01 - Best Song From "Rush"

RushRevisited

What is your favorite song from this album?  

1300 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite song from this album?

• Finding My Way
    • Need Some Love
    • Take A Friend
    • Here Again
    • What You're Doing
    • In The Mood
    • Before and After
    • Working Man

Hmmm. I voted back in October, but didn't post (at least at quick scroll I did not see one).

I'd bet money that I voted for Before and After. I love that song. If I had to pick a 2nd it would be Finding My Way. I would give ANYTHING for a clean strong audio of the R30 Overture. I go crazy over the instrumental segments they played.

QUOTE (paganoman @ Jan 5 2005, 08:42 AM)
Hmmm. I voted back in October, but didn't post (at least at quick scroll I did not see one).

I'd bet money that I voted for Before and After. I love that song. If I had to pick a 2nd it would be Finding My Way. I would give ANYTHING for a clean strong audio of the R30 Overture. I go crazy over the instrumental segments they played.

Before And After is awesome. One of their most underrated songs.

Im torn on this ,but i have to say lyrically i prefer finding my way, musically i prefer working man. Rush in their early rawist form. The developemental years of what would become Rush . At this point the music ,as we all know, was very Zeppelinisque. The Rush album showed flashes of brilliance musically, yet what Rush would become had yet to be established . When Peart entered the scene, Rush really took on a totally different dimension. Pearts versatality changed the entire bands approach. Rush was a group of young talented kids at this point .

What You're Doing, closely followed by Finding My Way and Working Man

I went Finding My Way, but not by much, as I like a lot of these songs.

I like the proclamation of "Look out I'm comin'". It's like Geddy was sayin to the mainstream crowd, "Yeah, that's right. The geeky faced, bit-backwards, screeching vocals, big-nosed, band of misfits is coming soon to a theater near you. Be afraid."

the first album is so much fun. i had to vote for need some love - they just sound so young and horny. tongue.gif