I Hate Family Guy.

Sticklah

Before passing judgement on Family Guy, I strongly urge you to watch Blue Harvest. If you're still not convinced, then so be it.

"I made the Kessel Run in 12 parsecs."

"Isn't a parsec a unit of distance, not time?"

"Shut up."

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ALifeson85 @ Mar 25 2008, 11:08 AM)
QUOTE (Sticklah @ Mar 25 2008, 11:05 AM)
I know a lot of you are going to kill me for this but I really do hate family guy.

The jokes half the time fall flat or are dragged out so long they loose what likke funnyness they had to begin with. And the whole "let's stretch something out so long its funny joke is just annoying. Now I'll admit seasons One/Two were watchable but past that the repetitive nature and recycling of jokes just made me want to die. I walk out of the room if someone is watching it now.

You just made yourself an enemy! angry.gif

LOL, just kidding tongue.gif I LOVE Family Guy, but everyone has the right to their own opinion yes.gif

trink39.gif make that 2

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Mar 25 2008, 01:08 PM)
I don't see why it's animated. Where as The Simpsons, Family Guy and Futurama all take advantage of being cartoons King Of The Hill plods along going nowhere special and certainly nowhere funny.

I'm fairly certain they do it like on purpose. Not saying I enjoy the show much, but yeah. I've found it amusing a few times, but I'm pretty sure you're not going to get the full effect unless you live in, but for the most part dislike, the Southern section of the States. Like I do laugh.gif

Edited by Mustard Death

QUOTE (Magnus @ Mar 25 2008, 02:00 PM)
Before passing judgement on Family Guy, I strongly urge you to watch Blue Harvest. If you're still not convinced, then so be it.

"I made the Kessel Run in 12 parsecs."

"Isn't a parsec a unit of distance, not time?"

"Shut up."

I had never seen that until I recently bought it on DVD.

Sheer hilarity!

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the horrifically unfunny steaming pile that is 'American Dad'. To call the show unwatchable would be a huge compliment.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Mar 25 2008, 02:13 PM)
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the horrifically unfunny steaming pile that is 'American Dad'. To call the show unwatchable would be a huge compliment.

I have seen it only a few times - a couple episodes I thought were very funny and of course terribly similar to the writing style of Family Guy.

Subsequent viewings though it quickly started to feel like the same episode over and over again... almost computer generated attempts at humor.

I feel the same way about Futurama - at first I really liked it at first but got stale and repetitive very fast.

Well, when I didn't mention it, I was trying to save people from even having to read anything about it, which could potentially lead to them viewing it. Which would certainly lead to spooning their eyes out and pulling a double Van Gogh.

Thanks for the contamination tongue.gif

Oh yeah. I find 'King of the Hill' to be hit-and-miss at best. Sometimes it's funny but most of the time it's not. I think Judge started the show intending to put Hank Hill in as many uncomfortable situations as possible but that just got old fast. Now he's tried to flesh it out a bit and focus more on the other characters. The trouble is that they're so one-dimensional it doesn't usually work.

'Futurama' is comedy gold and needs to come back to TV.

I like American Dad. I think it's quite a different type of humour from that on Family Guy but I do enjoy it. I've never laughed as hard at it as I have at Family Guy but its pretty cool. The fact its from the same guys who made Family Guy would be a pretty obvious hint it wouldn't be quite the same quality but then again;

Futurama > The Simpsons

Or maybe that's just because I'm tired of The Simpsons and have seen each episode waaaaay too much.

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Mar 25 2008, 02:17 PM)

Well, when I didn't mention it, I was trying to save people from even having to read anything about it, which could potentially lead to them viewing it. Which would certainly lead to spooning their eyes out and pulling a double Van Gogh.

Thanks for the contamination tongue.gif

I'd rather watch the worst episode of American Dad 5 times in a row that sit through 5 minutes of King of the Hill - I swear that show actually gives me diarrhea its so bad.

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Mar 25 2008, 02:18 PM)
I like American Dad. I think it's quite a different type of humour from that on Family Guy but I do enjoy it. I've never laughed as hard at it as I have at Family Guy but its pretty cool. The fact its from the same guys who made Family Guy would be a pretty obvious hint it wouldn't be quite the same quality but then again;

Futurama > The Simpsons

Or maybe that's just because I'm tired of The Simpsons and have seen each episode waaaaay too much.

In my case it's because I think 'The Simpsons' jumped the shark about 6 years ago.

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Mar 25 2008, 12:32 PM)
Early seasons of The Simpsons were good..............I can't watch Futurama or King of the Hill cuz I don't find either funny...............and if Family Guy is on, and I'm not busy...........I'll watch it...........

