Almost Got Arrested

GotRush

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (troutman @ Jun 9 2008, 03:14 PM)
QUOTE (rushfanNlv @ Jun 9 2008, 03:11 PM)
QUOTE (Klom Dark @ Jun 9 2008, 02:42 PM)
QUOTE (Smudger @ Jun 9 2008, 05:19 PM)
QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jun 9 2008, 03:03 PM)
QUOTE (Rushian King @ Jun 9 2008, 02:33 PM)
Frankly, tampering with your plates should allow the cops to give you one truncheon shot. I hope the judge is as harsh as possible on you. Sorry.

Wow....what a dick!

If you have a child, I hope you see it run over and killed by a hit and run driver. You see the plate on the car, take it down and report it to the Police. The plate has had it's lettering tampered with, the rozzers can't trace it, your child's killer cannot be found. That is a good reason why plates shouldn't be tampered with.

Dick.

Blessed be.

What kind of a spastic ridiculous statement is that? The guy puts a question mark on his license plate and you want his child ran over? Where's the symmetry in that?

You are quite the sheep there, now ain't ya?

To be clear, he want's the guy who called the other guy a dick to have his child killed, not the original poster.

regardless, saying you hope a child dies is just plain wrong!!

Guys, I totally agree with you. I was trying to be sarcastic by calmly replying to something so absurd.

QUOTE (rushfanNlv @ Jun 9 2008, 03:20 PM)
Frankly, tampering with your plates should allow the cops to give you one truncheon shot. I hope the judge is as harsh as possible on you. Sorry.

Wow....what a dick!

If you have a child, I hope you see it run over and killed by a hit and run driver. You see the plate on the car, take it down and report it to the Police. The plate has had it's lettering tampered with, the rozzers can't trace it, your child's killer cannot be found. That is a good reason why plates shouldn't be tampered with.

Dick.

Blessed be.

What kind of a spastic ridiculous statement is that? The guy puts a question mark on his license plate and you want his child ran over? Where's the symmetry in that?

To be clear, he want's the guy who called the other guy a dick to have his child killed, not the original poster.

Guys, I totally agree with you. I was trying to be sarcastic by calmly replying to something so absurd.

biggrin.gif trink39.gif

Wow....what a dick!

Dick.

Blessed be.

Unbelievable. I'm totally shocked. wacko.gif

It pains me to know that there are people would make such an insensitive, blatantly hurtful comment.

Unbelievable.

QUOTE (troutman @ Jun 9 2008, 03:22 PM)
QUOTE (rushfanNlv @ Jun 9 2008, 03:20 PM)

Wow....what a dick!

Dick.

Blessed be.

biggrin.gif trink39.gif

trink39.gif

Should used the unsure smiley huh?

Meh, Altering your license plate is not allowed, I get that.

But... What was stopping the cop from saying, "here, let's just peel that off right now and send you on your way." I mean, of the OP isn't lying about him telling the officer that he had never been told about it before, why did the officer write him a "Knowingly Displaying Altered Plates" ticket, or whatever. I mean, can't the OP just claim in court that he didn't know a "?" was altering the plate?

The policeman was within his rights to ticket the OP, yeah, that's not in dispute, but at some point, shouldn't the office use good judgment and say "well, let's peel it off and I'll give you a warning about it."

The OP obviously didn't make a brilliant move with the ? mark, but the officer could have easily made this a non-issue.

Personally, if that is how the ticket is worded, I'd take it to court and claim that you didn't know adding a "?" (a non-character for license plates) was altering the plate, but rather personalizing it.

The worst thing that can happen is you blow an evening in court and you have to pay the fine anyway.

QUOTE (New World Kid @ Jun 9 2008, 07:37 PM)
Meh, Altering your license plate is not allowed, I get that.

But... What was stopping the cop from saying, "here, let's just peel that off right now and send you on your way." I mean, of the OP isn't lying about him telling the officer that he had never been told about it before, why did the officer write him a "Knowingly Displaying Altered Plates" ticket, or whatever. I mean, can't the OP just claim in court that he didn't know a "?" was altering the plate?

The policeman was within his rights to ticket the OP, yeah, that's not in dispute, but at some point, shouldn't the office use good judgment and say "well, let's peel it off and I'll give you a warning about it."

The OP obviously didn't make a brilliant move with the ? mark, but the officer could have easily made this a non-issue.

Personally, if that is how the ticket is worded, I'd take it to court and claim that you didn't know adding a "?" (a non-character for license plates) was altering the plate, but rather personalizing it.

