Hair color

Mara

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ May 26 2009, 08:37 AM)
Anybody else watch "Jon and Kate"?

I'm considering starting a thread to snark in, esp. after watching some of last night's new episode, plus reading "Kate's" blog...

Any takers if I do?

As much as I love to be catty, I don't watch the show often enough to get good jabs in. I watched maybe two episodes when it first aired and I could not take that woman, plus, it was painfully obvious that the marriage was not healthy. He constantly avoided her and put her down and she was wayyyyy too controlling. They both drove me nuts.

I wouldn't mind sending some business cards of reputable hair stylists her way though. (See, ahhh, got one good jab in right there. laugh.gif )

QUOTE (Mrs. Huck Rogers @ May 26 2009, 10:41 AM)
Well girls. I was going to post a pic of my teal, blue and pink hair but now I aint! Screw that. I'm 43. Probably older than Kate(?) so yeah....looking forward to bleaching it soon..... bolt.gif

No....

Don't say that.

If you watch her for 2 minutes, you'd see that she isn't being unique and individualistic like you've always been. She isn't a creative soul looking for expression.

Don't take what I've said the wrong way.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ May 26 2009, 04:04 PM)
Well girls. I was going to post a pic of my teal, blue and pink hair but now I aint! Screw that. I'm 43. Probably older than Kate(?) so yeah....looking forward to bleaching it soon.....  bolt.gif

No....

Don't say that.

If you watch her for 2 minutes, you'd see that she isn't being unique and individualistic like you've always been. She isn't a creative soul looking for expression.

moon.gif

You southern people are all alike. Rednecks!!

tongue.gif

QUOTE (Mrs. Huck Rogers @ May 26 2009, 04:10 PM)
Well girls. I was going to post a pic of my teal, blue and pink hair but now I aint! Screw that. I'm 43. Probably older than Kate(?) so yeah....looking forward to bleaching it soon.....  bolt.gif

No....

Don't say that.

moon.gif

tongue.gif

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa147/pinkpalomino/b600.jpg

tongue.gif

QUOTE (Mrs. Huck Rogers @ May 27 2009, 01:59 PM)

No....

Don't say that.

moon.gif

tongue.gif

tongue.gif

Lookin' good, P!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Digital Man @ May 27 2009, 06:10 PM)

No....

Don't say that.

moon.gif

tongue.gif

tongue.gif

Lookin' good, P!

trink39.gif

laugh.gif

I don't know about that but I like feeling young with the hair thing wink.gif

QUOTE (Digital Man @ May 27 2009, 01:10 PM)

No....

Don't say that.

moon.gif

tongue.gif

tongue.gif

Lookin' good, P!

trink39.gif

I really like how that came out! What dye brand do you use?

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ May 27 2009, 06:13 PM)
QUOTE (Digital Man @ May 27 2009, 01:10 PM)

No....

Don't say that.

moon.gif

tongue.gif

tongue.gif

Lookin' good, P!

trink39.gif

I really like how that came out! What dye brand do you use?

Rusk Scream for the blue and Magenta and the teal is Crazy Colors by Renbow.

I've used Manic Panic and Fudge. They all work pretty good though this is the best blue I've found.

If you have lots of hair, mix some of the dye with a neutral extender(bout half and half); save you tons of money and make your dye last way longer.

If you use mostly extender and a bit of dye, you get pastel colours!

QUOTE (Janie @ May 26 2009, 10:42 AM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ May 26 2009, 08:37 AM)
Anybody else watch "Jon and Kate"?

I'm considering starting a thread to snark in, esp. after watching some of last night's new episode, plus reading "Kate's" blog...

Any takers if I do?

As much as I love to be catty, I don't watch the show often enough to get good jabs in. I watched maybe two episodes when it first aired and I could not take that woman, plus, it was painfully obvious that the marriage was not healthy. He constantly avoided her and put her down and she was wayyyyy too controlling. They both drove me nuts.

I wouldn't mind sending some business cards of reputable hair stylists her way though. (See, ahhh, got one good jab in right there. laugh.gif )

I don't watch it ever, but seriously: Did these people expect to be completely normal after broadcasting their lives on television? wacko.gif

Sometimes I wonder if Alex Lifeson puts color in his hair.

I look at some photos and the hair color is very dark and others it is lighter.

I also look at Geddy's hair in the later years and it looks like there is more of a black reddish color than the brown color he had in the early years.

With Neil it is hard to tell now because he either shaves all of his hair off and lets it grow back in the summer he mentions in his book or he is always wearing a hat of some kind - his African prayer caps he uses when he drums, a regular sports cap, or a motorcycle helmet. It is hard to tell.

It may be easier to drum with short hair.. but I'm not cutting mine. tongue.gif

Speaking of hair dye... the time has come for me to dye it again. I could do the colour I did last time which was a dark red and it came out really nice meshing with my natural red hair. Or... I could do something a lil more daring.

