Transatlantic

deadwing2112

great band. get it

i am watching the live in europe dvd. they do a killer cover of shine on you crazy diamond and a nice beatle medley

I absolutely love Transatlantic and would kill for them to reunite. Portnoy has said, "the ball is in Neils court to do a reunion" i would absolutely be in music heaven if they ever deside to do it again.

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 4 2008, 03:16 PM)
I absolutely love Transatlantic and would kill for them to reunite. Portnoy has said, "the ball is in Neils court to do a reunion" i would absolutely be in music heaven if they ever deside to do it again.

that would be great but don't hold your breath, morse found god and that's all he write's about now. we can wish trink39.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 5 2008, 01:36 PM)

that would be great but don't hold your breath, morse found god and that's all he write's about now. we can wish trink39.gif

I don't see why he could do both.

Its not like transatlantic lyrics are about death and satan.

QUOTE (deadwing2112 @ Apr 5 2008, 01:41 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 5 2008, 01:36 PM)

I don't see why he could do both.

Its not like transatlantic lyrics are about death and satan.

i hear ya, portnoy said that's all n.m. want's to do. i respect him but that suck's

QUOTE (deadwing2112 @ Apr 5 2008, 10:34 PM)
QUOTE (fledgehog @ Apr 5 2008, 04:29 PM)
If there was really a God he would make Neal rejoin Spock's Beard so they could stop sucking.

You don't like any of the post neil albums? What do you think of their latest?

The self-titled? There were some good moments, but overall it wasn't really memorable at all. And for the record, the chorus of They Know We Know has to be the lamest thing to come from Spock's Beard.

QUOTE (fledgehog @ Apr 6 2008, 12:42 AM)
QUOTE (deadwing2112 @ Apr 5 2008, 10:34 PM)
QUOTE (fledgehog @ Apr 5 2008, 04:29 PM)
If there was really a God he would make Neal rejoin Spock's Beard so they could stop sucking.

You don't like any of the post neil albums? What do you think of their latest?

The self-titled? There were some good moments, but overall it wasn't really memorable at all. And for the record, the chorus of They Know We Know has to be the lamest thing to come from Spock's Beard.

Probably the weakest point on that album for me. Well along with Is This Love?

I wish these guys would tour the US. I'm very interested in seeing them live. I watched Duel with the Devil on youtube and was promptly blown away.

I was weary of even checking them out because I loathe anyone or anything associated with Dream Theater. However, I've really been digging Roine Stolt and the Flower Kings lately, which led me to Transatlantic.

Can anyone tell me how the Whirlwind album is? Worth checking out or no?

I wish these guys would tour the US. I'm very interested in seeing them live. I watched Duel with the Devil on youtube and was promptly blown away.

I was weary of even checking them out because I loathe anyone or anything associated with Dream Theater. However, I've really been digging Roine Stolt and the Flower Kings lately, which led me to Transatlantic.

It's great. Long, very long. But worth the effort!

It's great. Long, very long. But worth the effort!

Loved it !

From Portnoy's twitter feed.....

Mike Portnoy@MikePortnoy4h

Yep, Transatlantic dates for Feb/March 2014 are beginning to leak...full tour/album announcement in the coming days! http://highlineballroom.com/show/2014/02/09/transatlantic/

I hope they come around here somewhere ,we 're lucky when DT comes around (usually Columbus) . Looking foreward to seeing The Winery Dogs next month.

1380733_10152011661785439_816115559_n.jpg

Progressive-rock super-group Transatlantic, featuring Mike Portnoy, Neal Morse, Roine Stolt and Pete Trewavas will release their brand new fourth studio album ‘Kaleidoscope’ on the 27th January 2014. The track-listing for the forthcoming record is as follows:

1. INTO THE BLUE

2. SHINE

3. BLACK AS THE SKY

4. BEYOND THE SUN

5. KALEIDOSCOPE

The band will also embark on a 6-week World Tour that will see them joined once again by Pain of Salvation’s Daniel Gildenlöw as a 5th touring member.

An Evening With Transatlantic 2014 World Tour:

Jan 31st - Los Angeles, CA - El Segundo Performing Arts Center

Feb 1st - San Francisco, CA

Feb 2nd - Seattle, WA

Feb 4th - Chicago, IL - The Arcada Theater

Feb 5th - Quebec City, Canada - Theatre Du Capitole

Feb 6th - Montreal, Canada - L'Olympia

Feb 8th - Philadelphia, PA - Keswick Theater

Feb 9th - New York City, NY - Highline Ballroom

Feb 11th - Mexico City, Mexico - Teatro Metropolitan

Feb 13th - São Paulo, Brazil

Feb 14th - Buenos Aires, Argentina