John Rutsey dead at 55

rushfr:CP

QUOTE (Necromancer @ May 13 2008, 06:33 PM)
Q 107 Rock Report

A few posts down is a post from Lindy Young.  Very poignant.  sad.gif

There's also a post from Ian Grandy. He worked for Rush for many of the early years. He also had nice comments about John.

And there's a post from Donna Halper, too.

RIP John. rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif

QUOTE (Choose/the/light @ May 13 2008, 05:31 PM)
the scariest part about this is that the other guys are right about his age sad.gif

yeah, but they're not Diabetic. Big difference. That disease is brutal...I'm telling ya...and we have no idea how much Rutsey took care of himself.

As I said, you can live a semi normal and long life with Diabetes, but you have to do a LOT of things to take care of yourself. If he decided he just didn't want to do it anymore, that could lead to something like this very quickly.

QUOTE (Wilderness_of_Mirrors @ May 13 2008, 06:20 PM)
the scariest part about this is that the other guys are right about his age sad.gif

i dont even want to think about that.

Me either. I'll have to take bereavement time from work. sad.gif

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ May 13 2008, 04:32 PM)

yeah, but they're not Diabetic. Big difference. That disease is brutal...I'm telling ya...and we have no idea how much Rutsey took care of himself.

As I said, you can live a semi normal and long life with Diabetes, but you have to do a LOT of things to take care of yourself. If he decided he just didn't want to do it anymore, that could lead to something like this very quickly.

Yea I know but of course, "anything can happen"

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ May 13 2008, 06:32 PM)

Diabetes isnt that big of a deal. My grandma is 84 and has diabetes and is quite healthy. But yea it can cause premature death.

QUOTE (farcryoverspilledmilk @ May 13 2008, 04:38 PM)
http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/1902/earlyrushwl2.jpg

I know this thread is suppose to be serious, but that pic looks like Geddy is grabbing his crotch.

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 13 2008, 07:05 PM)

Diabetes isnt that big of a deal. My grandma is 84 and has diabetes and is quite healthy. But yea it can cause premature death.

Aaaand my 38 year-old sister has diabetes and she's had tremendous complications. It affects everyone differently.

I hope John's passing was peaceful and painless.

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ May 13 2008, 07:05 PM)

No offense...but Diabetes IS DEFINITELY a Big Deal...and by the way there are different "types" of Diabetes...Type 1 and Type 2. My father was a Type 1...menaing he was insulin dependant and terrible complications his whole life. He dies in his early 60's from cancer...but it was indirectly related to how Diabetes affected him.

Your grandma may bea type 2...I'm not sure.....

QUOTE (mazyyz @ May 14 2008, 01:05 AM)

I know this thread is suppose to be serious, but that pic looks like Geddy is grabbing his crotch.

If he is, then his thumb is on the wrong side of his hand.. wink.gif

QUOTE (Jaye @ May 13 2008, 07:22 PM)

I know this thread is suppose to be serious, but that pic looks like Geddy is grabbing his crotch.[/quote]

Or that Geddy is double-jointed to the point of freakdom.

rose.gif Thank you John, for all you've given us.

Enjoy the sounds of your journey!

Hare biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Jaye @ May 13 2008, 08:22 PM)
QUOTE (mazyyz @ May 14 2008, 01:05 AM)

That is why his bass playing is so unique.

RIP JR... I think they should add working man as another encore tune to pay tribute to him... and play it to sound as close as possible to the original recording