Favorite shows from the 70's

ReflectedLight

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jun 6 2008, 02:24 PM)
Don't know if anyone remembers, but the cartoon TARZAN LORD OF THE JUNGLE was pretty awesome

Finally, somebody else who remembers that! The animation was so different for its time; it was a really cool show.

I'm pretty sure those same animators would later make contributions toward the He-Man cartoon...because there was a stand/squat position and other action poses that Tarzan & He-Man did that looked identical. And Tarzan's jungle scream in that cartoon was up there with Carol Burnett's rendition. 1022.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jun 9 2008, 08:17 AM)
Don't know if anyone remembers, but the cartoon TARZAN LORD OF THE JUNGLE was pretty awesome

Finally, somebody else who remembers that! The animation was so different for its time; it was a really cool show.

I'm pretty sure those same animators would later make contributions toward the He-Man cartoon...because there was a stand/squat position and other action poses that Tarzan & He-Man did that looked identical. And Tarzan's jungle scream in that cartoon was up there with Carol Burnett's rendition. 1022.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCjX5KWDVdo

Check out the swinging he does on the vines; there's an interesting fluidity to his motions. And when he lands, there's the stance that you're refering to... I knew immediately what you meant by that pose, because he did it all the time!

Edited by GeddyRulz

Probably the original Star Trek and Hawaii Five-O. And I used to watch the Superfriends cartoon at like 5am in the morning, if that counts.

I loved Laverne and Shirley

especially the episode when they went to NearMexico on vacation... z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jun 6 2008, 09:22 PM)
OK, now its time to GET DOWN!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo6caNX1e84

"Aint we lucky we got 'em...."

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w147/BlackPix2007/BlackPixII/ebarnes11.jpg

Ahaha, okay yeah props be to Good Times.

What about that show "What's Happening?" with Rerun, Duane, Shirley, and Raj (or was it Rog for Roger?). Was that a 70's show or was that in the 80's? Either way that show ruled!

QUOTE (DiscipleofLerxst @ Jun 5 2008, 05:27 PM)
QUOTE (hope70 @ Jun 5 2008, 06:16 PM)
I guess the fact that I was just a kid growing up with no worries, (Born in 70) but I like the shows from back then.  Some of my favs were SWAT, Wonder Woman, and Chips.

I was born in '67 and I loved those shows.

Baa Baa Blacksheep was good too.

All those super cheesy Sid and Marty Croft shows played on Saturday mornings kicked ass as well.

Uh oh, I'm having a Mandrell Sisters flashback!

I believe it too sported the Kroftspawn puppets.

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Jun 9 2008, 12:34 PM)
Probably the original Star Trek and Hawaii Five-O. And I used to watch the Superfriends cartoon at like 5am in the morning, if that counts.

Star Trek was a 60's show but to be fair I watched it for the first time in the 70s so I think of it as a 70's show sort of...

Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley (The Squigtones rock!), Fat Albert, Sonny and Cher, Pink Panther, Dukes of Hazzard (started in '79).

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jun 10 2008, 12:42 AM)

Check out the swinging he does on the vines; there's an interesting fluidity to his motions. And when he lands, there's the stance that you're refering to... I knew immediately what you meant by that pose, because he did it all the time!

And how many times did he put a gorilla in a full nelson?! A million? That was another money shot. Tarzan!!! 1022.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jun 10 2008, 08:04 AM)

And how many times did he put a gorilla in a full nelson?! A million? That was another money shot. Tarzan!!! 1022.gif

Remember him commanding the animals to move?

"Onk! Onk-a Cheetah, onk!" And he'd point off to his right. It happened at least once per episode. laugh.gif

Edited by GeddyRulz

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jun 11 2008, 05:56 AM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jun 10 2008, 08:04 AM)

Remember him commanding the animals to move?

"Onk! Onk-a Cheetah, onk!" And he'd point off to his right. It happened at least once per episode. laugh.gif

Now that you remind me, I remember it clearly now. I liked the gorillas' voices...that gruff I need a throat lozenge sound as they growled then said, "Tarzan" laugh.gif

It's hard to believe that we're the only ones here that apparently saw this awesome cartoon. It'd easily be in my top 10 of cartoon series of all time