Rate the last movie you saw

deadwing2112

Lady in the Water - 5/10. I had to see this before seeing the new M. Night movie. Strange, but sort of entertaining.

The Happening- 2/10. Saw this on opening night. It is just bad. M. Night's worst yet. He is going down hill fast. People were actually laughing in the theater at some of the ridiculous lines and acting. Not sure what he was trying to do here.

PI - Faith in Chaos - 8/10. Had this one on the shelf for years, finally watched it last night for the first time. Strange movie, but people with Math degrees (like me) should love this movie. Filmed in glorious black & white which added to the erieness of the whole thing.

Indy Jones & the Crystal Skull - 7/10. Fun and entertaining. I like anything with an "X-files" twist to it.. And it was better than Temple of Doom...

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (deadwing2112 @ Jun 24 2008, 08:38 PM)
Night Of The Living Dead - 6.5/10

My least favorite of the first 3 dead movies by Romero. I found myself bored during parts of the movie.

You mean the 1968 version or the remake?

For me, Futurama - Beast With a Billion Backs

84/100 common001.gif

I re-watched 'The Great Escape' last night. 10/10.

Watched "King of New York" the other night on TV.

Super violent and bloody, but some noteable performances by Walken, Fishburne, Caruso and Snipes (among others). All in all a pretty decent gangster movie.

3 1/2 out of 5 stars.

QUOTE (deadwing2112 @ Jun 24 2008, 11:38 PM)
Night Of The Living Dead - 6.5/10

My least favorite of the first 3 dead movies by Romero. I found myself bored during parts of the movie.

It was the 1968 version, but a really cheap version.

The Incredible Hulk - 6.5/10 Not really memorable but worth seeing at least once.

Watched Silence of the Lambs last night (finally!! laugh.gif ) and I must say, it was awesome.

9.5/10

'The Incredible Hulk'. I'd give it 7 out of 10. I'd have rated it higher, but there was one scene that really bugged me. Hopefully it'll be better explained on the DVD. Tim Roth was great in it and Norton did a fine job. Lou Ferrigno's cameo was a treat! It was also really nice to hear the music from the old series used in the movie.

Get Smart - 6.5/10.

It was okay, but definately a "wait for the DVD" movie.

The cast was great, especially Alan Arkin, but the movie played it pretty safe with the plot/story. There were some great one-liners, though. The excellant cast made the movie work.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jul 1 2008, 06:37 PM)
Get Smart - 6.5/10.

The cast was great, especially Alan Arkin, but the movie played it pretty safe with the plot/story. There were some great one-liners, though. The excellant cast made the movie work.

The cast was great, especially Alan Arkin

That's good to hear, I'm a big Alan Arkin fan.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jul 1 2008, 05:37 PM)
Get Smart - 6.5/10.

What is that Get Smart straight to dvd knock off that is coming out? Whats the point?

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

I'd give this 8/10. It was a fun adventure, which I expect from Indy films, and the plotline interests me anyway. Two things stopped it from getting higher; the swordfight scene was too obviously digital, and modern filming methods meant that it didn't appear to have the same 'feel' as the other three. That opinion might change though when it comes to DVD.

QUOTE (deadwing2112 @ Jul 1 2008, 06:51 PM)
Get Smart - 6.5/10. 

The cast was great, especially Alan Arkin, but the movie played it pretty safe with the plot/story.  There were some great one-liners, though.  The excellant cast made the movie work.

What is that Get Smart straight to dvd knock off that is coming out? Whats the point?

I thought it was an okay movie but it's not worth spending $12 dollars a ticket to see it in a movie theater. I recommend waiting for the DVD release to watch it. That's all. Simple.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jul 1 2008, 06:55 PM)
QUOTE (deadwing2112 @ Jul 1 2008, 06:51 PM)
Get Smart - 6.5/10. 

The cast was great, especially Alan Arkin, but the movie played it pretty safe with the plot/story.  There were some great one-liners, though.  The excellant cast made the movie work.

I thought it was an okay movie but it's not worth spending $12 dollars a ticket to see it in a movie theater. I recommend waiting for the DVD release to watch it. That's all. Simple.

doh.gif

I just realized what your post was about! Sorry. The straight to DVD release stars the two characters who invent all the gadgets for CONTROL. Why did they make it? I have no ideal! I think the plot is about what they are doing parallel to the events in Get Smart and how it ties in.