Alex Lifeson to sell Toronto home

WCFIELDS

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ifloveremains @ Apr 22 2008, 01:45 PM)
Today my mom was nice enough to drive me downtown, so we drove by the place! Sounds a bit stalkerish, but it's a nice looking house. You can't tell from the listing pictures, but there are a couple of deer in the front bay window, taxidermied I assume. Kinda weird but they were definitely there! laugh.gif

Wonder if those were the deer from "The Biggest Fans" video??

QUOTE (Cygnus The God Of Balance @ Apr 22 2008, 04:03 PM)
OK, I pulled up the mortgage calculator and at 8% for 30 years with no down payment, it's $41,301.28 a month.

There's 6,982 members of TRF. If we all paid $6/month, it's ours!!! And we'd live right down from Geddy.

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Thats a great idea! Im in favour!

Honestly, if I had all this money and some more to keep me living inside this house... I'd buy it biggrin.gif

It would be a great opportunity to meet Alex too, right? drool1.gif

But...

let's be realistic...

*no cash* not even to go from a town to another sad.gif

QUOTE (Cygnus The God Of Balance @ Apr 22 2008, 05:04 PM)
Today my mom was nice enough to drive me downtown, so we drove by the place! Sounds a bit stalkerish, but it's a nice looking house. You can't tell from the listing pictures, but there are a couple of deer in the front bay window, taxidermied I assume. Kinda weird but they were definitely there! laugh.gif

Wonder if those were the deer from "The Biggest Fans" video??

That's quite likely. yes.gif

Maybe Alex bought it from Ted Nugent.... tongue.gif

QUOTE (Fridge @ Apr 21 2008, 01:47 AM)
Sorry, but their taste is pretty awful.

I'm not boasting, but my house is almost the same size (though it didn't cost anywhere near that amount!) and is an early victorian former manse.

It looks like they have striven for a more period look but have got it completely wrong.

The hallway, bathroom and kittchen are ok at a stretch, but the lounge areas are unforgiveable.

I am a great fan of georgian and Victorian styles, but they are way off the beam here

It all just comes across as tasteless and chintzy I'm afraid

You're not boasting, but you have a house, sorry early Victorian manse the size of a rock star's mansion. And you're a better interior decorator. Okay. tongue.gif

QUOTE (That One Guy @ Sep 15 2011, 05:05 PM)
Lol, I was wondering why the links weren't working, i was interested in the story. 3 year old story.

Well, that and the age they gave.... 54? no.gif laugh.gif

I remember seeing this when it first came out. I don't remember seeing seeing a pic of the outside ofthe house but there were several the inside. Someone asked if it sold and the new owners have it up for sale and judging from the pic I saw a few uears ago I would say that is the case. The interior of the house is not the same as when it originally listed as AL house for sale.

QUOTE (PariahDog @ Sep 16 2011, 04:43 AM)
QUOTE (Fridge @ Apr 21 2008, 01:47 AM)
Sorry, but their taste is pretty awful.

I'm not boasting, but my house is almost the same size (though it didn't cost anywhere near that amount!) and is an early victorian former manse.

It looks like they have striven for a more period look but have got it completely wrong.

The hallway, bathroom and kittchen are ok at a stretch, but the lounge areas are unforgiveable.

I am a great fan of georgian and Victorian styles, but they are way off the beam here

It all just comes across as tasteless and chintzy I'm afraid

You're not boasting, but you have a house, sorry early Victorian manse the size of a rock star's mansion. And you're a better interior decorator. Okay. tongue.gif

I don't want to boast either but I've got a dozen houses ranging between 1-4 million bones each and they all look 10 times better than that old Lifeson joint. It does help that I hired THE best interior decorator in the northern hemisphere though. But, as I said, I don't want to boast. tongue.gif