What Are We Drinking Tonight??

Midway Hawker

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Mar 24 2005, 11:14 PM)
QUOTE (Bastille Night @ Mar 24 2005, 05:27 PM)
At least Nebbish knows a proper drink......who let all the teetotallers into this thread????  Hey Earthshine, shouldn't you be checking some ID at the door??

Anyway, it's Heineken for me this evening, as that is what my father-in-law purchased.  Free beer + sneaking away from the inlaws to the Internet = A good thing

trink39.gif  trink38.gif  trink38.gif

I hope you are joking around BN.. It's not very polite to call people names because they don't share your choice of drink.. wink.gif

There's a lot of "needling" that goes on in here about what people drink, but it is generally done among friends in a good spirit. And under age folks are welcome. If they or anyone else want to drink water or tea, or.. Miller Lite.. Then it's fine by me..

653.gif

Sorry, I thought it would be obvious that I was joking around....you know non-alcoholc beverages in "The Macallan" forum....hahahaha....I shall refrain from this behaviour here in the future. unsure.gif

Drinking cheap Carling beer tonight BTW trink39.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Mar 24 2005, 08:14 PM)
If they or anyone else want to drink water or tea, or.. Miller Lite.. Then it's fine by me..

HA HA HA He grouped tea, water & Miller Lite together... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Mar 25 2005, 07:31 PM)
If they or anyone else want to drink water or tea, or..      Miller Lite..  Then it's fine by me.. 

HA HA HA He grouped tea, water & Miller Lite together... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

As it should be! Miller Lite is little more than colored water. wink.gif

Just had a Harpoon Summer Beer with my linguini and seafood sauce. trink38.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 25 2005, 07:42 PM)
QUOTE (Digital Man @ Mar 25 2005, 07:31 PM)
If they or anyone else want to drink water or tea, or..      Miller Lite..  Then it's fine by me.. 

As it should be! Miller Lite is little more than colored water. wink.gif

Just had a Harpoon Summer Beer with my linguini and seafood sauce. trink38.gif

Actually, I have found that Miller Lite works well as a finger dipping liquid after you have eaten some shellfish......it's quite refreshing on the cuticles.....and then you can feed it to the dog

trink39.gif

laugh.gif <-----JOKING laugh.gif

...not really pokey.gif

Yeah, just joking wink.gif

Edited by Bastille Night

QUOTE (Bastille Night @ Mar 25 2005, 04:11 PM)
QUOTE (Earthshine @ Mar 24 2005, 11:14 PM)
QUOTE (Bastille Night @ Mar 24 2005, 05:27 PM)
At least Nebbish knows a proper drink......who let all the teetotallers into this thread????  Hey Earthshine, shouldn't you be checking some ID at the door??

Anyway, it's Heineken for me this evening, as that is what my father-in-law purchased.  Free beer + sneaking away from the inlaws to the Internet = A good thing

trink39.gif  trink38.gif  trink38.gif

I hope you are joking around BN.. It's not very polite to call people names because they don't share your choice of drink.. wink.gif

There's a lot of "needling" that goes on in here about what people drink, but it is generally done among friends in a good spirit. And under age folks are welcome. If they or anyone else want to drink water or tea, or.. Miller Lite.. Then it's fine by me..

653.gif

Sorry, I thought it would be obvious that I was joking around....you know non-alcoholc beverages in "The Macallan" forum....hahahaha....I shall refrain from this behaviour here in the future. unsure.gif

Drinking cheap Carling beer tonight BTW trink39.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif

laugh.gif

NO worries mate.. Just joking back at you a bit....

I'm one of the guilty ones.. I enjoy those lighter beverages myself.... I just don't want folks who are NOT drinking booze to NOT feel welcome here....

trink38.gif

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Mar 25 2005, 04:31 PM)

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Mar 21 2005, 01:29 PM)
QUOTE (war2112 @ Mar 21 2005, 09:15 AM)
I had a double shot of Drambuie last night for the first time in well over ten years. I'd forgotten how wonderful that miracle from the Isle of Skye tasted.

That stuff is awesome!! I haven't had it in awhile myself.. Makes me want to run out and buy some tonight!!

