Official Porcupine Tree Thread

Rush!

Sounds like something they would put on The Incident. This one according to their site has been sitting around since 2012 so that makes sense in terms of evolution.

Gavin is absolutely assaulting those drums.

more good news, since the incident is my favorite album by them

Sounds like something they would put on The Incident. This one according to their site has been sitting around since 2012 so that makes sense in terms of evolution.

I actually did not hear that. I heard a return to FoABP and Nil Recurring. The production and mix is thick. Also I clearly hear Luminol before it ever happened in that bass tone! I love the tune big time. Great groove, and such stellar production as expected. Gavin is a beast.

I do enjoy The Incident. A very dark and moody album. But not my top from them. I need to be in a certain mood on a long drive as it needs to be heard front to back to be experienced proper.

And continuation.

And yeah, GH is killing it!

Great track. That 5/4 groove Gavin is hammering out is killer. I don't know how much of the album is unused stuff from back in the day and how much is newly recorded material, but that track is the PT we all know.

Right, one thing I hope doesn't happen is they Tool it up and overcook all the ideas of the last 10 years into an album with limited success. I enjoyed Fear Inoculum but there was definitely a bit of excess baggage.

I never thought this would happen. The band has been inactive for a decade, and SW specifically said that he didn't want to go backwards. Or something like that.

Well....whadda' you know?

Happy day today. This and the new Riverside last week - it's a great time for this type of music.

PT is back!

• Like 2

I never thought this would happen. The band has been inactive for a decade, and SW specifically said that he didn't want to go backwards. Or something like that.

Happy day today. This and the new Riverside last week - it's a great time for this type of music.

PT is back!

Maybe it's because his last two solo albums didn't go so well, the last one in particular being unlistenable. He also was talking about how he wished he could be a pop star and that was just straight up delusional

• Like 3

PT is back!

Maybe it's because his last two solo albums didn't go so well, the last one in particular being unlistenable. He also was talking about how he wished he could be a pop star and that was just straight up delusional

I think he was being ironic when he said that at the time.

To The Bone is a fantastic album, Personal Shopper meh…

• Like 2

Wow, I think it is easily their weakest album of the Harrison era. Time Flies was an instant classic but the “side 2” tracks were probably better than most of The Incident set.

• Like 3

Great track. That 5/4 groove Gavin is hammering out is killer. I don't know how much of the album is unused stuff from back in the day and how much is newly recorded material, but that track is the PT we all know.

It’s also amazing how much Richard Barbieri contributes to the overall sound of any PT track…

• Like 1

PT is back!

I don't think so given all the other praise he was giving to contemporary pop stars at the time + he covered Taylor Swift.

Wow, I think it is easily their weakest album of the Harrison era. Time Flies was an instant classic but the “side 2” tracks were probably better than most of The Incident set.

It just has a lot of sentimental value to me is the main thing, musically i don't think it's better than the other Harrison albums

It’s also amazing how much Richard Barbieri contributes to the overall sound of any PT track…

The other guys have always called Barbieri the band's "secret weapon." Have to agree.

• Like 1

PT is back!

I don't think so given all the other praise he was giving to contemporary pop stars at the time + he covered Taylor Swift.

I love the Taylor swift cover!

I heard it before I heard the original. Not a Tay Tay fan but my daughter is. Great tune.

Except for voyage 34. I liked all the future bites sessions videos.

Me too but my brother loves it, so go figure?

I’m absolutely stoked for a new release and tour but this has to be a post-covid cash grab, don’t you think?

I had the same thought. Maybe The Future Bites wasn't the smashing success Steven thought it would be. Especially since COVID killed his arena tour. Plus it looks like they're just finishing off songs from older sessions rather than coming together to write something brand new.

Either way, I'll take it. The new song was great. It really made me realize how much I've missed this band.

• Like 2

I’m absolutely stoked for a new release and tour but this has to be a post-covid cash grab, don’t you think?

I had the same thought. Maybe The Future Bites wasn't the smashing success Steven thought it would be. Especially since COVID killed his arena tour. Plus it looks like they're just finishing off songs from older sessions rather than coming together to write something brand new.

Either way, I'll take it. The new song was great. It really made me realize how much I've missed this band.

It's easy to get caught up in whatever drama is surrounding this, especially since it appears Colin Edwin is out of the picture. I'm in the same vein, I'm just happy to get some new PT and have a chance to see them live if COVID can go away.

• Like 1

Another vote for "happy to get anything from PT". The song is strong, not an instant classic but as Mick said... serviceable.

I never handed $100 over so fast in my life. Note I did not opt for the To the Bone or Future Bites boxed sets, I'm not a completist just wanted the bluray for the 5.1 mix and figure PT is a band deserving of some extra financial support/encouragement.

• Like 1

Thought the opening was a Primus song. lol

This track is a fukking masterpiece. Gavin is a Mortal God. Speaking of Primus I've always been alternating my number 5 drummer all time with Tim Alexander and Gavin.

Jesus, even after seeing Tim nail all the drum parts on A Farewell To Kings, Gavin made my head spin after just one listen.

I've already ordered my vinyl box and my blu box on Burning Shed. CAN'T WAIT! 2022 ALBUM OF THE YEAR. I hope they come back to the USA.

• Like 1