Futurama is the king of animated shows, in my opinion. I love it more than old episodes of The Simpsons. I don't think King of the Hill is that funny on it's own, but I seriously know a person like each character on that show. It ends up making me laugh for that reason. South Park has been consistently good ever since it's been on, but it's been a bit heavy on the topical side for a while now. It's still hilarious though so I can't complain.

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Mar 25 2008, 12:24 PM)

Question to those folks who dont like Family Guy: what shows do you find funny.

Not really any cartoon shows. I find King of the Hill funny because I know some bonafide country folk wink.gif

Non-cartoon wise, I like the Daily Show/Colber Report pairing. I don't have time for sitcoms, the ones that really are left on TV.

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Mar 25 2008, 12:57 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Mar 25 2008, 04:42 PM)
QUOTE (Sticklah @ Mar 25 2008, 12:05 PM)
I know a lot of you are going to kill me for this but I really do hate family guy.

The jokes half the time fall flat or are dragged out so long they loose what likke funnyness they had to begin with. And the whole "let's stretch something out so long its funny joke is just annoying. Now I'll admit seasons One/Two were watchable but past that the repetitive nature and recycling of jokes just made me want to die. I walk out of the room if someone is watching it now.

Dude, I agree with you 100%! I don't think Family Guy is funny...at all.

It's unoriginal, plagiaristic, derivative, repetitive and flatout unfunny.

One question;

Do you or do you not have a Steve Martin signature?

That dude might as well have dropped his trousers and just took a massive shit on Pete Sellers grave.

Okay...

I'm assuming this is regarding the atrocious and insulting "Pink Panther" reboot, if so, I am in complete agreement with you! yes.gif

Steve Martin's "Pink Panther" is unoriginal, plagiaristic, derivative, repetitive and flatout unfunny.

Edited by ReRushed

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Mar 25 2008, 01:23 PM)
QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Mar 25 2008, 12:32 PM)
Early seasons of The Simpsons were good..............I can't watch Futurama or King of the Hill cuz I don't find either funny...............and if Family Guy is on, and I'm not busy...........I'll watch it...........

Futurama is the king of animated shows, in my opinion. I love it more than old episodes of The Simpsons. I don't think King of the Hill is that funny on it's own, but I seriously know a person like each character on that show. It ends up making me laugh for that reason. South Park has been consistently good ever since it's been on, but it's been a bit heavy on the topical side for a while now. It's still hilarious though so I can't complain.

I haven't really given Futurama much of a chance to be honest........I just don't have much time or really like Cartoon-type series.............but I don't mind Family Guy once in awhile...........

Family Guy I can watch once in a while, the only really funny parts are the "flashbacks" that end up lasting a couple minutes, and those are just funny in a "WTF? That was so random" kind of way.

To me, watching South Park is like listening to Eminem: Half the time it's brilliant, hilarious, socially relevant, and just extremely well-executed, and the other half the time it's just a bunch of fart jokes that I didn't even think were funny in 7th grade.

King of the Hill has absolutely zero redeeming qualities. It is the most annoying, grating cartoon show I have ever seen.

Never seen a single episode of American Dad, it just looked like a Family Guy knockoff to me, and Family Guy itself is a blatant Simpsons knockoff.

Nothing ever has or ever will touch the Simpsons, of course. Even the new episodes are pretty good for the most part.

Family Guy is great if you want a half-hour of complete stupidity. Which is funny mind you, but, yes it is getting very repetitive as the show goes on. Now a show that is hilarious is South Park. But, like most shows, is starting to get less funny now that they have tons of seasons.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Mar 25 2008, 07:46 PM)
QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Mar 25 2008, 12:57 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Mar 25 2008, 04:42 PM)
QUOTE (Sticklah @ Mar 25 2008, 12:05 PM)

Dude, I agree with you 100%! I don't think Family Guy is funny...at all.

It's unoriginal, plagiaristic, derivative, repetitive and flatout unfunny.

One question;

Do you or do you not have a Steve Martin signature?

That dude might as well have dropped his trousers and just took a massive shit on Pete Sellers grave.

Okay...

I'm assuming this is regarding the atrocious and insulting "Pink Panther" reboot, if so, I am in complete agreement with you! yes.gif

Steve Martin's "Pink Panther" is unoriginal, plagiaristic, derivative, repetitive and flatout unfunny.

Yeah, that wasn't meant as a personal attack on you or whatever. It's just as a kid my Dad loved those films and I was brought up watching them because of that so when a new one was announced I knew it wouldn't touch the originals but thought it would be worth seeing... I mean it had to be somewhat similar right?

062802puke_prv.gif

Edited by TheRocinanteKid

Absolutely love Futurama, and Family Guy...

