Any other U2 Fans?

GhostGirl

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (BSG @ Nov 14 2004, 12:15 AM)
Reports are that U2 will appear on SNL next week, Nov. 20. Mark your calendars, eh?

bumper.gif

Host is Luke Wilson.

smile.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Nov 20 2004, 08:54 PM)
Reports are that U2 will appear on SNL next week, Nov. 20. Mark your calendars, eh?

bumper.gif

Host is Luke Wilson.

smile.gif

Thanks for the spoil, GG! It doesn't come on for 2 hours here!

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Rivendell @ Nov 20 2004, 11:21 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Nov 20 2004, 08:54 PM)

bumper.gif

Host is Luke Wilson.

smile.gif

Thanks for the spoil, GG! It doesn't come on for 2 hours here!

laugh.gif

Ooops! Sorry, folks.

But it doesn't hurt to know they did good, huh?

biggrin.gif

Pretty interesting they played so many songs, I wonder if they are gonna get reinvited now tongue.gif. I also see you've updated your banner with The Edge. I have just one question though, whose the 4th guy with the bass that has the cig in his mouth. I recognize everyone else and would probably recognize him too, but I just cant tell by that pic.

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Nov 21 2004, 09:37 AM)
Pretty interesting they played so many songs, I wonder if they are gonna get reinvited now tongue.gif. I also see you've updated your banner with The Edge. I have just one question though, whose the 4th guy with the bass that has the cig in his mouth. I recognize everyone else and would probably recognize him too, but I just cant tell by that pic.

It's Adam Clayton, the bass player for U2. He and Edge insisted on being beside each other in the sig.

smile.gif

I found a Quicktime video of U2's performance of "I Will Follow." See it here:

"I Will Follow"

Audio only of all three songs here: "Vertigo," "Sometimes You Can't Make It...," "I Will Follow"

Links from U2log.com

It's a sickness...I can't help it. smile.gif

Links to 2 articles about the new album.

"Alive and Ticking" - USA Today

And the review from Rolling Stone (I know, "Boo hiss" re: Rush)

Review

The Story.

U2 Plays a Surprise Show at Brooklyn Park

By SAM DOLNICK

NEW YORK (AP) - With the bright lights of lower Manhattan shining on the stage, the band U2 played a surprise outdoor concert Monday in a waterfront park beneath the Brooklyn Bridge.

Although the MTV-organized show hadn't been publicly announced or advertised, thousands lined up at the Empire-Fulton Ferry State Park, a riverside park between the Brooklyn and Manhattan Bridges and across from the New York skyline.

Most people said they heard about the show through word-of-mouth or postings on U2 fans' Web sites.

The concert was for an MTV special called ``mtvJAMMED: U2,'' set to air Dec. 10.

Led by frontman Bono, U2 played songs from its new album, ``How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb.'' Although the album wasn't scheduled to be released until Tuesday, many fans had already downloaded the songs and sang along with the choruses.

Deb Pruitt, 47, left her home in Culpeper, Va., at 4 a.m. to see the concert. She met her daughter, Melissa, who was flown in from Los Angeles after winning a U2 raffle.

``It's totally worth it not to sleep at all and drive eight hours to be here,'' said Deb Pruitt. ``We're big fans.''

Before the concert, U2 spent the day playing on the back of a flatbed truck that wound through city streets as a film crew shot the band for a new video.

When the waiting fans in Brooklyn saw the truck crossing the Manhattan Bridge with the band on board, they screamed and waved at the rockers.

``It was an incredible show,'' Zain Deane, 30, said after the band's 45-minute set. ``U2's the best. And there's nothing like the skyline at night.''

11/22/04 23:53

Wow! That's so cool that they did that...I think U2 still tries pretty hard to reach out to fans, and give them a little something extra.

I just love that. smile.gif

QUOTE (BSG @ Nov 23 2004, 02:05 PM)
I GOT IT!!!!! During my lunch hour, went to Best Buy. Found the deluxe edition with DVD and the booklet. And I saved $11 to boot. Sticker price $35.99, got it for $24.99.

Yeah, bay-bee yeah!!!
biggrin.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif chickendance.gif common001.gif cheer.gif trink39.gif

Hey that's great man! Thanks for supporting the TRF store!

upyours.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Kidding.

Call me weird but for some reason "Angel of harlem" gets me in the Christmas spirit more than any other song. confused13.gif

I'm not even sure that this is a Christmas song or not but in the late 80's when this song came out it was not long before Christmas.

QUOTE (Rivendell @ Nov 23 2004, 01:01 PM)
QUOTE (Rivendell @ Nov 23 2004, 11:57 AM)
GG, Thank me later.

SNL

Crap, you already had it?

I did...but you're very sweet to have thought of me.

So, I'm thanking you anyway! smile.gif

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Nov 23 2004, 02:54 PM)
QUOTE (BSG @ Nov 23 2004, 02:05 PM)
I GOT IT!!!!! During my lunch hour, went to Best Buy. Found the deluxe edition with DVD and the booklet. And I saved $11 to boot. Sticker price $35.99, got it for $24.99.

Yeah, bay-bee yeah!!! 
biggrin.gif  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif  chickendance.gif  common001.gif  cheer.gif  trink39.gif

Hey that's great man! Thanks for supporting the TRF store!

upyours.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Kidding.

Schnickies! Sorry, man! sad.gif

Next time fur shur!

QUOTE (BSG @ Nov 29 2004, 09:01 AM)
bumper.gif

Who, besides me, bought the deluxe edition? And were you as under-whelmed as I with the booklet? (Sorry, Bono.)

Can't BELIEVE it didn't have the lyrics. That just sucks.

But the music sure is nice! smile.gif

I'll be picking it up this week.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Nov 29 2004, 10:58 AM)
QUOTE (BSG @ Nov 29 2004, 09:01 AM)
bumper.gif

Who, besides me, bought the deluxe edition? And were you as under-whelmed as I with the booklet? (Sorry, Bono.)

Can't BELIEVE it didn't have the lyrics. That just sucks.

But the music sure is nice! smile.gif

No lyrics. Can you fathom that?

Yes, the music is awesome, though. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Archived