Gas prices are killing me !

Tick

I now travel 40 minutes one way to work, and a total of about 65 miles a day. Gas is $3.30 a gallon at this point and that amounts to about 37 bucks every time i fill my tank which is just about every 5 days. I cant stand the thought of not planning much in the way of day trips this summer because its just too expensive. I just wish i could see a silver lining somewhere in this economy cause its just rough out there. sad.gif

Im also curious what everyone here is paying for gas these days and how it effects the things you do and places you go ?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 8 2008, 10:33 AM)
I now travel 40 minutes one way to work, and a total of about 65 miles a day. Gas is $3.30 a gallon at this point and that amounts to about 37 bucks every time i fill my tank which is just about every 5 days. I cant stand the thought of not planning much in the way of day trips this summer because its just too expensive. I just wish i could see a silver lining somewhere in this economy cause its just rough out there. sad.gif
Im also curious what everyone here is paying for gas these days and how it effects the things you do and places you go ?

$83 to fill my wife's minivan the other day. sad.gif

It is incredible.

I pay about the same as you, a little more on some days (closer to $3.55).

Here is a web site though where you enter your zip code and a list pops up showing where the cheapest gas stations are in your area. It can be pretty helpful!

LOWEST GAS PRICES

local prices

Currently showing 108.1-113.9 for Regular. These are a range of local prices, but being in Canada, remember this is the price PER LITRE. There are 3.8 litres per gallon so multiply the price by 3.8. = 4.11- 4.33 per gallon.

Gas prices suck! They keep saying it's only going to get worse. sad.gif

QUOTE (Huck @ Apr 8 2008, 09:45 AM)
I'm not laughing at you it's just funny to see you Yanks complaining at paying half as much as we are.

I spend US $120 a week on fuel. Tha's no laughing matter.

Funny you should mention that. Time and again I've seen topics like this brought up and it becomes apparent to me that us as British citizens do not do enough bitching about this... lol.

We sort of just complain on BBC 606 and then go back to our homes and live with it lol.

7 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users):

Alsgalpal, nimagraven, JohnnyBlaze, The Owl, Huck, tick

I saw the last two names as Tuck and Hick. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Apr 8 2008, 02:50 PM)

I saw the last two names as Tuck and Hick. laugh.gif

laugh.gif Reminds me of Nip Tuck or Friar Tuck and Hick Rogers rofl3.gif

Mrs Hick ph34r.gif

QUOTE (Huck @ Apr 8 2008, 06:53 AM)
QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Apr 8 2008, 02:50 PM)

I saw the last two names as Tuck and Hick.  laugh.gif

laugh.gif Reminds me of Nip Tuck or Friar Tuck and Hick Rogers rofl3.gif

Mrs Hick ph34r.gif

z7shysterical.gif

I can't find a current source (the latest being in June of 07) but if you think interntionally prices range very much. My stats are not accurate, but it presents the general idea of international gas prices.

Low Gas

Venezula ~$0.30/gal

High Gas

China ~$7.50-$8/gal

these are in U.S Dollars per gallon

Haha, I know biggrin.gif. laugh.gif

I just like to prove a point over our public transport system, which absolutely sucks....

The government here will push you to use public transport, when the fees are ridiculously expensive to use it (And it's never on time).. Yet try to push you out of using your car.. Everytime they do that, the fees for public transport rise.. So the point is if you commute to work, you can't afford either, then you're stuffed.. Basically, one side pulls and the other one pushes at the same time.. Some people here are getting boxed into giving up their jobs (I know we'll be close to that soon if fuel keeps getting more expensive...)

If UK guys are getting to that point though, I know there is a site where you can organise online a car sharing pool. That would help split your fuel bill in half for a month!!

http://www.liftshare.org/uk/comstart.asp

Think this is it. I've never used it, and PLEASE be careful if you do use it, as you never know who that stranger is smile.gif.

$3.15 per gallon. Not too bad, considering.

When anything goes up, it kills me. I truly believe the fuel prices in the states here are the cause of our "recession" since people are putting away more money for gas. I know I am.

It hurts, knowing I used to fill my car for $20 just a few years ago, and now it's $30 and RISING. That hurts, no matter what country you're in.

It's not just the cost of driving yourself around, it's the cost of getting goods to the shops. Everything is affected by higher gas prices, right down to the price of groceries.