What Are We Drinking Tonight??

Midway Hawker

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Apr 12 2008, 07:06 AM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Apr 11 2008, 11:42 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Apr 11 2008, 06:53 AM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 11 2008, 01:00 AM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Apr 11 2008, 12:45 AM)
Blue Moon Belgian White

It's good, if you ask me. Reading from the label it's brewed with wheat and oats with a comination of orange peel and coriander. I don't drink good beer that much anymore. I think I have a crude palatte when it comes to beer. If it costs more than eight bucks a six-pack, it has to be decent, right?  laugh.gif

At any rate, I'm enjoying it.  trink39.gif

You would LOVE this beer:

Fraoch Heather Ale

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/Beer/245.jpg

Yes, it's made with real heather flowers. You can smell the heather more than taste it, but it's quite possibly the smoothest beer I've ever had. And it's a good beer for those who don't like heavy, strong beer. Very easy to drink.

Ask GG...I sent her a bottle a while back and she raved about it. Unfortunately I can't seem to find that beer around here anymore. sad.gif

I know a place that sells it but it's in North Carolina so that's probably not much help. I do enjoy a bottle whenever I'm there, though.

That Fraoch sounds interesting. I'll check around to see if any of the stores around here carry it. If not, maybe we can arrange something, Jack. I'd like to try it, and I bet GG would love to have another bottle.

This might be of some help. Click. It's the site for the American distributor of Fraoch with contact info which you can give to your local retailer.

Fraoch Heather Ale is one of the most delicious beers known to mankind. Imo, of course.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Apr 12 2008, 06:30 PM)
Yet another Rogue Mocha Porter. Good stuff.

Just put some in the downstairs beer fridge. trink39.gif

Margaritas on the rocks, with my standard recipe. Very simple, very good, and very STRONG... 1022.gif

Put 10-15 ice cubes in the shaker. Pour in equal parts (generally 1/2 cup each, per person!) of the following:

* Tequila (Cuervo Gold or Sauza Gold... tonight it's Sauza)

* Triple Sec (or if you've got money to burn, Grand Marnier)

* Lime Juice (fresh-squeezed is ideal; Realime will do)

Shake the hell out of it and pour into an ice-filled glass. Ideally the rim would be salted, but who cares... it's what's inside that counts!

Edited by Room 34

QUOTE (anagramking @ Apr 18 2008, 10:13 PM)
I tried a Negra Modelo tonight with my pizza. Not the most exciting beer selection at this place, but the beer wasn't too bad, really.

Is that a Mexican beer? I had it once or twice, and I remember it being dark and not that bad!

trink38.gif

Mixing vodka in with whatever the hell I can... trink38.gif

QUOTE (daveyt @ Apr 30 2008, 09:01 AM)
QUOTE (Midway Hawker @ Apr 29 2008, 08:37 PM)
SN Bigfoot Ale.

ohmy.gif how is it? nice tiny bubbles?

It's wonderful this year. 25th Anniversary Edition.

Beautiful Dark Red Amber Hue. And no bubbles (if you pour it correctly) wink.gif

Smooooooooth

trink38.gif