The Radiohead thread

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been listening to The King of Limbs over the last week and can now officially state that it is bloody marvelous.

That's all.

QUOTE (Ultra @ Feb 21 2011, 09:10 PM)
I like it, but I am wondering if they plan on releasing any of the other songs floating around like The Daily Mail, Skirting On The Surface, Open The Floodgates or Super Collider.

I just got an email with downloads for Supercollider and The Butcher. I wasn't all that impressed with the new album. So, I'm curious to hear these.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Apr 20 2011, 02:01 AM)
I like it, but I am wondering if they plan on releasing any of the other songs floating around like The Daily Mail, Skirting On The Surface, Open The Floodgates or Super Collider.

I just got an email with downloads for Supercollider and The Butcher. I wasn't all that impressed with the new album. So, I'm curious to hear these.

They're pretty similar to the other songs on the album.

Maybe more melodic...

QUOTE (Soni @ Apr 19 2011, 07:51 PM)

Maybe more melodic...

It's as though they're the same song but with different lyrics! Why am I feeling alone in not liking this album? It doesn't seem finished to me, like it's a wireframe or something.

I got an email saying "production was quicker than we had anticipated, so we are now sending your copy of The King of Limbs Newspaper Edition."

What was I listening to before on the WAV I downloaded? Production wasn't finished? If that's the case, it explains A LOT.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Apr 20 2011, 10:46 PM)

Maybe more melodic...

It's as though they're the same song but with different lyrics! Why am I feeling alone in not liking this album? It doesn't seem finished to me, like it's a wireframe or something.

Feels like Eraser pt II

I like the electronic Radiohead; Kid A and Amnesiac are my favorites, but TKoL lacks feel and textures...

Save for Codex.

QUOTE (Soni @ Apr 28 2011, 04:40 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Apr 20 2011, 10:46 PM)

Maybe more melodic...

Feels like Eraser pt II

I like the electronic Radiohead; Kid A and Amnesiac are my favorites, but TKoL lacks feel and textures...

Save for Codex.

Exactly. That's why I'm wondering about the final release that's in the mail. Is it beefed up? I hope so.

The King of Limbs is a pretty good record.

Not their best, imo, by any means.

I think Little by Little and Give Up the Ghost are forgettable.

My top 3 are Bloom, Feral (which is getting a lot of flack but I love it), and either Lotus Flower or Codex...can't decide.

I agree with what Soni said too in regards to preferring Radiohead's electronic side.

School's having some kind of testing for the lower grades, so I'm getting my In Rainbows on cool.gif

Radiohead's TV performance of The King Of Limbs is now available to buy on DVD and BluRay.

In case you didn't see it, the programme is a live studio performance of The King of Limbs. There are also performances of The Daily Mail and Staircase, which haven't been released yet. Supercollider has been added as a bonus track. Thanks to Steve Keros who took some nice pictures to go in the book.

Orders are being taken now for the DVD & BluRay for Christmas Delivery. If a digital version is all you require, it will be on iTunes from the 19th December. The DVD & BluRay will be in the shops, but probably not until the end of January.

bumper.gif

Finally listened to Amnesiac and Hail to the Thief over the last two days... long story short they're both great albums. I'm disappointed that it's taken me this long to listen to them, but glad that I gave both of them dedicated listens on headphones, it definitely paid off.

What does the Radiohead segment of MOTS think about these two albums?