Favorite LIVE Rush Album

rushfan4life

What is your favorite RUSH LIVE Album?  

599 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite RUSH LIVE Album?

• Exit Stage Left
    • Rush in Rio
    • All the Worlds a Stage
    • A Show of Hands
    • Different Stages

Mine used to be ESL.

Now it's RIR. The mixing s*cks on it - but I like the newer music (heavier, more bass!), so I keep listening to RiR.

Oh Garage this is hard. There are great songs on every one! I had to choose Different Stages though. Last Spring Break I drove all the way to mexico with just Disk 1 of DS. doh.gif I couldnt believe i forgot all my music! I must have listened to that disc 200 times all the way through. I memorized what every fan screamed and when they screamed it. I memorized everything. Now whenever i listen to different versions of the songs i always expect the fans to scream what they did in DS disc 1. I devoloped almost a spiritual connection with that music. fing.gif I fell in love with it. I appreciated Rush more than i ever did before. I couldnt have made it through that vacation without that disc. Thank you Different Stages disc 1. Your sounds will be imprinted on the back of my skull forevermore.

QUOTE (RushGuru @ Jan 21 2005, 09:38 PM)
Oh Garage this is hard. There are great songs on every one! I had to choose Different Stages though. Last Spring Break I drove all the way to mexico with just Disk 1 of DS. doh.gif I couldnt believe i forgot all my music! I must have listened to that disc 200 times all the way through. I memorized what every fan screamed and when they screamed it. I memorized everything. Now whenever i listen to different versions of the songs i always expect the fans to scream what they did in DS disc 1. I devoloped almost a spiritual connection with that music. fing.gif I fell in love with it. I appreciated Rush more than i ever did before. I couldnt have made it through that vacation without that disc. Thank you Different Stages disc 1. Your sounds will be imprinted on the back of my skull forevermore.

Sounds like my trip to NY for the week last winter. I coulda sworn I packed a travel cd case full of cds, but the only one that I fought I had with me was what was in the cd player when I boarded the train. Needless to say, I dont think I can listen to Yes's Fragile without thinking of NY.

All the worlds a Stage is my favorite one because that's what really got me into Rush. I liked them before this but I think all the songs sound better on ATWS than they did in the Studio because I like the Raw sound. Geddys voice was so strong back then. Not that it isn't now but I think you know what I mean.

I Loved RIR the most, because it has the best sound quality. It's so clean! And you get ALL of Geddy's bass action in it, too. The bass just sounds so powerful these days.

Mt fave is Exit Stage Left. It was the first Rush that I ever heard, in fact YYZ was the first song that I heard. My friends and I were all percussionists in the high school band and we were on a trip to the Kauffman's Parade in Pittsburgh, PA when I heard it. One of them had his portable CD player and told me, "Yeah!! listen to this shit!" After listening, I've been hooked since!

This time around I voted for DS - where I've voted differently in the past. It has an exceptional sound quality, and I love the selection of tunes spanning the ages. It runs parallel with RIR though, imo. Even though I love the others, I don't get into them as much. I don't like Geddy's voice in ASOH... it's too nasally - and the music just has less "punch" in comparison.

You know what though??? Who cares about favorites... The fact is - I own all of them and listen to all of them. For cryin' out loud....

It's 2.gif

653.gif 2.gif AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif 2.gif 653.gif

• Like 1

ESL cause Jacobs Ladder . Love the little 50's intro '"Like to do a old song for you right now" This could change in a hour or so, but at this moment SHOW OF HANDS! NO it's still EXIT STAGE LEFT. laugh.gif

ATWAS was my favorite until RIR came out, I guess because I waited so long to see them again after their hiatus. I was there in Charlotte for their 3rd stop of "Vapor Trails" tour and it was great to see them again. ATWAS will always be one of my favorites, though, I'll take Rush live any day, period. 2.gif

QUOTE (slacker @ Jun 11 2005, 06:47 AM)
All the Worlds a Stage

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

i am wid you.....