Official Porcupine Tree Thread

Rush!

Excellent review Presto-Digi...

I appreciate the time you took to write that all out in the midst of your busy day.

It makes waiting for my turn to see them a little tougher now! laugh.gif

QUOTE (rummut71 @ May 1 2010, 08:05 AM)
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4045/4567512900_ec05305dc4_b.jpg

Chicago seems to be the spot...7 HD cameras documented 'The Incident' last night much to our happiness along the rail. smile.gif

Nice! trink38.gif

I got home late late, and just got home now... I will report in full soon enough...

Here's the kind of review you can expect when I am done... I am one of those icky CP people, so my homebase lies there...

Florida PT show reviews

Two parter, starts at #4988... Look for the jamming kitteh! I will fill in on the home show tonight...smile.gif

QUOTE (rummut71 @ May 2 2010, 09:05 AM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ May 1 2010, 09:11 AM)
That's cool! But, how was the show? How 'bout a reveiw?

Blam...

Chicago show review by this kid at the home board:

PT at Riv in Chicago - 4/30/10

Post #5023

Filmed for awesomeness! smile.gif

Awesome review! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

It sounds like at the Dallas show we were standing where you guys were there. Wilson came over and played within touching distance. It was insane!!!! Chicago must be a big PT town, from the sound of it. Add Chitown to my list of destinations when they tour again.

QUOTE (nappy2112 @ May 2 2010, 01:18 AM)
PT rocked Cincinnati !

that is all.

Yep - Great show!

Only complaint was it could have been louder. We were behind the bar rail on the lower level and agreed it needed more volume.

PT put on a great show Sunday in Detroit. Stephen was baffled at the lameness of the crowd though (as was I). It seemed to me that 95% of the crowd were first timers at the show and for the music. He said something about "demographics". Certainly Detroit was weak compared to the Chicago stories. Whomever decided to put seats down in the normally General Admission area put a major damper on the crowd. Everybody was sitting on their butts from my vantage point. I rocked as hard as I could from the section above main floor then did mainfloor for the encores. No way to bust to the front area. I wish I would have made it inside earlier to see Big Elf. The lead guy and other band dude was hanging out in the lobby after PT finished and was signing CD's and chilling with fans, pretty cool. I was trying to unload an extra sweet ticket and as usual, ate it and gave it away to a random fan. I did luck out after the show as I walked to the front of the stage and I asked a roadie for a pick, and he gave me a greyish/green pick out of a little cup attached to a mic stand that Stephen used. The pick was certainly used and abused with all the heavy riffing. Geekville 2.gif

QUOTE (vprtrls @ May 4 2010, 01:00 PM)
PT put on a great show Sunday in Detroit. Stephen was baffled at the lameness of the crowd though (as was I). It seemed to me that 95% of the crowd were first timers at the show and for the music. He said something about "demographics". Certainly Detroit was weak compared to the Chicago stories. Whomever decided to put seats down in the normally General Admission area put a major damper on the crowd. Everybody was sitting on their butts from my vantage point. I rocked as hard as I could from the section above main floor then did mainfloor for the encores. No way to bust to the front area. I wish I would have made it inside earlier to see Big Elf. The lead guy and other band dude was hanging out in the lobby after PT finished and was signing CD's and chilling with fans, pretty cool. I was trying to unload an extra sweet ticket and as usual, ate it and gave it away to a random fan. I did luck out after the show as I walked to the front of the stage and I asked a roadie for a pick, and he gave me a greyish/green pick out of a little cup attached to a mic stand that Stephen used. The pick was certainly used and abused with all the heavy riffing. Geekville 2.gif

You got a pick? Sweet! I wish I had thought of that. Too bad about the crowd.

QUOTE (vprtrls @ May 4 2010, 01:00 PM)

Charlotte's crowd was GREAT. You could tell the boys were impressed.

Sorry to hear Detroit's audience was a downer. Wilson actually had to tell us to cheer down some on the quieter songs. tongue.gif

QUOTE (tripdad @ May 4 2010, 11:48 AM)
PT rocked Cincinnati !

that is all.

Yep - Great show!