Also like American Dad, South Park, Simpsons, King of the Hill...

I currently watch more cartoon shows that anything right now! laugh.gif

I think it is absolutely amazing what some of these shows get away with... ohmy.gif definitely not for kids! I will let my 6 year old watch The Simpsons, King Of The Hill, and Futurama (probably the most risque of the three), but the others (South Park, Family Guy, American Dad) - no way!

Edited by rushbass

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Mar 25 2008, 10:30 AM)
The more wacky, out on a limb and crass you try to be with humor - the more likely you are to either hit one out of the park or fall flat on your face.

Family Guy, Ren & Stimpy, Drawn Together, Metalocalypse, Wondershowzen are my favorite comedy series of all time but they will all occasionally fall flat on their faces.

And if you aren't into crass humor that toes the line of what they can and cannot get away with both socially and from a censorship perspective than none of those shows will amuse you much, but for myself they are all wickedly awesome, Family Guy included.

I agree completely. I like Family Guy but my only complaint is that sometimes the bits carry on far too long. Example, Peter trips on the sidewalk, grabs his leg and for like 10 minutes we see him sitting, holding his leg, going, "Ssssssshhhh, owwwww, sssssshhhhhh, owwwwww." Overall though, I love it. I'll watch it if it's on.

Old Ren & Stimpy is phenomenally hilarious. Oh how I wish there was a DVD. Does one exist now somewhere?

Metalocalypse I always skipped over because I didn't think I'd like it and then one day I caught a few seconds and managed to see the big scary long black hair lead singer dude calling the skinny red haired dude, "Pickles" and I couldn't stop watching. He had me at, "Pickles."

I'm also a huge fan of Venture Brothers and the first few episodes of Home Movies. The ones with Paula Poundstone.

I like Family Guy, but there are funnier shows. It shows you that a cartoon can still be dumb.

My faviorate will always be South Park, with Futurama a close second.

Though I think you can take the good episodes out of the last 9 seasons of the Simpsons and could have had 3 solid seasons, but these last 9 years of The Simpsons have had at least 6 seasons worth of crap.

QUOTE (Janie @ Mar 25 2008, 05:37 PM)
QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Mar 25 2008, 10:30 AM)
The more wacky, out on a limb and crass you try to be with humor - the more likely you are to either hit one out of the park or fall flat on your face.

Family Guy, Ren & Stimpy, Drawn Together, Metalocalypse, Wondershowzen are my favorite comedy series of all time but they will all occasionally fall flat on their faces.

And if you aren't into crass humor that toes the line of what they can and cannot get away with both socially and from a censorship perspective than none of those shows will amuse you much, but for myself they are all wickedly awesome, Family Guy included.

I agree completely. I like Family Guy but my only complaint is that sometimes the bits carry on far too long. Example, Peter trips on the sidewalk, grabs his leg and for like 10 minutes we see him sitting, holding his leg, going, "Ssssssshhhh, owwwww, sssssshhhhhh, owwwwww." Overall though, I love it. I'll watch it if it's on.

Old Ren & Stimpy is phenomenally hilarious. Oh how I wish there was a DVD. Does one exist now somewhere?

Metalocalypse I always skipped over because I didn't think I'd like it and then one day I caught a few seconds and managed to see the big scary long black hair lead singer dude calling the skinny red haired dude, "Pickles" and I couldn't stop watching. He had me at, "Pickles."

I'm also a huge fan of Venture Brothers and the first few episodes of Home Movies. The ones with Paula Poundstone.

Yes, it's been out for a while now. Here's what I got from ask.com: click.

It looks like it's available pretty much everywhere. I think I've even seen it at Wal-Mart.

I'm also a huge fan of Venture Brothers

YES! Brock Samson is the man!

Brock: You could've told me Sasquatch was a....(shudder)...dude.

Col. Steve Sommers, Astronaut: Hey, what are ya, shy? It's not like he's got anything you've never seen before.

Brock: SASQUATCH IS SOMETHIN' I'VE NEVER SEEN BEFORE!

Henchman 21: Here is where you are wrong, my friend. This woman has killed before.

Henchman 24: Allegedly.

Henchman 21: Okay, whatever. But she was a big girl. We are talking about a large, healthy woman of questionable stability.

Henchman 24: Oh, you are totally underestimating the never-say-die scrappiness of a survivor.

The Monarch: Hey, guess what? Nobody cares who would win in a crazy fantasy fist-fight between Anne Frank and Lizzie Borden. We never should have brought the henchmen. We're going to be the only ones there with henchmen!

Dr. Venture: Brock, why are you naked?

Brock: Move like an animal...to feel the kill.

I could go on and on! laugh.gif

Edited by Jack Aubrey