.jpg

Only the second time I've had one of these. The first time was when I was able to smuggle a bottle home from California a year and a half ago.

I put IPAs in two categories: The amber-colored ones (like this one, Acme, Smuttynose) and the dark red ones (Victory HopDevil, SN Celebration). Stone IPA is the king of amber IPAs. Bitter hops, but not so bitter that it puckers your lips, with just enough malts to balance it out. Very fresh tasting. Very flavorful. Very nice brew.

trink38.gif

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Sep 16 2006, 12:43 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Sep 15 2006, 07:30 PM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ Sep 15 2006, 06:54 PM)
Trappistes Rochefort 8 (in my sig)
This beer is truly outstanding. #1 on my list at the moment. A must try for any beer snob  trink38.gif

I dunno. Sounds French.

My good man, you should know me better than that by now laugh.gif

Here's the brewery:

Rue de l'Abbaye 8

Rochefort, Belgium

It's a good "Belgian Strong Dark Ale" according to beer advocate.

edit: here's the website Trappistes Rochefort

Ah, brewed by frickin' evil Belgians. I may give it a try.

I'm actually drinking spring water cos I have to get up and run in the morning, but the other night I had a Blue Moon Pumpkin Ale. It was the oddest thing. Odd because it really tasted good. The label is cute--a blue moon and pumpkins. So...if you are walking down the grocery store aisle, see some, and think, "WTF???" wtf.gif .... give it a try and let me know if it's just me, or if it's really not that bad....good even. smile.gif trink38.gif

QUOTE (Inkanta @ Sep 20 2006, 10:56 PM)
I'm actually drinking spring water cos I have to get up and run in the morning, but the other night I had a Blue Moon Pumpkin Ale. It was the oddest thing. Odd because it really tasted good. The label is cute--a blue moon and pumpkins. So...if you are walking down the grocery store aisle, see some, and think, "WTF???" wtf.gif .... give it a try and let me know if it's just me, or if it's really not that bad....good even. smile.gif trink38.gif

It's good for a Coors product.

But a better Pumkin ale is Buffalo Bill's.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b216/spirit3trails/buffalobills.jpg

Harder to find but worth it, I get mine at "World Market" Marvelous store to explore during the holiday's! Also I would recommend Buffalo Bill's Orange Cream Ale. Delicious real orange flavor goes down smooth.

Stone IPA and shots of Patron. patron.gif

We now have a second fridge for the garage and it is strictly for beer. It is pretty well stocked right now so I stand there for a few minutes each time trying to decide which beer to drink. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (bardan @ Sep 26 2006, 02:39 AM)

We now have a second fridge for the garage and it is strictly for beer. It is pretty well stocked right now so I stand there for a few minutes each time trying to decide which beer to drink. biggrin.gif

A beer fridge, necessary requirement for a garage. yes.gif

Sierra Nevada Tornado Ale...

Excellent stuff.. I had a sample a few weeks ago at the SN brewery. Then tonight, I found it on tap at BJ's Brewery in Folsom CA.. Awesome brew... It's like a turbo charged IPA. Not as smooth as Stone IPA, and not as strong as Stone Ruination IPA.. It's somewhere in between.. It must be brand new. I couldn't find any info or pictures of it on the net.

I also had a BJ's Jeremiah Red Ale. This is one of the best beers I've ever had. Extremely rich and tasty. It's a strong Irish Red Ale, very malty and not very Hoppy.

http://www.bjsbrewhouse.com/brewery_page/b...e_jeremiah.html

http://www.bjsbrewhouse.com/brewery_page/beerprofiles/LoResBeerLogos/jeremiah_low_res.jpg

What a great night of Ale consumption.

trink39.gif

Edited by Midway Hawker

Wow, I haven't heard anything about that Sierra Nevada Tornado Ale, I'm anxious to try it!

Tonight I'm drinking Great Lakes Commodore Perry IPA which I really like and I'm getting ready to pour a glass of Chivas to go along with it.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 29 2006, 07:11 PM)
QUOTE (spirit of radio @ Sep 29 2006, 11:04 PM)
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/sor64/RegButton.jpg When low on the funds it's Old wetsockee to the rescue trink39.gif

wetsockee rofl3.gif

062802puke_prv.gif tongue.gif

what the hell is that laugh.gif

Heineken http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/troutbum/beersmiley11.gif