the Genesis thread

edgyspice

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Jun 12 2008, 04:54 PM)
QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jun 13 2008, 12:49 AM)
QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Jun 12 2008, 04:48 PM)
QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jun 13 2008, 12:40 AM)
QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Jun 12 2008, 04:38 PM)
The streets were deserted, though the police were alerted they considered the phone call a hoax...

cool.gif

hey RK did you listen to my clip of Magnum Opus in the Kansas thread?

No, what is it? If its the album version I have Leftoverture sitting at the bottom of a little pile of CDs on my desk right now. cool.gif

edgyspice - Robbery, Assault And Battery is a personal favourite from one of my favourite albums. Who can argue with a tracklisting like that? I love how Phil says "Bundles of fivers" on Seconds Out; "Bandles ov foyveres!" laugh.gif

its an edit from the album version starting from the prog or progressive part.

Ahhhh not this again! Especially not on my beloved Genesis thread! Seriously I'm not going to change my mind on the matter, I think Kansas are a Hard Rock band with Progressive Rock elements which is exactly how I feel about Deep Purple. Do you have Made In Japan? Go go with a spin. cool.gif

Now back to my lads...

Then you've never listened to Magnum Opus. Purple doesnt come close to being that prog. I still don't get your logic but i know when to stop beating a dead horse... and I prefer Made In Europe to Made In Japan.

but so you dont get too offended that posting in your beloved thread, I will mention that Seconds Out is awesome, their best live album by far.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jun 13 2008, 01:01 AM)
QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Jun 12 2008, 04:54 PM)
QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jun 13 2008, 12:49 AM)
QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Jun 12 2008, 04:48 PM)
QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jun 13 2008, 12:40 AM)
QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Jun 12 2008, 04:38 PM)
The streets were deserted, though the police were alerted they considered the phone call a hoax...

cool.gif

hey RK did you listen to my clip of Magnum Opus in the Kansas thread?

No, what is it? If its the album version I have Leftoverture sitting at the bottom of a little pile of CDs on my desk right now. cool.gif

edgyspice - Robbery, Assault And Battery is a personal favourite from one of my favourite albums. Who can argue with a tracklisting like that? I love how Phil says "Bundles of fivers" on Seconds Out; "Bandles ov foyveres!" laugh.gif

its an edit from the album version starting from the prog or progressive part.

Ahhhh not this again! Especially not on my beloved Genesis thread! Seriously I'm not going to change my mind on the matter, I think Kansas are a Hard Rock band with Progressive Rock elements which is exactly how I feel about Deep Purple. Do you have Made In Japan? Go go with a spin. cool.gif

Now back to my lads...

Then you've never listened to Magnum Opus. Purple doesnt come close to being that prog. I still don't get your logic but i know when to stop beating a dead horse... and I prefer Made In Europe to Made In Japan.

but so you dont get too offended that posting in your beloved thread, I will mention that Seconds Out is awesome, their best live album by far.

Okay let's save the Kansas/Deep Purple thing for now, I've heard Magnum Opus many times and really enjoy Leftoverture from start to finish but c'mon man Child In Time!!!! ohmy.gif

Anyway moving on, Seconds Out is in my opinion the greatest live album of all time. I do feel Three Sides Live is often underappreciated and its a shame that Peter Gabriel fronted Genesis never managed a truly great life release but we have what we have and I can name more than a couple of bootlegs that absolutely blow my mind.

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Jun 12 2008, 05:06 PM)

Anyway moving on, Seconds Out is in my opinion the greatest live album of all time. I do feel Three Sides Live is often underappreciated and its a shame that Peter Gabriel fronted Genesis never managed a truly great life release but we have what we have and I can name more than a couple of bootlegs that absolutely blow my mind.

I wanna know why my 3 sides live is actually 4 sides live. what gives? mine doesnt have the side of studio tracks like paper late etc...

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jun 13 2008, 01:08 AM)

I wanna know why my 3 sides live is actually 4 sides live. what gives? mine doesnt have the side of studio tracks like paper late etc...

That's the British cut which is much cooler because you get One For The Vine live. I have both the British and American versions on vinyl but the CD was issused as the British cut because of demand from American fans desperate to hear the likes of One For The Vine and Watcher Of The Skies live.

