Giant Eddie head to tour the country

Jack Aubrey

I bet you thought this was about Iron Maiden, huh? Yeah, so did I when I saw it over at Jo Blo and was a bit disappointed to find out it was instead a promo for Eddie Murphy's next movie 'Meet Dave', so now you feel my pain. laugh.gif

Courtesy of the above-posted source:

What you see to the right is not actually Eddie Murphy's head. It is instead a gigantic replica of Eddie Murphy's head that weighs an approximate three tons. No, I'm not kidding (and feel free to make your own joke). This freakishly large Ed Head will be traveling the United States to promote his upcoming movie MEET DAVE. It was in Los Angeles this past weekend and it's now making it's way east where it will end up in Times Square on July 3-5th where it will surely give some of the NYC crazies reason to believe some of their hallucinations might be real. What's the point of having a giant head travel cross country you ask? Well, because you can actually climb in the head, stick your head out the ear and get your picture taken. Pics will be uploaded to the MEET DAVE website and then cobbled together, mosiac-style, into a new poster for the movie. So in 10 years you could say, "Remember that really bad Eddie Murphy movie where he played a spaceman? No, not PLUTO NASH, the other one. I was on that poster!" And surely you will get slapped square across the face. MEET DAVE, which stars the otherwise lovable Elizabeth Banks, Gabrielle Union and Ed Helms, hits theaters on July 11.

Extra Tidbit: Five gallons of glue were used to construct this monstrosity.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/JackAubrey/eddiehead.jpg

Yeah, it's pretty much a slow news day.

QUOTE (Choose/the/light @ Jun 18 2008, 01:00 PM)
how could you deceive us!

and you even have this as your avatar!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/JackAubrey/IM1.gif

yea, but which one is scarier?

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jun 18 2008, 11:36 AM)
I bet you thought this was about Iron Maiden, huh? Yeah, so did I when I saw it over at Jo Blo and was a bit disappointed to find out it was instead a promo for Eddie Murphy's next movie 'Meet Dave', so now you feel my pain. laugh.gif

Courtesy of the above-posted source:

What you see to the right is not actually Eddie Murphy's head. It is instead a gigantic replica of Eddie Murphy's head that weighs an approximate three tons. No, I'm not kidding (and feel free to make your own joke). This freakishly large Ed Head will be traveling the United States to promote his upcoming movie MEET DAVE. It was in Los Angeles this past weekend and it's now making it's way east where it will end up in Times Square on July 3-5th where it will surely give some of the NYC crazies reason to believe some of their hallucinations might be real. What's the point of having a giant head travel cross country you ask? Well, because you can actually climb in the head, stick your head out the ear and get your picture taken. Pics will be uploaded to the MEET DAVE website and then cobbled together, mosiac-style, into a new poster for the movie. So in 10 years you could say, "Remember that really bad Eddie Murphy movie where he played a spaceman? No, not PLUTO NASH, the other one. I was on that poster!" And surely you will get slapped square across the face. MEET DAVE, which stars the otherwise lovable Elizabeth Banks, Gabrielle Union and Ed Helms, hits theaters on July 11.

Extra Tidbit: Five gallons of glue were used to construct this monstrosity.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/JackAubrey/eddiehead.jpg

Yeah, it's pretty much a slow news day.

WTF?!! This is a Jawk Jaw worthy level of weird.

QUOTE (anagramking @ Jun 18 2008, 02:20 PM)
Yep, I thought it was a Maiden thread, too. Love your avatar, Jack.

Thanks, bud. Doesn't Eddie look like he's saying "Do you feel lucky, punk?" laugh.gif

Why is Eddie trying to draw attention to yet another movie of his that blows goat?

Let alone with a freaky-weird-giant-pez-dispenser-replica of his dome?

That's just plain friggin' creepy.

And how much dope was smoked before that advertising idea was approved?

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Jun 18 2008, 07:00 PM)
Why is Eddie trying to draw attention to yet another movie of his that blows goat?

Let alone with a freaky-weird-giant-pez-dispenser-replica of his dome?

That's just plain friggin' creepy.

And how much dope was smoked before that advertising idea was approved?

All good questions. yes.gif laugh.gif

Okay, Jack, you got me!!!!

We're gonna see Maiden Friday soooooooooooooo we're all a bit Eddie Crazed in this house at the moment!!!

1022.gif Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce!!!!! 1022.gif

Eddie Murphy movie?!?!? I'll pass.

Hare biggrin.gif