What Are We Drinking Tonight??

Midway Hawker

On 8/27/2022 at 3:47 PM, pjbear05 said:

It's early, but what the hell.

Sam Adams Octoberfest

Hacker-Pschorr Octoberfest Marzen

The local Costco has micro-kegs of Hofbrau Haus .  I was tempted...

8 hours ago, goose said:

The local Costco has micro-kegs of Hofbrau Haus .  I was tempted...

Make sure you check that micro for a date of packaging.  You maybe getting a brew that's more than a year old.  Especially the "Octoberfest" styles.

Sam Adam's Octoberfest draft version of last year was overly sweet; fortunately it wss only a sample, which I had the bartender drain pour.  This year's bottled version was completely the opposite, lots of bitterness from the hops, but drinkable.

Been getting into alcohol free alternatives with that buzz stress relief feeling.  Zenify is one I've tried out so far on Amazon.com.  It takes about a couple of drinks to get it to work.  Kombucha helps at times as well.  Might get some Kin Euphoric at Bev Mo after work tomorrow to try it out.  They've been referred to as "pot in a drink" by some people.  Between this and pot offenses getting pardoned, time to celebrate.  Alright, alright, alright.:smoke:

7MWYjRm.gif

Started with a Shiner Bock with lunch.

With the Fiesta Bowl, Mexican Mules (Tequila, Ginger Ale, lime juice).

Bust out the Armagnac at the stroke of New Year's.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2023 at 6:57 PM, pjbear05 said:

Tonight, Bells Light-Hearted Ale (IPA).

Tomorrow, off to TW for a Super Bowl six mix.

WHOA, first of the six mix is blowing up! Can of Leatherback Brewing (Fredricksted, USVI) Angelfish Amber Ale.  Heavily carbonated, foaming all over.  Barely poured half the can into a 20 ounce stout glass before it overflowed.  Blew off the foam, let it settle into glass, and got the rest poured. Sad because despite the overcarbonation, it's a decent amber.  The rest of the sixer is:

Founder's Porter, Modelo Negra, Dos Equis Amber, and 2 Hacker Pschorr Octoberfest Marzen.  Cheers!

Another TW sixer:  Abita Amber Ale Ale, Dos Equis Lager, Czechvar Lager, Modelo Negra, & 2 Harp Lager.

Plus, in the spirit of the holiday, a miniature of Jameson's.