Favourite music based films???

madra sneachta

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Sep 7 2004, 05:40 PM)
If we're going to get into soundtracks, then I gotta speak up for 'O Brother, Where Art Thou?'. Great stuff!

Agree with that one!

Also, 'That Thing You Do', has some great music in it.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one of the best is spinal tap,of coarse. i did also like the doors,and rock star was good,"stand up and shout!!" biggrin.gif there are many others im sure. Edited by tick

good morning vietnam........its got some classics..........& some not so classics......but a good enough mix

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Dec 5 2005, 05:51 PM)
There are two I'm surprised haven't had a mention yet:

The Commitments (one of the funniest films I've ever seen with a great soundtrack)

I was just scrolling through this whole thread looking for a "Commitments" mention. biggrin.gif

Although not specifically a 'music based film', I think that SINGLES was really well done. The use of tunes in the scenes themselves in addition to them being used in transitions was smart. What can I say? Cameron Crowe! Furthermore, how can one go wrong with live footage of Alice in Chains and Soundgarden?

Queen's film score to Flash Gordon was amazing. Continue on soundtracks how about the film scores to More and La Vallee which Pink Floyd did and were the albums Soundtrack From the Film More and Obscured by Clouds respectively. Odd seeing French movies with an English singing film score.

The Song Remains The Same

Pink Floyd Live at Pompeii: The Director's Cut

The School Of Rock

The Blues Brothers

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Dec 8 2005, 08:31 AM)
Although not specifically a 'music based film', I think that SINGLES was really well done. The use of tunes in the scenes themselves in addition to them being used in transitions was smart. What can I say? Cameron Crowe! Furthermore, how can one go wrong with live footage of Alice in Chains and Soundgarden?

Cameron Crowe is a god when it comes to picking music for movies!

You go through these threads and just when you think you've got one that hasn't been thought of, it's in the next post!

I think these have been neglected: The Monterrey Pop Festival, and Monty Python Live at City Center.

Oh come on; it's got "The Lumberjack Song" and "Spam!" Oh, and maybe "The Philosophers Song" as well. Too bad it was before "Always look on the bright side of life" and "Every sperm is sacred." laugh.gif