Age and Sex Poll

RushRevisited

What category describes your age and gender?  

1299 members have voted

1. 1. What category describes your age and gender?

• < 18 Years Old, Female
    • < 18 Years Old, Male
    • 18-25 Years Old, Female
    • 18-25 Years Old, Male
    • 26-35 Years Old, Female
    • 26-35 Years Old, Male
    • 36-45 Years Old, Female
    • 36-45 Years Old, Male
    • 46-55 Years Old, Female
    • 46-55 Years Old, Male
    • > 55 Years Old, Female
    • > 55 Years Old, Male

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Sep 6 2004, 09:27 PM)
QUOTE (BSG @ Sep 6 2004, 04:56 PM)
Wowzer! Look at all us old farts here! (Male, 40 here.) bsg.gif

Yeah, look at all you old farts rofl3.gif

Watch it there you young whippersnapper or I'll come beat you with my cane biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Sep 6 2004, 02:17 AM)
18-25 year old male looking for 18-25 year old females (current age is 20)

Ditto,

Except I am 21

what was this poll about? sex and what?????

i voted yes for sex....

is that a bad thing?

Edited by ladirushfan80
  • Like 1

Heh, yeah, unfortunatly the laws of biology dont work that way. You see, after you are no longer in an embryonic state, your body stops producing telomerase, which is necissary to halt the cell death process. You see, everytime your chromosomes in your body go under mitosis and divide, they are slightly cut shorter during the process. The telomerase acts as an enzyme which cuts fills in the space of the telomers formed during this process, so that the DNA can be replicated in full. If you dont produce it, you loose that small portion.

SO, this means every chromosome in your body has a shelf life. Once the chromosome no longer contains enough information you need in your DNA, the cell dies through apoptosis. The chromosomes are in a sense biologically designed to die. We are biologically assigned to age and die.

Unless you found a way to reactivate those telomerase enzymes, I'm afraid your old.

I love my biotech classes 653.gif

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Sep 9 2004, 09:39 PM)
Heh, yeah, unfortunatly the laws of biology dont work that way. You see, after you are no longer in an embryonic state, your body stops producing telomerase, which is necissary to halt the cell death process. You see, everytime your chromosomes in your body go under mitosis and divide, they are slightly cut shorter during the process. The telomerase acts as an enzyme which cuts fills in the space of the telomers formed during this process, so that the DNA can be replicated in full. If you dont produce it, you loose that small portion.

SO, this means every chromosome in your body has a shelf life. Once the chromosome no longer contains enough information you need in your DNA, the cell dies through apoptosis. The chromosomes are in a sense biologically designed to die. We are biologically assigned to age and die.

Unless you found a way to reactivate those telomerase enzymes, I'm afraid your old.

I'm taking bio right now too! it's cool stuff! smile.gif

QUOTE (D-13 @ Sep 15 2004, 04:09 PM)
QUOTE (Moonraker @ Sep 9 2004, 09:39 PM)
Heh, yeah, unfortunatly the laws of biology dont work that way.  You see, after you are no longer in an embryonic state, your body stops producing telomerase, which is necissary to halt the cell death process.  You see, everytime your chromosomes in your body go under mitosis and divide, they are slightly cut shorter during the process.  The telomerase acts as an enzyme which cuts fills in the space of the telomers formed during this process, so that the DNA can be replicated in full.  If you dont produce it, you loose that small portion.

SO, this means every chromosome in your body has a shelf life.  Once the chromosome no longer contains enough information you need in your DNA, the cell dies through apoptosis.  The chromosomes are in a sense biologically designed to die.  We are biologically assigned to age and die.

I'm taking bio right now too! it's cool stuff! smile.gif

Yup, is very fun. I got to work with ethidium bromide yesterday in my class (mutagen) while staining my DNA gels. I was the only one in class that volunteered to help the teacher use it. I figured I'm going to have to get used to the stuff if I want to get into the field, so have to start somewhere. I must say, it certainly makes you 10X more focused on what you are doing if you know that you will get cancer if it splashes on you.