I was thinking about a less natural looking colour again. I've done every single colour... I mean EVERY single colour. Was thinking something bright and wild for the summer... or maybe doing the light blonde with the front a wild colour. I used to dye it blonde with magenta pink in the front. That was fun biggrin.gif and expensive.

doh.gif

I suppose I could always use temp hair dyes to change the colour in the front... but I hate the tint it puts in my hair when it fades.

Anyone have any ideas?

QUOTE (RushFanForever @ Jun 10 2009, 05:39 PM)
Sometimes I wonder if Alex Lifeson puts color in his hair.

I look at some photos and the hair color is very dark and others it is lighter.

I also look at Geddy's hair in the later years and it looks like there is more of a black reddish color than the brown color he had in the early years.

With Neil it is hard to tell now because he either shaves all of his hair off and lets it grow back in the summer he mentions in his book or he is always wearing a hat of some kind - his African prayer caps he uses when he drums, a regular sports cap, or a motorcycle helmet. It is hard to tell.

Neil definitely has a bit of gray. But if he dyes it, then he's paying a fortune for a very, very good colorist. It's usually pretty noticeable when men dye their hair.

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Jun 10 2009, 06:12 PM)

Speaking of hair dye... the time has come for me to dye it again. I could do the colour I did last time which was a dark red and it came out really nice meshing with my natural red hair. Or... I could do something a lil more daring.

I was thinking about a less natural looking colour again. I've done every single colour... I mean EVERY single colour. Was thinking something bright and wild for the summer... or maybe doing the light blonde with the front a wild colour. I used to dye it blonde with magenta pink in the front. That was fun biggrin.gif and expensive.

doh.gif

I suppose I could always use temp hair dyes to change the colour in the front... but I hate the tint it puts in my hair when it fades.

Anyone have any ideas?

How do you look with it very, very dark? I've always thought near-black with blue highlights here and there looks really, really cool. I can't pull it off because of my skin tone. Wish I could.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ May 22 2009, 12:55 PM)
Had to find a hair-related thread to get all catty in...

I used to like watching "Jon & Kate Plus 8" but now I'm disgusted by the whole thing - all the tabloid crap, etc.

But what in the holy hell is UP with Kate Gosselin's hair? I've seen it called a reverse mullet. rofl3.gif

http://www.celebrity-gossip.net/images/photos/kate-gosselin-affair-night.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_DyYpTwA8SJw/SWpdApSoaGI/AAAAAAAAAIc/fYLRyj9YqaE/s320/n1537302550_30144282_2808.jpg
Weird...but not in a cool, individualistic way. She's a weird chick.

There is just no way around it, that is bad hair... it's like she was sitting backwards in the stylists chair. It didn't used to be this bad, but the division between the front and back just keeps getting worse and worse.

As for the topic at hand, I color my hair and then highlights.. I refuse to give in to gray. I'm still too young for that.. I've got plenty of gray so she does the highlights and it helps cover the gray better cause the grays don't always hold the color.. sucks getting old!!

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 10 2009, 08:04 PM)
QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Jun 10 2009, 06:12 PM)

Speaking of hair dye... the time has come for me to dye it again. I could do the colour I did last time which was a dark red and it came out really nice meshing with my natural red hair.  Or... I could do something a lil more daring.

I was thinking about a less natural looking colour again. I've done every single colour... I mean EVERY single colour. Was thinking something bright and wild for the summer...  or maybe doing the light blonde with the front a wild colour. I used to dye it blonde with magenta pink in the front. That was fun biggrin.gif  and expensive.

doh.gif

Anyone have any ideas?

How do you look with it very, very dark? I've always thought near-black with blue highlights here and there looks really, really cool. I can't pull it off because of my skin tone. Wish I could.

I've done it dark too much... Im in more of a lighter, brighter mood.

Boy, am I due for a touch-up. I'm going back to the same person as last time. She did such a great job, got really, really close to the scalp and used several different shades. This is the longest I have been able to go without it looking like it needs doing.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 11 2009, 08:15 AM)
Boy, am I due for a touch-up.  I'm going back to the same person as last time.  She did such a great job, got really, really close to the scalp and used  several different shades.  This is the longest I have been able to go without it looking like it needs doing.

I already have it marked it my calendar to get to the hair stylists this fall for a much-needed coloring. I'm avoiding coloring my hair (to be on the safe side) while pregnant.

I'm going to go for a soft brown with light brown/blondish (read, subtle) highlights. Plus, it's pretty long these days so I'm not doing anything too outrageous.

Edited by Janie

We need to start posting pics of hair color updates. yes.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 11 2009, 12:26 PM)
We need to start posting pics of hair color updates. yes.gif

I still haven't decided what to do with the mop.

I could do the colour I did last time... I liked it. But a part of me wants to do a wild colour. Or a few colours.

wacko.gif