Favorite cult movie?

war2112

QUOTE (Batman @ Jan 23 2005, 06:36 PM)
QUOTE (war2112 @ Jan 23 2005, 06:26 PM)
QUOTE (Batman @ Jan 23 2005, 06:11 PM)
Brain Donors
and  Army of Darkness

Allright! You all are really bringing it.

I have seen Army of Darkness. Great pick. I'll have to look for the Brain Donors.

I hope it's as deliciously sick as it sounds.

Brain Donors is A great comedy rofl3.gif

You must see it.

Time Bandits was great! laugh.gif

I will be hounding the local shops for Brain Donors. The more off-beat, the better! Thanks for the tip.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One more from me and then I'll shut up. How about Escape from New York. Good old Kurt Russell will be indelibly etched in my mind forever as the one and only Snake Plisskin. No matter what he does, he will always be Snake to me! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Sodoff Baldrick @ Jan 23 2005, 07:10 PM)
The Warriors

"Warrrrrrrrrrrrriors, come out and play."

Now there's a blast from the past. Man, I'll bet I saw that movie a dozen times, but haven't seen it in over 20 years. Thanks for the reminder Sodoff biggrin.gif

Also would like to add the Mad Max films to my list of favorites. Road Warrior is probably my favorite, one of the best chase scenes I have ever seen in any movie. And there is one other musical I am a fan of, Little Shop of Horrors, but other then those ones I am generally not a fan of musicals.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Jan 23 2005, 07:57 PM)
The Warriors

Now there's a blast from the past. Man, I'll bet I saw that movie a dozen times, but haven't seen it in over 20 years. Thanks for the reminder Sodoff biggrin.gif

This one is tickling the back of my mind. That phrase is what's getting me. I'm going to have to hunt this one down. Whether or not I've seen it, it sounds like I'm in for a treat. If I have, then I get that wonderful beatific glow from the "blast from the past". If not, then I get to experience yet another secret gem. Hey, it's a win-win. Can't beat that cool.gif

Tommy (the Movie) - 1975

Fave scenes: Eric Clapton as the preacher, Tina Turner as the Acid Queen, and when Ann Margret bathes herself in laundry soap suds, chocolate, and baked beans.

Stepford Wives - 1975 (the original, not the recent remake)

Xanadu - 1980

Whatever Happened to Baby Jane? - 1964

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jan 23 2005, 10:22 PM)
Tommy (the Movie) - 1975
Fave scenes: Eric Clapton as the preacher, Tina Turner as the Acid Queen, and when Ann Margret bathes herself in laundry soap suds, chocolate, and baked beans.

Stepford Wives - 1975 (the original, not the recent remake)

Xanadu - 1980

Whatever Happened to Baby Jane? - 1964

Xanadu? Yeah go figure! biggrin.gif

The Warriors

CAN YOU DIG IT?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (war2112 @ Jan 23 2005, 09:50 PM)
The Warriors

This one is tickling the back of my mind. That phrase is what's getting me. I'm going to have to hunt this one down. Whether or not I've seen it, it sounds like I'm in for a treat. If I have, then I get that wonderful beatific glow from the "blast from the past". If not, then I get to experience yet another secret gem. Hey, it's a win-win. Can't beat that cool.gif

Great movie. About this gang from Staten Island (?) who goes into the city for a meeting of all the NYC gangs. This one leader wants to take over the city, but there's a ruckus and the Warriors have to get back to SI without getting killed. Joe Walsh's "In the City" is the main theme.

QUOTE (Sodoff Baldrick @ Jan 24 2005, 08:33 AM)
QUOTE (war2112 @ Jan 23 2005, 09:50 PM)
The Warriors

Great movie. About this gang from Staten Island (?) who goes into the city for a meeting of all the NYC gangs. This one leader wants to take over the city, but there's a ruckus and the Warriors have to get back to SI without getting killed. Joe Walsh's "In the City" is the main theme.

yes.gif I have seen this one. I knew I'd heard that line delivered in that smarmy ass way. That was a great one.

QUOTE (Sark @ Jan 24 2005, 01:52 PM)
Escape from New York. Gotta love Snake Pliskin. waffen093.gif

I think you can include a great deal of John Carpenter's films as classics.

Just thought of another - Near Dark, prpobably the best Vampire film ever made.

THE ADVENTURES OF BARON MUNCHAUSEN,HEAVY METAL,DREAMSCAPE,1941! smile.gif

THIS IS SPINAL TAP!!!!! cat.gif cat.gif cat.gif common001.gif

QUOTE (wingman @ Apr 29 2005, 08:29 PM)
THIS IS SPINAL TAP!!!!! cat.gif cat.gif cat.gif common001.gif

Marty DeBergi: The review of your album "Shark Sandwich" is simply two words, "Sh*t Sandwich."

Nigel: That's not real is it?

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (physics23 @ Apr 29 2005, 01:20 AM)
Pi and Donnie Darko

These probably aren't cult movie per se:
Amelie
Blazing Saddles
My Fair Lady
Powder

But they are favorites.

Blazing Saddles!!!

"Where all da white women at?"

"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"

Classic! yes.gif

'Big Trouble In Little China'