What Are We Drinking Tonight??

Midway Hawker

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Apr 15 2010, 12:43 AM)
Busch beer! trink39.gif

wtf.gif

2009 Stone IRS

Really I am surprised by this beer. Its been stored properly for the past year and I was really looking forward to trying this beer now that it has a year of age on it.

But really, I'm not enjoying it like I thought I would. It tastes a bit astringent and has a bit of apparent oxidation despite the proper care and storage.

I really am disappointed in this one. I loved it fresh and thought with a year of age it would truly be outstanding, but its just not working for me. confused13.gif

Diet Coke. No spirits for me for a while...I gotta figure out what the hell is wrong with my body!

But, I usually enjoy a good rum (I'm liking Sailor Jerry as of late) and coke, or a nice Merlot or Cabernet Sauvignon. Have to admit that I am not much of a beer drinker. If I drink beer, it's usually something like Blue Moon or Alaskan Amber. Although, I had some very fine beer last summer while traveling down the Oregon Coast. The Pelican Brewery in Pacific City and the Rogue Brewery in Newport are must-stops for beer lovers. Bonus: The Rogue also has a distillery, and I had a brilliant hazelnut rum there. Bought a couple bottles and brought them home. trink39.gif

Tonight its Captain Lawrence Captain's Reserve Imperial IPA courtesy of Pass The Ammunition trink39.gif

I've just started to drink it but so far, so good. This is a great IIPA.

I just invented a non-alcoholic cocktail consisting of 4 parts Diet 7up and 1 part cranberry-raspberry juice. I call it "The Foamy Lung"

And yes, It is delicious.

QUOTE (daveyt @ May 25 2010, 10:30 PM)
drinking victory's wild devil but a soon as u uncork it & pour it, it turns into instant foam all the way down to the bottom of the glass. no matter how u pour it. maybe it's too warm.

From my experience, thats just the nature of the beast. Every bottle I've had is that way. Reminds of Duvel. No matter how gently you pour, you get half a glass of head.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v428/snowdog2004/bleatings-0547.jpg

6 months of age has this drinking really fine right now. The hot, booziness is gone replaced with rich sweet malt and a crisp hop bite that has diminished just a tad since November.

This beer is REALLY aging nicely.

QUOTE (daveyt @ Jun 7 2010, 09:46 PM)
i always taste a hint of pineapple with the DB!

I hear ya. Some nice citrus hops notes there, but of course, Stone lists the hop bill for DB as "Classified" laugh.gif That always cracked me up.