You know you are not a Rush fan when...

Alex

When you have a choice to get in a long line at the checkout with 2.gif 1022.gif on the muzak, and disdain the process by dropping everything, walking out and cranking up disco in your car as you leave the parking lot minus your pound of ground round... 2.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (telegraphcreeklocal @ Sep 21 2008, 11:00 AM)
When you have a choice to get in a long line at the checkout with 2.gif 1022.gif on the muzak, and disdain the process by dropping everything, walking out and cranking up disco in your car as you leave the parking lot minus your pound of ground round... 2.gif 1022.gif

mmm, sorry, but I WOULD disdain Rush Muzak because, well, it's Muzak! How dare they do that to Rush! 062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jun 1 2008, 09:04 AM)

When the only songs you care about being played live are 2112 (in its entirety, but you don't know)

goodpost.gif

That's classic!

QUOTE (rushgoddess @ Oct 21 2008, 12:33 PM)
when you say, i like the bass palyer but they need a new singer

I've actually heard somone say that.

The same guy said that he didn't like Rush because they wrote too many ballads, he preferred bands that actually rocked.

QUOTE (Show Don't Tell @ Jun 20 2008, 07:54 PM)
When you say it: "Two-One-One-Two". 062802puke_prv.gif

I remeber that was one of the first things I had to learn when I was little. My big brother would sit down with me and go: "Ok, Lee, twenty-one-twelve. Remember, twenty-one-twelve... NOT 2-1-1-2, NOT 2 thousand 1 hundred and eleven, TWENTY-ONE-TWELVE!" And by damnit, I never forgot!

QUOTE (lya2112yyz @ Oct 26 2008, 01:47 PM)
QUOTE (Show Don't Tell @ Jun 20 2008, 07:54 PM)
When you say it: "Two-One-One-Two". 062802puke_prv.gif

I remeber that was one of the first things I had to learn when I was little. My big brother would sit down with me and go: "Ok, Lee, twenty-one-twelve. Remember, twenty-one-twelve... NOT 2-1-1-2, NOT 2 thousand 1 hundred and eleven, TWENTY-ONE-TWELVE!" And by damnit, I never forgot!

ah i've had that one before...

no one says it anymore though, it may be because i never visit them in hospital.... b_sigh.gif

Another Rush story, not a personal experiance, but I heard it from a friend who's also into Rush (who probably heard it from another friend, and so on...):

At a Rush show, someone behind me is yelling "YYzeee! YYzeee!"

All of a sudden I hear someone behind them yell "It's YYZED you tw**!" Then everyone around me who heard just started laughing. We got a pretty weird look from Geddy, they were in the middle of The Spirit of Radio...

When you try and sell an amp of ebay that has the tone of "Eric Lifeson" of Rush.

QUOTE (Show Don't Tell @ Feb 11 2009, 07:29 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Feb 10 2009, 07:07 PM)
When you try and sell an amp of ebay that has the tone of "Eric Lifeson" of Rush.

z7shysterical.gif

rofl3.gif