Motorhead - the dedicated thread

treeduck

While I'm not a true, diehard Motorhead devotee, I've always liked to blast these guys on the stereo every now and then and I've still got the Ace of Spades vinyl single with the red sleeve I bought back in 1980 among other Motorhead goodies. So... Anyone else got a soft spot for the stubbornly immortal Lemmy and company who ironically doesn't want to live forever?

I couldn't find a full thread on these guys so I've taken the responsibility today, since I'm having a little Motorhead phase (again), and this is making me curious about my fellow Motorhead TRFers views...so let's hear it...

They're touring America with Judas Priest, Heaven and Hell and Testament very soon, just in case some of you American Rushiacs don't know, so grab up a ticket...

trink38.gif

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have always liked them. Haven't seen them for two years as they always seem to have the same setlist with one new track added in. Always a good live band though, and worth watching. The audiences are also usually subdued during Motorhead; whether that's because they always have modern metal bands on as support I'm not sure, but it's still weird.

Seen them twice AND got backstage both times at the Apollo (1980 and 1981). Did get Lemmy's autograph on both occasions, I sold one of these a few years ago...the other is lost somewhere.

QUOTE (Kubla @ Jun 8 2008, 02:00 PM)
Seen them twice AND got backstage both times at the Apollo (1980 and 1981). Did get Lemmy's autograph on both occasions, I sold one of these a few years ago...the other is lost somewhere.

What did Lemmy say to you, if anything?

Meanwhile your avatar has me mesmerised...

wacko.gif "yes master I will walk off this cliff..."

biggrin.gif wink.gif

When i think of Motorhead, i think of this comercial ! laugh.gif

rofl3.gif

I remember being a kid and mesmerized by Lemmy and his Ric in the ace of spades video.

Never really got into them too much but I respect them.

QUOTE (Wilderness_of_Mirrors @ Jun 8 2008, 02:34 PM)
i like the song "God Was Never On Your Side" by Motorhead....it rocks actually. dont listen to it if you are religous, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsOaaE-DlPU

Isn't that off the last album, from 2006? I never got that one, I've heard osme tunes off it though. My last Motorhead album was Inferno, which I think was really excellent...

I'm very big on Another Perfect Day (featuring Ex-Thin Lizzy axeman Brian Robertson) plus of course the classic Ace of Spades, Overkill and Bomber albums...

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

"Who's a better bass player, Lemmy or God? ... It's a trick question; Lemmy is God!"

http://videodetective.com/photos/125/00525217_.jpg

Always liked Motorhead...by far my fav tune is "The Chase Is Better Than The Catch" from Ace of Spades album.

Here is them playing it without the vocals...this is an extra from the Ace of Spades Classic Albums DVD...pretty cool and funny documentary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8UIPiEzESs 1022.gif

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jun 8 2008, 03:40 PM)
Pretty big fan here also.........haven't heard much of their last few albums though. I'll have to check them out......

Definitely pick up Inferno from 2004 it's right up there with their best albums...

cool10.gif

1022.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jun 8 2008, 03:49 PM)
Always liked Motorhead...by far my fav tune is "The Chase Is Better Than The Catch" from Ace of Spades album.

Here is them playing it without the vocals...this is an extra from the Ace of Spades Classic Albums DVD...pretty cool and funny documentary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8UIPiEzESs 1022.gif

Cool...

cool.gif

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Excellent band back in the day. I remember the giant plane they used to hover over the crowd when they played "Bomber"

Love Me like a reptile is a class track.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 8 2008, 05:19 PM)
QUOTE (HemispheresserehpsimeH @ Jun 8 2008, 04:58 PM)
They're coming out with a new one too actually. I love Motorhead.

I think it's called Motorizer...

Yeah, I heard it was either that or Motorize. Either way, bring it on. Inferno and Kiss of Death have been great albums.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 8 2008, 01:51 PM)
They're touring America with Judas Priest, Heaven and Hell and Testament very soon, just in case some of you American Rushiacs don't know, so grab up a ticket...

I can't. I'm going to New York to see King Crimson. I'm VERY upset I have to miss that show. Holy shit, what a f***ing lineup!!!

QUOTE (Finbar @ Jun 8 2008, 08:31 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 8 2008, 01:51 PM)

I can't. I'm going to New York to see King Crimson. I'm VERY upset I have to miss that show. Holy shit, what a f***ing lineup!!!

Aye Finny!

1022.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 8 2008, 02:05 PM)

biggrin.gif wink.gif

I can't remember too much about them, but he was drinking 7-up at one of them, he'd lost it and asked where it was...very vague though.

My mate who I was with lived in Heaton Moor at the time. Lemmy did say that he used to live there. I know he used to live in Cheetham Hill during his wacky Hawkwind days of the early '70's but Heaton Moor? unsure.gif

QUOTE (Kubla @ Jun 9 2008, 06:05 AM)

biggrin.gif wink.gif

I can't remember too much about them, but he was drinking 7-up at one of them, he'd lost it and asked where it was...very vague though.

My mate who I was with lived in Heaton Moor at the time. Lemmy did say that he used to live there. I know he used to live in Cheetham Hill during his wacky Hawkwind days of the early '70's but Heaton Moor? unsure.gif

Interesting yes, I still remember him singing Silver Machine...

He left Hawkwind after getting thrown in jail in America in 1974 and lost touch with the band...something like that anyway...

Another Motorhead album I really like btw is Orgasmatron!!

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 9 2008, 03:12 PM)
QUOTE (Kubla @ Jun 9 2008, 06:05 AM)

biggrin.gif wink.gif

Interesting yes, I still remember him singing Silver Machine...

He left Hawkwind after getting thrown in jail in America in 1974 and lost touch with the band...something like that anyway...

Another Motorhead album I really like btw is Orgasmatron!!

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

He didn't sing that much for them but he wrote and sung 3 songs for HW.

'The Watcher'

'Lost Johnny'

and of course..

'Motorhead'

which is where he got the name for his band from.

These three songs are all on Motorhead's first album, which btw, is by far their best.

Archived