Official Porcupine Tree Thread

Rush!

QUOTE (Choose/the/light @ Jun 20 2008, 07:33 PM)
QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Jun 20 2008, 05:24 PM)
The Sky Moves Sideways is my favourite too, excluding live albums (Coma Divine > All), often compard to Wish You Were Here which is never a bad thing.

yea, I should get Coma Divine next, i heard it was amazing

Better still, pick up Warszawa.

QUOTE (Did Lee Squat? @ Jun 20 2008, 05:51 PM)
Well something neat happened today: I showed my friend some PT videos on Youtube and she liked them a lot! I was a bit surprised because our musical tastes are quite different (I played Pinball Wizard for her one time and she couldn't tell me who it was doh.gif ). I need to keep trying this, because PT is just that awesome. yes.gif

Unfortunately, the first thing she asked me to do was "bittorrent" the albums I have, whatever the hell that means. I was like, "Oh come on, just buy the albums". banghead.gif One of my few pet peeves. comp26.gif

See the Pirating thread

Here's the PT song the unfamilar need to check out. It's my favorite song of theirs prior to the Stupid Dream album:

CLOUD ZERO

Really great jazzy instrumental with some fine playing by Steven Wilson...(I presume it's him anyhow, unless there's a guest playing). Anyhow, check out this lovely tune.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 21 2008, 01:33 PM)
Here's the PT song the unfamilar need to check out. It's my favorite song of theirs prior to the Stupid Dream album:

CLOUD ZERO

Really great jazzy instrumental with some fine playing by Steven Wilson...(I presume it's him anyhow, unless there's a guest playing). Anyhow, check out this lovely tune.

"Cloud Zero" is a great underrated PT instrumental! I also love "The Joke's on You" which is also off Staircase Infinities.

QUOTE (nic2112nic @ Jun 21 2008, 02:34 PM)
What would be a another good PT album to check out, considering I LOVE FOABP?

Deadwing and In Absentia are stylistically the most similar to that one. In terms of lyrical subject matter, Signify and Stupid Dream are closer.

QUOTE (Kudzu @ Jun 21 2008, 10:08 PM)

Deadwing and In Absentia are stylistically the most similar to that one. In terms of lyrical subject matter, Signify and Stupid Dream are closer.

I think I might try In Absentia next smile.gif

QUOTE (nic2112nic @ Jun 21 2008, 03:19 PM)

Good choice. trink39.gif

PT I'm still lacking

Metanoia

Coma Devine

Rockplast (though I do have a audio rip of "Arriving Somewhere" the DVD, a setlist (including bonus material) I prefer

And I am really enjoying "We Lost the Skyline" a great recording.

QUOTE (Choose/the/light @ Jun 21 2008, 03:29 PM)
QUOTE (Did Lee Squat? @ Jun 20 2008, 05:51 PM)
Well something neat happened today:  I showed my friend some PT videos on Youtube and she liked them a lot!  I was a bit surprised because our musical tastes are quite different (I played Pinball Wizard for her one time and she couldn't tell me who it was  doh.gif ).  I need to keep trying this, because PT is just that awesome. yes.gif 

Unfortunately, the first thing she asked me to do was "bittorrent" the albums I have, whatever the hell that means.  I was like, "Oh come on, just buy the albums".  banghead.gif  One of my few pet peeves.  comp26.gif

See the Pirating thread

unsure.gif

Uh oh...

QUOTE (Kudzu @ Jun 21 2008, 06:23 PM)
QUOTE (nic2112nic @ Jun 21 2008, 03:19 PM)

Good choice. trink39.gif

Oh absolutely. It is my favorite of PT. Deadwing comes second.

QUOTE (tangy @ Jun 22 2008, 10:58 AM)
Just scored Lightbulb Sun. i was suprised to see a copy at best buy and I snagged it immediately.

Time for a listen.......... cool10.gif

You'll soooo dig it. Sorry I haven't dropped by STILL. Company leaves tomorrow. tongue.gif Got some other goodies for ya.

QUOTE (Choose/the/light @ Jun 21 2008, 04:26 PM)
I can't stop listening to The Sky Moves Sideways, its just so different from anything I've ever heard. This is the happiest i've been about newly acquired album since S&A

If you haven't already, get Up the Downstair. "Burning Sky" might make you cry. laugh.gif

Seriously, though, if you like The Sky Moves Sideways, you'll like that one.

Edited by Kudzu

QUOTE (Kudzu @ Jun 22 2008, 04:13 PM)
QUOTE (Choose/the/light @ Jun 21 2008, 04:26 PM)
I can't stop listening to The Sky Moves Sideways, its just so different from anything I've ever heard. This is the happiest i've been about newly acquired album since S&A

If you haven't already, get Up the Downstair. "Burning Sky" might make you cry. laugh.gif

Seriously, though, if you like The Sky Moves Sideways, you'll like that one.

Yes. It's a better CD.

QUOTE (deadwing2112 @ Jun 22 2008, 10:15 PM)
I picked up Nil Recurring yesterday. I was surprised to see it at best buy.

I hardly see PT at Best Buy. The "chain record store" that usually carries a good selection of PT is FYE.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 22 2008, 02:47 PM)
QUOTE (tangy @ Jun 22 2008, 10:58 AM)
Just scored Lightbulb Sun. i was suprised to see a copy at best buy and I  snagged it immediately.

Time for a listen.......... cool10.gif

You'll soooo dig it. Sorry I haven't dropped by STILL. Company leaves tomorrow. tongue.gif Got some other goodies for ya.

Yeah, I have listened to it about 4 times and its starting to click now.

1022.gif