John Rutsey dead at 55

rushfr:CP

This is really shocking news sad.gif

What a sad way to start the day sad.gif

that's sad news...

with diabetes there's a good chance it was either cardiovascular or renal in origin as a result of his disease.

QUOTE (Cygnus The God Of Balance @ May 13 2008, 12:30 PM)
I wonder if there will be any public announcement or comment by the band. I would think they'd put something up on the rush.com website.

Yeah, no kidding........I'm shocked there is no mention at all yet on their website........

RIP-John

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ May 13 2008, 11:00 AM)
I wonder if there will be any public announcement or comment by the band.  I would think they'd put something up on the rush.com website.

Yeah, no kidding........I'm shocked there is no mention at all yet on their website........

RIP-John

Has anyone seen any other announcement of the news other than from that radio station or some source quoting that radio station?

Where are the diabetes thoughts comming from??

It said in the blurb that he did bodybuilding, and I know Alex said he used to work out with him in the 80's (in fact, Alex said this in the recent Rockline interviews), so I doubt it was because he sat around eating ice cream confused13.gif

Whatever the cause, I hope he went peacefully..

Edited by iluvgeddy05

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 13 2008, 01:16 PM)
I wonder if there will be any public announcement or comment by the band.  I would think they'd put something up on the rush.com website.

RIP-John

Has anyone seen any other announcement of the news other than from that radio station or some source quoting that radio station?

Wiki quotes this page

http://www.q107.com/Blogs/TheQ107RockRepor...ntryID=10000007

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ May 13 2008, 02:20 PM)

It said in the blurb that he did bodybuilding, and I know Alex said he used to work out with him in the 80's (in fact, Alex said this in the recent Rockline interviews), so I doubt it was because he sat around eating ice cream confused13.gif

I've read in several articles that he had diabetes. It's one of the reasons he left the band. Also, Alex apparently worked out with him over 20 years ago. A person can change habits over that time.

Anyway, it's all speculation. I'm saddened by the news. He touched my life, even though in a small way.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ May 13 2008, 01:33 PM)
QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ May 13 2008, 02:20 PM)

It said in the blurb that he did bodybuilding, and I know Alex said he used to work out with him in the 80's (in fact, Alex said this in the recent Rockline interviews), so I doubt it was because he sat around eating ice cream  confused13.gif

I've read in several articles that he had diabetes. It's one of the reasons he left the band. Also, Alex apparently worked out with him over 20 years ago. A person can change habits over that time.

Anyway, it's all speculation. I'm saddened by the news. He touched my life, even though in a small way.

So maybe he was trying to stay healthy but fighting a losing battle sad.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 13 2008, 01:16 PM)

RIP-John

I've checked canoe.ca, and the toronto star and cbc websites. Nothing there.

I was actually hoping that Neil would go first since 1) He hates touring, 2) He hates fans, 3) He purposely plays as simple and as boring as possible on albums to get the hell out of the studio as fast as possilbe, and 4) He hates the old material.

Also, if Neil had croaked first then I would have been the next in line (fingers crossed---no wait, scratch that; I can't cross my fingers since rigor is about to meet mortis any second).

QUOTE (John Rutsey @ May 13 2008, 08:05 PM)
I was actually hoping that Neil would go first since 1) He hates touring, 2) He hates fans, 3) He purposely plays as simple and as boring as possible on albums to get the hell out of the studio as fast as possilbe, and 4) He hates the old material.

Also, if Neil had croaked first then I would have been the next in line (fingers crossed---no wait, scratch that; I can't cross my fingers since rigor is about to meet mortis any second).

That was just f***ing lame man.

Come on. We KNOW who you are. unsure.gif

QUOTE (John Rutsey @ May 13 2008, 02:05 PM)

This is in very poor taste. You should be ashamed of your self, but I doubt you have the necessary dignity to realize it.

RIP Mr. Rutsey, my condolences to your family.

QUOTE (John Rutsey @ May 13 2008, 12:05 PM)

Jeez man, even trolls have more respect than this. wacko.gif

QUOTE (Turn Me On Dead Man @ May 13 2008, 08:27 PM)
If the boys attend, they should send Rutsey to peace with his drumsticks and a copy of Rush's debut album.

I dunno. Would Rutsey have appreciated that? His lack of involvement in the band shows his interests had moved on to other things.

Syd Barrett was not buried with any reminders of his past.