Official Porcupine Tree Thread

Rush!

Still been really into these guys, rankings have adjusted slightly as my tastes have evolved.

Fear of a Blank Planet

In Absentia

Lightbulb Sun

Deadwing

Up The Downstair

The Incident

Signify

Stupid Dream

The Sky Moves Sideways

On The Sunday Of Life

I still spam the Anesthetize live album a lot and Arriving Somewhere's a wonderful counterpart to it since the setlist is so different and captures the rest of their metal era so well.

You have possibly the greatest avatar every used and Porcupine Tree was an awesome band. I wish I could have seen them many more times.

Still been really into these guys, rankings have adjusted slightly as my tastes have evolved.

Fear of a Blank Planet

In Absentia

Lightbulb Sun

Deadwing

Up The Downstair

The Incident

Signify

Stupid Dream

The Sky Moves Sideways

On The Sunday Of Life

I still spam the Anesthetize live album a lot and Arriving Somewhere's a wonderful counterpart to it since the setlist is so different and captures the rest of their metal era so well.

You have possibly the greatest avatar every used and Porcupine Tree was an awesome band. I wish I could have seen them many more times.

Same! Miss seeing PT.

"Blazing Saddles" RULES!

• Like 1

the audio for that clip - has been reversed and sped up 5x - most definitely Gavin's drums and Steven's voice!

Then I got a text from a friend, who has a friend... it is happening!

Also, back in May, in the UK a new company was registered: "Porcupine three" with Gavin, Steven and Richard (not Colin Edwin... it's not clear why.)

• Like 1

http://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/13381221/officers

"Porcupine 3 Limited"

probably registered when they were writing new music... back in May.

Steven was quoted somewhere that he was working on a more guitar oriented band as well....

There's ongoing rumors that Colin Edwin won't be involved and that it's just SW, Richard, and Gavin.

This photo was leaked

(can't get the forum to post it properly) Edited by The Analog Cub
  • Like 1

The teasers that PT have posted so far are reversed, slowed down soundbites. Someone reversed and sped it up and we get this: https://wetransfer.com/downloads/549be9f241c6a3026d6b204c9652e88b20211030131801/446fe6/preview/e0ce63388474f67189202197a06d899c20211030131806

Sounds like a bassline, I'll speculate that it's Nick Beggs based on the tone and the fact that he's been touring with SW for years

The teasers that PT have posted so far are reversed, slowed down soundbites. Someone reversed and sped it up and we get this: https://wetransfer.com/downloads/549be9f241c6a3026d6b204c9652e88b20211030131801/446fe6/preview/e0ce63388474f67189202197a06d899c20211030131806

Sounds like a bassline, I'll speculate that it's Nick Beggs based on the tone and the fact that he's been touring with SW for years

I just logged in to say perhaps nick beggs will be involved!

Maybe he will be treated as a touring member like John?? The guitarist and vocalist they used to tour with,?

The teasers that PT have posted so far are reversed, slowed down soundbites. Someone reversed and sped it up and we get this: https://wetransfer.c...c20211030131806

I just logged in to say perhaps nick beggs will be involved!

Maybe he will be treated as a touring member like John?? The guitarist and vocalist they used to tour with,?

Oh goddamn I hope if they tour again John Wesley comes back. He brought so much to everything. My Ashes and Way Out Of Here are better live with him doing some of the vocal parts that SW just isn't too good at.

Edited by The Analog Cub
  • Like 2

CLOSURE / CONTINUATION

Porcupine Tree are proud to finally present an album 12 years in the making – CLOSURE / CONTINUATION. Today we share the first single Harridan, available now across all streaming services.

We are also very pleased to share news of our return to live stages in the UK and Europe in October/November 2022.

Get exclusive pre-sale access for tour tickets by pre-ordering the album, or registering via the official Porcupine Tree store. Tour dates in the Americas and Canada will be announced early next year, stay tuned!

http://image.emails.sonymusicfans.com/lib/fe8e12737c62047574/m/8/9c9ba711-5945-4e41-b790-3867c8ab8915.jpg

• Like 5

listened to it, like it. not going to listen to it again for.. 8 months, seeing as that's when the full album will finally drop, lol.

i'll be honest, i never expected them to reunite so i'm happy about this.

i did notice the bass was unusually strong in the song and thought to myself, "colin's playing really has changed over the decade" -- but judging by that promo photo they have someone else on bass. who?

• Like 1

The song is outstanding. So happy they are back.

Already pre-ordered both the limited edition 3LP box and 3 CD/BD box.

No doubt we will see them on their North America Tour.....no doubt.

• Like 1

Sounds like something they would put on The Incident. This one according to their site has been sitting around since 2012 so that makes sense in terms of evolution.

Gavin is absolutely assaulting those drums.

• Like 1