Do TRF skaters exist?

Steevo

Are there any here that skate? I used to ages back in the 90s. I guess more oldschool street than the techy flipping that was making its way in (eeek, sounding old now). Anyway, is the scene still going stronger than ever? How long, skill levels blah blah.

I used to roller skate all the time. Goofed around on boards until I had a really nasty wreck, and then that was it. But I love watching it on tv. I think it's an awesome sport.

I really want to start blading. It looks like it's a great aerobic workout. But I never ice skated before, and it seems more similar to ice skating than to roller skating.

Totally. Its one of the few sports I will make time for on television. Made to look easy, in reality, not quite so. While I escaped any serious injuries I felt one wasnt too far away. I've rollerskated in my youth, that was pretty easy, got to even speed skate for a bit. I have iceskated a few times, its ok, not too difficult, but never got into the rollerblade craze.

ME!!!! and today is NATIONAL GO SKATEBOARDING DAY!!!!

so ive been skating all day.

yes, the skate sceene is stronger than ever now......this site is proof of that http://www.skateboarding.com/index.jsp

and ive been skating for about five years, so i guess im pretty good.....this is me from like 3 years ago:

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=...videoid=3547038

im a lot better than that now though

Edited by Wilderness_of_Mirrors

I used to skateboard alot 4 years ago.. i remember i had a Alien workshop board,spitfire wheels and Venture trucks.

spent alot of money on the best skateboard gear.. and i recently sold my skateboard for cheap sarcasm.gif

I stopped skateboarding after a serious injury, felt down a big ramp righ on my teeth.. and the teeth sort of got into my tongue and left a huge hole there.. that was &*(@& painful.. lots of blood..

also had a funny accident when i tried to kickflip 5 stairs and my balls felt right on the deck.. ph34r.gif and also broke my arms,legs several times and lots of bruises.. dazed025.gif dazed025.gif

*Always wear your protective gear while riding.. I didn't.. and it was painful*

Holy crap thats some god-damn gnarly action right there Larks. Think you're lucky to be still alive dude. Its not so cool to be protective-free when the result is being all busted up lying in hospital is it. Geeez!! no.gif

Yeah, I had to let my last deck go for a third of what I paid and it was still in pretty good cond (Jaya Bonderov, pro set up).

Very old school footage of him here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF3j-_o8eFU

Late 80s had a Santa Cruz Kendall as well, which they've re-released, very similar to these graphics.

http://www.skatesonhaight.com/Santa-Cruz-J...-p/scdaajkg.htm

Here he is, cuttin it up in indy, very roots, very oldschool, but it still has a great vibe, Wheels of Fire clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeoo5I6wdw0

While I'm at it I'll throw in my skate hero/legend/god as well. A fine example on Streets of Fire. To even have half that talent. Astounding.

To my ears Rush can make an amazing skate soundtrack as well tongue.gif

QUOTE (troutman @ Jun 21 2008, 04:06 PM)
I was just talking to Daylin last night about this laugh.gif I hated skating as a kid, wasn't worth a sh** alway's falling. tongue.gif Skateboarding seemed easier for me biggrin.gif

laugh.gif Yep! We were discussing this laugh.gif

I've been skating since I was a little girl...(long time)

I love to rollerblade smile.gif

I used to skate ALOT growing up in L.A. as a kid in the early '80's. And I was pretty good actually but then I moved to Missouri, met my wife, had kids, and got old, and my skating days were OVER. I can still ride the ramp (to a point) but like I said...my skating days are over. Age is a weird thing. In just a blink of an eye, 20 years go by FAST!!!!!

QUOTE (Daylin @ Jun 22 2008, 09:15 PM)
QUOTE (troutman @ Jun 21 2008, 04:06 PM)
I was just talking to Daylin last night about this laugh.gif  I hated skating as a kid, wasn't worth a sh** alway's falling. tongue.gif  Skateboarding seemed  easier for me biggrin.gif

laugh.gif Yep! We were discussing this laugh.gif

I've been skating since I was a little girl...(long time)

I love to rollerblade smile.gif

laugh.gif 653.gif 1022.gif cheer.gif common001.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Larks @ Jun 21 2008, 05:25 PM)
I used to skateboard alot 4 years ago.. i remember i had a Alien workshop board,spitfire wheels and Venture trucks.

spent alot of money on the best skateboard gear.. and i recently sold my skateboard for cheap sarcasm.gif

I stopped skateboarding after a serious injury, felt down a big ramp righ on my teeth.. and the teeth sort of got into my tongue and left a huge hole there.. that was &*(@& painful.. lots of blood..

also had a funny accident when i tried to kickflip 5 stairs and my balls felt right on the deck.. ph34r.gif and also broke my arms,legs several times and lots of bruises.. dazed025.gif dazed025.gif

*Always wear your protective gear while riding.. I didn't.. and it was painful*

Thats why my boyfriend doesn't board much.

He is teaching my daughters, but they are practically in bubble wrap. laugh.gif

He says the pain to fun ratio is skrewed. ph34r.gif

I'm totally useless at ice-skating. Once, I barrelled along so fast, I hit the barrier and pole-axed myself over it.

Not much experience with rollerskates.

Never been on a skateboard.

• Like 1

I'm totally useless at ice-skating. Once, I barrelled along so fast, I hit the barrier and pole-axed myself over it.

Looks like I'm on my own with this one BC, perhaps the skating craze is waning now :huh: I always took well to rollerskates as a kid (speed, backwards etc). I've had little experience with ice skating. Skateboarding was much harder to master as I got older, once I got so good I quit before the bones were in jeopardy :LOL:

Looks like I'm on my own with this one BC, perhaps the skating craze is waning now :huh: I always took well to rollerskates as a kid (speed, backwards etc). I've had little experience with ice skating. Skateboarding was much harder to master as I got older, once I got so good I quit before the bones were in jeopardy :LOL:

Kids have no fear when it comes to wazzing down some street at unheard of speeds..! :o

In any case, my only ice-skating experience echoes the type seen at shows accompanied by music, like Dire Straits - Walk Of Life. The one I'm thinking of, or at least that I can remember, was a hockey player, and he just cannoned straight over the barrier. Poor dude..! :P

• Like 1