Only complaint was it could have been louder. We were behind the bar rail on the lower level and agreed it needed more volume.

What did you think about the guy that was attending his 38th show on the tour ?

Steven told him you're wasting your time , we're not going to play anything you haven't heard so far. laugh.gif

By the way I thought they weren't very loud the last time they played there either.

QUOTE (nappy2112 @ May 4 2010, 05:14 PM)
QUOTE (tripdad @ May 4 2010, 11:48 AM)
PT rocked Cincinnati !

that is all.

Yep - Great show!

What did you think about the guy that was attending his 38th show on the tour ?

Steven told him you're wasting your time , we're not going to play anything you haven't heard so far. laugh.gif

By the way I thought they weren't very loud the last time they played there either.

That is for total PT shows seen, not for this tour... There have not even been 38 North American dates for 'The Incident' tour... Steven and Mike have just been going to see PT for a long time. wink.gif

QUOTE (vprtrls @ May 4 2010, 02:00 PM)

Yeah, Steven was saying at the Buffalo show how the Detroit crowd was a bunch of zombies wearing King Crimson t-shirts. laugh.gif

Love PT...saw them down here in Miami at the Filmore....fantastic show.

Other than Rush...hands down the best band in the world....and I would put Muse 3rd on that list.

Amazing they have not caught fire in the states. I have gotten 8 people into them hard core...trying my best to spread the disease.

FOABP and Nil recurring are my absolute favorites...but I also love The Incident, Deadwing, Lightbulb Sun and In-Absentia. Stupid Dream is good and Signify is also good. I really have not delved farther back than that although I do have Stars Die....their earlier stuff is much more atherial (sp?).

Edited by Todem

QUOTE (Todem @ May 5 2010, 02:30 PM)
Love PT...saw them down here in Miami at the Filmore....fantastic show.

Other than Rush...hands down the best band in the world....and I would put Muse 3rd on that list.

Amazing they have not caught fire in the states. I have gotten 8 people into them hard core...trying my best to spread the disease.

FOABP and Nil recurring are my absolute favorites...but I also love The Incident, Deadwing, Lightbulb Sun and In-Absentia. Stupid Dream is good and Signify is also good. I really have not delved farther back than that although I do have Stars Die....their earlier stuff is much more atherial (sp?).

Cool! I've been listening to Nil Recurring a lot lately. Some of their best work, imo. The accoustic version of Normal from We Lost the Skyline is AWESOME!!!! They also played it in Dallas a few weeks ago. Killer.

I just splurged and bought:

Anesthetize - DVD preordered

FOBP - DVDA surround mix

Nil Recurring - CD

Signify - CD

Lightbulb Sun - CD

Arriving Somewhere - DVD

I think I'm hooked....

ohmy.gif

QUOTE (Natch @ May 7 2010, 07:50 AM)

FOBP - DVDA surround mix
Nil Recurring - CD
Signify - CD
Lightbulb Sun - CD
Arriving Somewhere - DVD

I think I'm hooked....

ohmy.gif

laugh.gif Nice, enjoy smile.gif

QUOTE (Steevo @ May 6 2010, 02:58 PM)

FOBP - DVDA surround mix
Nil Recurring - CD
Signify - CD
Lightbulb Sun - CD
Arriving Somewhere - DVD

I think I'm hooked....

ohmy.gif

cool.gif

I predict Natch will be all over this thread on Monday. laugh.gif

Just wait until you check out that DVD. 1022.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ May 6 2010, 03:09 PM)

FOBP - DVDA surround mix
Nil Recurring - CD
Signify - CD
Lightbulb Sun - CD
Arriving Somewhere - DVD

I think I'm hooked....

ohmy.gif

cool.gif

I predict Natch will be all over this thread on Monday. laugh.gif

Just wait until you check out that DVD. 1022.gif

Well, I ordered everything online, so I have to wait for it to be delivered. sad.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ May 7 2010, 08:09 AM)

FOBP - DVDA surround mix
Nil Recurring - CD
Signify - CD
Lightbulb Sun - CD
Arriving Somewhere - DVD

I think I'm hooked....

ohmy.gif