Favorite LIVE Rush Album

rushfan4life

What is your favorite RUSH LIVE Album?  

599 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite RUSH LIVE Album?

• Exit Stage Left
    • Rush in Rio
    • All the Worlds a Stage
    • A Show of Hands
    • Different Stages

Different Stages for me.

It has it all, plus 2112(all of it), the best version of Roll the Bones(way ahead of the studio version, the live version of Dreamline also rocks.

The best live album ever, quite possibly, alongside Thin Lizzy, Live and Dangerous(I know it was doctored, but God how it rocks!!!!)

They're all great in their own way. I had to go with ATWAS. Basically because of all the classic Rush material that they pretty much don't play anywome (Anthem, Bastille Day, Fly By Night, Lakeside Park, Finding My Way, etc). Also the transition between Lakeside Park and 2112 sends chills down my spine every time I hear it.

Different Stages for me. That and Pink Floyd's PULSE are GREATEST LIVE ROCK RECORDS EVER!!! I was at the show where 2112 and Leave That Thing Alone were recorded in Mansfield, MA at Great Woods(now Tweeter Center). When they played all of 2112, I almost fainted. Alex's little guitar solo during Discovery rocked.

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Jan 22 2005, 02:38 AM)
QUOTE (RushGuru @ Jan 21 2005, 09:38 PM)
Oh Garage this is hard. There are great songs on every one! I had to choose Different Stages though. Last Spring Break I drove all the way to mexico with just Disk 1 of DS. doh.gif I couldnt believe i forgot all my music! I must have listened to that disc 200 times all the way through. I memorized what every fan screamed and when they screamed it. I memorized everything. Now whenever i listen to different versions of the songs i always expect the fans to scream what they did in DS disc 1. I devoloped almost a spiritual connection with that music. fing.gif I fell in love with it. I appreciated Rush more than i ever did before. I couldnt have made it through that vacation without that disc. Thank you Different Stages disc 1. Your sounds will be imprinted on the back of my skull forevermore.

Sounds like my trip to NY for the week last winter. I coulda sworn I packed a travel cd case full of cds, but the only one that I fought I had with me was what was in the cd player when I boarded the train. Needless to say, I dont think I can listen to Yes's Fragile without thinking of NY.

That reminded me of my trip back to native Boston, MA from Charleston, SC(where I lived mainly for two years) for almost THREE months for family issues and to see Rush on 30th Anniversary Tour! I accidentally bought a duplicate of Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here album. My other copy was buried in suitcase and wanted to listen on plane but was in hurry to board plane so I bought another copy at an airport in Atlanta at a record store in airport during a switchover from planes.

QUOTE (slacker @ Jun 11 2005, 05:47 AM)
All the Worlds a Stage

2.gif  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif

ATWAS was technically the first live Rush album I heard(or half of live album I heard in July of 1988 as uncle had the original record(he lost record one)). ESL I first heard on an old station in Boston in May of 1990 called ECGY where they played ALL FOUR SIDES of ESL. I recorded YYZ through Xanadu. When I first heard live YYZ from ESL on May 11, 1990(I was 14 then), I was officially a Neil Peart fan(myself being a drummer discovered the successor to Moon and Bonham).

Edited by floydfanatic111

My favorite live album/DVDs

DS by a LONGSHOT!

RiR rivals DS

R30 is excellent

ESL was fantastic despite some doctoring

ATWaS was great but too raw

ASoH was bland pretty much save Marathon, Turn the Page, Manhattan Project, Mission, Witch Hunt and Time Stand Still. I didn't like the Signature Guitar nor the Simmons drums on CttH and was worse doctored than ESL

Edited by floydfanatic111

All The World's A Stage for me... (Raw Power, Baby!)

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Nov 21 2005, 12:44 PM)
I know it was doctored, but God how it rocks!!!!

Show me an album that isn't "doctored"... They all are.

i would have to say exit stage left. the first live rush album i ever got and the songs are so amazing 1022.gif i love jacob's ladder and the trees oh, and u can't forget xanadu, and of course the rest of them. just to many to mention.

I picked "Different Stages," but honestly I don't like live albums at all, even by Rush.

I bought all of Rush's live albums to keep my collection complete, but I never play them.

I haven't even given a single spin to "Rush in Rio" or the "R30" CD.

Edited by GeddyRulz

There is absolutely no question about it...Different Stages. Because:

1) Full version live of 2112

2) It was mostly recorded in Chicago tongue.gif

Well actaully my fav isnt on that list. I have the cds for the R30 concert that I got with my R30 dvd deluxe edition.

But out of those id say Rush in Rio.

QUOTE (1974FAN @ Apr 9 2006, 12:33 PM)
There is absolutely no question about it...Different Stages. Because:
1) Full version live of 2112
2) It was mostly recorded in Chicago tongue.gif

AMEN!

The 2112 and Leave That Thing Alone on the album were from the show I was at in Mansfield, MA.