The worst thing that can happen is you blow an evening in court and you have to pay the fine anyway.

was there an attempt at ownage that pissed off the cop?

was the cop having a bad day?

Man, this thread belongs in TSON. ohmy.gif My suggestion is to put the question mark on your bumper next to the plate. And next time do a lot less talking to the mobile revenue collectors.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jun 9 2008, 06:45 PM)
was there an attempt at ownage that pissed off the cop?
was the cop having a bad day?

The first part is a good point. If the OP was being a dick about it, then the cop should have done what he did.

The second question should have no bearing on his reaction to the OP. regardless of whether or not the Cop was having a bad day, he is a professional and should treat each situation identically no matter what kind of mood he is in.

QUOTE (New World Kid @ Jun 9 2008, 06:37 PM)

I contacted the courts & I have to appear on the date listed due to the fact it's a " Criminal " ticket. They asked me directly what happened & then asked me if it was corrected, and seemed to think all i will get is a very reduced fine or possibly no fine. If I want to plead not guilty & summons the cop & set a date in front of a judge I can do that too.....

The comments here run the gamut on this subject. scared.gif

I have previously (2006) got a Red light camera ticket with that sticker & they had No problem finding me. I also have been pulled over before FOR having the sticker on the plate, those two phoenix police officers caught me as I was just blocks from my house & followed me there, They at first tried to Enter the plate with the ? mark....laughing , we talked about the sticker & Rush & they NEVER told me to remove it or that it was a Criminal act ! I had couple other law enforcement officers see it & never said anything, and countless times had Police right behind me & they did nothing ! Very Discretional I guess.

I have learned my lesson, just hope it's no too expensive. doh.gif

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jun 9 2008, 04:03 PM)

Wow....what a dick!

Sorry I'm a Phil not a Dick.

QUOTE (Smudger @ Jun 9 2008, 06:19 PM)

Wow....what a dick!

Dick.

Blessed be.

Exactly. (not your wishing death upon his child but the point you're trying to make)

Edited by Rushian King

What the hell? some cops go on ego trips, that happens... check the fine amount and get some input from your lawyer.

Some of you are acting like total morons, honestly the "child ran over" and "truncheon shot" comments were totally ridiculous and inappropriate. It's a single goddamn "?" on a plate. No additonal stickers, likely no covering or even intruding on any of the numbers whatsoever. A slightly rude sounding "get it off your plate" would've sufficed. Honestly. I'd hate to talk about the criminal offense of J-walking with you guys ("Oh God what if it was someone with an AK running towards your unsuspecting family!? if they would've patiently used the crosswalk you could've got away lOLOLOLOL111!!!!")

If the cops in your area get confused between "GOTRUSH?" and "GOTRUSH" then in any of the uncalled for homicide/genocide situations proposed here you're completely screwed anyway.

QUOTE (GotRush @ Jun 9 2008, 05:25 PM)
QUOTE (New World Kid @ Jun 9 2008, 06:37 PM)

I contacted the courts & I have to appear on the date listed due to the fact it's a " Criminal " ticket. They asked me directly what happened & then asked me if it was corrected, and seemed to think all i will get is a very reduced fine or possibly no fine. If I want to plead not guilty & summons the cop & set a date in front of a judge I can do that too.....

The comments here run the gamut on this subject. scared.gif

I have previously (2006) got a Red light camera ticket with that sticker & they had No problem finding me. I also have been pulled over before FOR having the sticker on the plate, those two phoenix police officers caught me as I was just blocks from my house & followed me there, They at first tried to Enter the plate with the ? mark....laughing , we talked about the sticker & Rush & they NEVER told me to remove it or that it was a Criminal act ! I had couple other law enforcement officers see it & never said anything, and countless times had Police right behind me & they did nothing ! Very Discretional I guess.

I have learned my lesson, just hope it's no too expensive. doh.gif

You can probably use your past experiences to your advantage in court...

However, you need to find out how much the possible fine is. If it is fairly inexpensive, pay it and move on.

If it is ridiculous, you have to fight it...

Remember, that we are all behind you!!!

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jun 9 2008, 06:14 PM)
QUOTE (rushfanNlv @ Jun 9 2008, 07:11 PM)

Wow....what a dick!

Dick.

Blessed be.

I think the question is why does he want anyone's child killed?

there has been plenty of time to edit or explain and.....nothing.

I'm sorry, I'm a busy housewife, and I stand by what I said. It may seem a trivial thing, but altering licence plates coudl have serious consequences. Too many people just don't think. People, keep your plates clean and don't alter them, it's not worth it. A child's life is worth more than a Rush related plate surely?

