Transatlantic

deadwing2112

One show in England? f**k it. I might do Holland.

That'll give Pete another chance to visit Madam's Palace in Amsterdam! Hatchet Pete is a legend with the girls there, they have a mural on the wall of him in his Maiden t-shirt and Marillion jester hat! :joker:

That'll give Pete another chance to visit Madam's Palace in Amsterdam! Hatchet Pete is a legend with the girls there, they have a mural on the wall of him in his Maiden t-shirt and Marillion jester hat! :joker:

Ha ha! I spent one weekend in Amsterdam, was very naughty, so naughty, by the time I got back to the hotel room and turned on the TV I thought Deep Impact was real and sat there, freaked out, wailing for humanity's future for 2 hours, whilst wiping imaginary blood off my wrists. And don't get me started on the trolls I "saw" under the bridges. It was a great weekend up until that particular pocket of time....

BACK ON TOPIC! Just checked the venue, I can access it on the Piccadilly, then Northern Lines, so I could get the red-eye from Shannon to Heathrow. So London IS ON! I'm spoilt because Manchester is so handy, and compared to London, as cheap as chips.

Edited by Hatchetaxe&saw

Ha ha! I spent one weekend in Amsterdam, was very naughty, so naughty, by the time I got back to the hotel room and turned on the TV I thought Deep Impact was real and sat there, freaked out, wailing for humanity's future for 2 hours, whilst wiping imaginary blood off my wrists. And don't get me started on the trolls I "saw" under the bridges. It was a great weekend up until that particular pocket of time....

BACK ON TOPIC! Just checked the venue, I can access it on the Piccadilly, then Northern Lines, so I could get the red-eye from Shannon to Heathrow. So London IS ON! I'm spoilt because Manchester is so handy, and compared to London, as cheap as chips.

:o :LOL: :smoke:

I know. I wish I was exaggerating. There's more, we were in the Banana club, shit got serious. But, it's a family forum.

Looking forward to the new album. The cover is great!

I don't think I'll be able to see them on the tour though, as the NYC show is on a Sunday. But I'm sure there will be a DVD of this, as there's at always least one live release from every Morse/Portnoy tour.

Yeah I'll have to rely on DVDs for live stuff. That's one thing I miss about living in New England. I could always make at least ONE concert of a band I like. The nearest Transatlantic show to here is Chicago, over 6 hours away on a week day. MAYBE if it were on a weekend....

Another thing that sucks is the fact that in the future, Rush among other classic bands will slow down and altogether cease touring. So I've been trying to get into more recent bands. Astra, Flower Kings, and Transatlantic are awesome (Spock's Beard sounds good, too, I just haven't listened to much), however, they do most of their touring in Europe! What does it take to tour the US?

Yeah I'll have to rely on DVDs for live stuff. That's one thing I miss about living in New England. I could always make at least ONE concert of a band I like. The nearest Transatlantic show to here is Chicago, over 6 hours away on a week day. MAYBE if it were on a weekend....

I'm in New England, but I'm in college and I don't have a car. So NYC on a Sunday night is practically impossible for me, unless my schedule's free on Mondays next semester. If it was a Saturday night show, I'd be able to go home to CT for the weekend and take the train into the city.

And it does suck how bands like Spock's Beard mostly only tour in Europe. Seems like prog bands are much more popular in Europe than they are in the US, but still, there's a lot of great bands that play and tour here.

I know. I wish I was exaggerating. There's more, we were in the Banana club, shit got serious. But, it's a family forum.

:o :o :o :LOL:

Look at Cold Fire swooping in like some kind of prog vulture to every new prog/prog metal thread. He sniffs out a prog thread like a hyena sniffs out a fresh kill! :LOL:

:LOL:

Based on the threads that I post in on this forum, you'd think I only listen to prog.

Aye! :guitar:

You're probably a secret Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus fan underneath the prog king exterior with giant foam finger at the ready! :joker: :clap:

Look at Cold Fire swooping in like some kind of prog vulture to every new prog/prog metal thread. He sniffs out a prog thread like a hyena sniffs out a fresh kill! :LOL:

Based on the threads that I post in on this forum, you'd think I only listen to prog.

You're probably a secret Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus fan underneath the prog king exterior with giant foam finger at the ready! :joker: :clap:

Shit, my secret's out.

Shit, my secret's out.

:LOL: :smoke: :givebeer:

:o :o :o :LOL:

Yeah, fifty euro to get in, and it covered all of your drinks and, erm, visual entertainment. That was the club owners first mistake. Irish men are thirsty creatures.

Okay, f**k what I said earlier. I just bought a ticket for the Chicago show. And I'm thinkin of even dropping the extra 50 bucks for the VIP thing from Radiant Records. It would be worth that much just to be able to meet Roine Stolt.