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Jun 12 2008, 05:18 PM)

That's the British cut which is much cooler because you get One For The Vine live. I have both the British and American versions on vinyl but the CD was issused as the British cut because of demand from American fans desperate to hear the likes of One For The Vine and Watcher Of The Skies live.

ok that's cool, but where do i get the studio stuff like Paper Late?

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jun 13 2008, 01:19 AM)
QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Jun 12 2008, 05:18 PM)

ok that's cool, but where do i get the studio stuff like Paper Late?

If you want CD versions you'll have to buy the Genesis Archive boxset 1976-1992. However that still doesn't feature Me & Virgil...

They're all on the 3X3 EP but that's only available on vinyl.

QUOTE (edgyspice @ Jun 13 2008, 01:38 AM)
I bought "Paperlate" as a single track off iTunes. I am impatient and cheap. biggrin.gif

I have the boxset, the Peter Gabriel one too.

The 3 X 3 and Spot The Pigeon EPs are really difficult to find on vinyl so I just burned by own versions from the boxset plus for the missing tracks some mp3s a friend sent me a while back, no idea where he got those from...

I have both EPs on vinyl but its much better to be able to play them on a CD player or in the car sometimes. cool.gif

QUOTE (edgyspice @ Jun 13 2008, 11:32 PM)
OHSHI I forget something I wanted to mention when I brought up Mike Rutherford. I really love his playing on "No Reply at All." Anyone know what kind of bass it is?

Mmm... Don't think it will have been his Shergold. I have the video on the Abacab SACD/DVD and as far as I remember you only see him play guitar on there.

QUOTE (The O' Sullivan Factor @ Jun 13 2008, 05:10 AM)
I don't think this should be a problem since both EPs are long out of print. This guy has vinyl-ripped copies for download of both 3 x 3 and Spot the Pigeon

http://rippedvinyl.blogspot.com/

his rip of 3x3 sounds pretty bad.

QUOTE (theworkingman @ Jun 13 2008, 08:17 PM)
I bought the live DVD a few days ago. Fantastic. Now I'm regretting not seeing them last year even more. sad.gif

Don't feel too bad...tickets were, I believe, upwards of five billion dollars apiece. I didn't go either.

QUOTE (edgyspice @ Jun 15 2008, 06:24 PM)
I'm watching the When in Rome DVD right now and it's F*CKING AWESOME!! 1022.gif

I got this on Wednesday, but got it while I was gone for the past week, so I will watch it tonight, now that I'm home.

From what I can tell, looks like the band went all-out. Packaging is out of this world!

Up untill last year the last time I saw Genesis was 81 (apart from 6 of the best at MK)....I didn't like the pop direction they were heading in even then....My bro talked me into going to see them last year at Manchester....Great,big,slick show but The music had no feeling and I can honestly say that I was bored for about 50% of the show despite being a lucky b*****d and getting front row seats.....

Here's a shot I took with my phone camera just to show how good the seats were..

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g21/leemillward/Genesis%207-7-7/img171.jpg

One of the best shows I'd ever seen. Money very well spent. Just a terrific show all around. If I hadn't seen Rush it would probably be the best show I'd ever seen.

Just had the chance to watch "When It Rome," these guys don't cheat us. Awesome DVD! Still have to watch "Come Rain or Shine" though.

QUOTE (AeroZach2112 @ Jun 16 2008, 04:53 PM)
One of the best shows I'd ever seen. Money very well spent. Just a terrific show all around. If I hadn't seen Rush it would probably be the best show I'd ever seen.

Just had the chance to watch "When It Rome," these guys don't cheat us. Awesome DVD! Still have to watch "Come Rain or Shine" though.

Come Rain Or Shine is awesome. cool.gif

QUOTE (Wartypig @ Jun 15 2008, 05:19 PM)
Up untill last year the last time I saw Genesis was 81 (apart from 6 of the best at MK)....I didn't like the pop direction they were heading in even then....My bro talked me into going to see them last year at Manchester....Great,big,slick show but The music had no feeling and I can honestly say that I was bored for about 50% of the show despite being a lucky b*****d and getting front row seats.....
Here's a shot I took with my phone camera just to show how good the seats were..

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g21/leemillward/Genesis%207-7-7/img171.jpg

I HATE YOU laugh.gif wink.gif

Archived