I'm glad in Britain we nore or less have to accept the plates you are given. I can and do report people who deliberately alter their plates to look like something else.

I'm no fan of the pigs, but sometimes they happen to get things right.

Blessed Be.

Edited by Smudger

Any alteration of a vehicle license plate - even a simple one like placing a question mark on the existing letters - gives a policeman enough cause to stop someone and ticket the person for the violation, according to a nephew who works as a policeman.

As for the policeman's attitude, it seems he was way out of line. However, I can understand why he became agitated.

Policemen, including my nephew (a cop in a college town) and two uncles who were veteran cops in one of the most crime-ridden cities in America (Memphis), have to be on the edge when they're at work. Imagine a job where the person you're stopping for a simple violation might have a loaded gun in his hand. One uncle had a partner gunned down in the line of duty. If you constantly question them about an obvious violation, they can become confrontational.

But going back to the original post ... Have your day in court and explain the trivial reason why you put the question mark on the tag. There's a chance you can get off with a lesser fine.

Speaking of car tags, mine expired May 31. Guess I better renew it or else wind up in a whole heap of trouble with the law.

Edited by tupelobarchetta

QUOTE (Smudger @ Jun 10 2008, 04:46 AM)

Wow....what a dick!

Dick.

Blessed be.

I'm sorry, I'm a lonely and desperate housewife, and I stand by what I said. It may seem a trivial thing, but altering licence plates coudl have serious consequences. Too many people just don't think. People, keep your plates clean and don't alter them, it's not worth it. A child's life is worth more than a Rush related plate surely?

I'm glad in Britain we nore or less have to accept the plates you are given. I can and do report people who deliberately alter their plates to look like something else.

I'm a pig, and sometimes I happen to get things right.

Blessed Be.

You're an idiot.

Blessed Be.

Edited by mazyyz

QUOTE (Rushian King @ Jun 10 2008, 12:04 AM)
QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jun 9 2008, 04:03 PM)

Wow....what a dick!

Sorry I'm a Phil not a Dick.

My condolences

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jun 10 2008, 07:04 AM)

Wow....what a dick!

Dick.

Blessed be.

I'm sorry, I'm a busy housewife, and I stand by what I said. It may seem a trivial thing, but altering licence plates coudl have serious consequences. Too many people just don't think. People, keep your plates clean and don't alter them, it's not worth it. A child's life is worth more than a Rush related plate surely?

Blessed Be.

You're an idiot.

Blessed Be.

Wow, how can anyone say that they hope someone else's child is killed by a hit & run driver, and close that post out with "blessed be"? Not exactly. . .Biblical, is it?

Wow....what a dick!

Dick.

Blessed be.

Blessed Be.

You're an idiot.

Blessed Be.

And presuming that you are an American, here is a phrase based around how you speak: You are in denial of your idiocy.

For when I run into you my plate is YS06DFT

QUOTE (Smudger @ Jun 10 2008, 08:15 AM)

Wow....what a dick!

Dick.

Blessed be.

Blessed Be.

You're an idiot.

Blessed Be.

And presuming that you are an American, here is a phrase based around how you speak: You are in denial of your idiocy.

For when I run into you my plate is YS06DFT

Edited by mazyyz

You probably would of got away scott free if you hadn't gone off on one saying that if no cop had ever pointed out you were in the wrong, which you were, then he must be wrong.

QUOTE (J0N @ Jun 10 2008, 08:58 AM)
You probably would of got away scott free if you hadn't gone off on one saying that if no cop had ever pointed out you were in the wrong, which you were, then he must be wrong.

Please JON it is "You probably would have got away scott free" that is such a distressing error for me to see. My ten year old is always making the same mistake, even though I beat his buttocks with a whippy cane - luckily hubby has very little to do with the child, and I can get away with it.

The educational system in Britain really is ruined, in my day we were made to eat chalk dust for mistakes like that, and it never did us any harm smile.gif

QUOTE (Smudger @ Jun 10 2008, 03:09 PM)
QUOTE (J0N @ Jun 10 2008, 08:58 AM)

Please JON it is "You probably would have got away scott free" that is such a distressing error for me to see. My ten year old is always making the same mistake, even though I beat his buttocks with a whippy cane - luckily hubby has very little to do with the child, and I can get away with it.

The educational system in Britain really is ruined, in my day we were made to eat chalk dust for mistakes like that, and it never did us any harm smile.gif

Oh sorry, my point is invalid now sad.gif