Princes in exile raising the standard Drambuie

Parading their anecdotes tired from old campaigns

Holding their own last orders commanding attention

We sit here and listen to all of the story so far

This is the story so far

trink38.gif

Where in the world does that bit of poetry come from? I can only guess that is poetry from the cadence. It sounds like Shakespeare. Is that on the bottle itself or something else entirely? It's way cool though. What a delightful little piece of prose.

I don't care for Bud.. laugh.gif

I'm drinking Evan Williams and Diet Pepsi!!

biggrin.gif

Yeah, Marillion is an English band. That album is from 1987 but it is one of their best. You may not find it in stores, but you can order it online. Go to marillion.com and you can sample their stuff... The older stuff is their best!! (like most bands!!)

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Mar 26 2005, 03:30 AM)
Hey WAR!!! I just noticed that you are exactly 5 days older than me!!

Here's to you!!

trink39.gif

(can you tell that it's late and i'm bored????)

rofl3.gif

Back atcha, buddy! That is pretty wild, isn't it? Just five days apart and yet you're a Libra and I'm a Virgo. Your girl is sexy by the way. Yeah, I peeked, but it's ok. I'm not coveting, just stating the obvious. A guy should be proud if another Y chromosome offers that up.

Thanks for the info on the band. Those are some excellent lyrics. I dig the good lyrics. Hey, that's no surprise is it? We like Rush and due in no small part to the lyrical genius and prowess of Neil.

Wow, just 5 days apart. Pretty cool man, just pretty damn cool.

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Mar 26 2005, 03:44 AM)
I don't care for Bud.. laugh.gif

I'm drinking Evan Williams and Diet Pepsi!!

biggrin.gif

Yeah, Marillion is an English band. That album is from 1987 but it is one of their best. You may not find it in stores, but you can order it online. Go to marillion.com and you can sample their stuff... The older stuff is their best!! (like most bands!!)

I love Clutching At Straws! Sugar Mice in the Rain is my fave. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Grey Goose and mango (like a true Russki!)

cocktail.gif cocktail.gif cocktail.gif cocktail.gif <--- on my 4th... giggles...

QUOTE (troutman @ Mar 27 2005, 12:08 AM)
QUOTE (Delilah @ Mar 27 2005, 12:02 AM)

cocktail.gif  cocktail.gif  cocktail.gif  cocktail.gif <--- on my 4th... giggles...

Hey Delilah, I would ask how are you doing? but it is obvious rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

troutman trink39.gif

Lose the steinlager troutman and come have some grey goose!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Delilah @ Mar 27 2005, 12:14 AM)

cocktail.gif  cocktail.gif  cocktail.gif  cocktail.gif <--- on my 4th... giggles...

Hey Delilah, I would ask how are you doing? but it is obvious rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

troutman trink39.gif

Lose the steinlager troutman and come have some grey goose!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Sorry, not tonight no.gif going "fishing' in the morning yes.gif gotta be somewhat functional unsure.gif

QUOTE (troutman @ Mar 27 2005, 12:16 AM)
QUOTE (Delilah @ Mar 27 2005, 12:14 AM)

troutman trink39.gif

Sorry, not tonight no.gif going "fishing' in the morning yes.gif gotta be somewhat functional unsure.gif

ohhh nyet!! The fish won't mind if you have a grey goose or two! oy vay!!!

laugh.gif

oh, and it's Evan Williams again for me tonight.. and a little James Beam as well..

I've been on this big Bourbon kick lately... Not sure why but i'm going with it..!!

trink38.gif

Edited by Earthshine

QUOTE (troutman @ Mar 26 2005, 09:26 PM)
QUOTE (Earthshine @ Mar 27 2005, 12:23 AM)
Grey Goose -

"Wouldn't a double martini made with the wrong Vodka be ...    twice as bad?"

biggrin.gif

unsure.gif unsure.gif unsure.gif

In case you were wondering, that is straight out of a Grey Goose Commercial. I didn't make it up!!

trink38.gif

QUOTE (Delilah @ Mar 26 2005, 09:31 PM)
Don't knock it til you try it! laugh.gif

Wasn't knocking it at all.. Grey Goose is the best Vodka I've ever had..

The statement as mentioned is straight out of a Grey Goose Commercial.. I guess you'd have to see the commercial to get it.. Basicly, they are saying that anything besides Grey Goose is the "wrong" Vodka...