Any other U2 Fans?

GhostGirl

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 2 2004, 11:29 PM)
QUOTE (BSG @ Nov 2 2004, 09:33 PM)
I will definitely be acquiring this DVD set. I need it to replace the several VHS tapes which, like a complete and utter DOOFUS, I taped over.  062802puke_prv.gif  This is even MORE painful now that I learn that Page, Plant, and Jones will NOT be releasing their performance as Led Zeppelin.

I understand that is because Page, Plant and Jones were very unhappy with Phil Collins' performance on drums. Collins is a good drummer, but he's not suited for heavy Led Zep-type rock, IMO.

Well, the overall performance was a bit ragged, I definitely remember that. I understood that the members of Zep were unhappy with their own performances. Maybe it's true about Phil Collins, as well. I don't know.

Phil after all, was the guy who flew the Concorde so he could perform in both London and Philly on the same day. And Zep played in Philly, as I recall. But actually I thought Phil played just fine. But that's my take only, of course.

Maybe someday, this footage will surface again.

Oops! Sorry for hijacking your U2 thread, GG!

Umm...................... Yeh Bono! Go Adam! Yadda Yadda! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif biggrin.gif

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back to topic:

http://freespace.virgin.net/expert.sleepers/altair5/pix1200/u2.jpg

WOW! And here's another one, WITH Bono smile.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/RushBabe/Board%20Pics/U2simpsons.jpg

I could still see it, but I put it on photobucket...can you see it now?

wink.gif

Big fan here. Definitely my second favorite band after the Boyz. And, I must say, one of the few who actually considers "Pop" a masterpiece. Yes, that's what I said.

And I'm a fan all the way back to "Boy", but I just gotta think "Pop" was 20 years ahead of it's time.

QUOTE (war2112 @ Nov 10 2004, 09:52 PM)
Big fan here. Definitely my second favorite band after the Boyz. And, I must say, one of the few who actually considers "Pop" a masterpiece. Yes, that's what I said.
And I'm a fan all the way back to "Boy", but I just gotta think "Pop" was 20 years ahead of it's time.

War....I LOOOOVE Pop...I've loved it since it came out. Some of their best work, very groundbreaking!

Lyrically, for example:

Summer stretching on the grass

Summer dresses pass

In the shade of a willow tree

Creeps a crawling over me

Over me and over you

Stuck together with God's glue

It's going to get stickier too

OR

You get to feel so guilty, got so much for so little

Then you find that feeling just won't go away

You're holding on to every little thing so tightly

'Til there's nothing left for you anyway

Just a tiny bit of why I love the album...and "If You Wear That Velvet Dress"---MERCY...drool1.gif

(Can you tell I like them, too? icon_really_happy_guy.gif)

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Nov 10 2004, 11:00 PM)

War....I LOOOOVE Pop...I've loved it since it came out. Some of their best work, very groundbreaking!

Lyrically, for example:

Summer dresses pass

Over me and over you

OR

Just a tiny bit of why I love the album...and "If You Wear That Velvet Dress"---MERCY...drool1.gif

Yes - and lyrically they have truly continued to grow and always mature. A great line from Vertigo:

"Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah"

laugh.gif

Sorry - I couldn't resist. I love these guys. They are awesome!

QUOTE (paganoman @ Nov 10 2004, 10:08 PM)
Yes - and lyrically they have truly continued to grow and always mature. A great line from Virtigo:

"Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah"

laugh.gif

Sorry - I couldn't resist. I love these guys. They are awesome!

Yes, aren't they BRILLIANT?

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Nov 10 2004, 11:00 PM)

Lyrically, for example:

Summer dresses pass

Over me and over you

OR

Awesome, GhostGirl! Yeah! And another little bit I like...

"holy dunk, spacejunk, comin' in for the splash

wh-wh-white dopes on punk staring into into the flash"

That's just primo.

I also like

"you know you're chewin' bubblegum

you know what that is but you still want some

you just can't get enough of that lovey-dovey stuff"

just because Bono is actually saying, hey this is Pop music, but you love it, don't you?

Brilliant, IMHO

Yes! "Discotheque" is just so fabulous and in-your-face and campy (esp. the video smile.gif)....

Plus, it's got a great beat and it's easy to dance to...I was just listening to it on my way to work.

653.gif

I just read in our local paper that U2 will begin it's tour in Florida next spring. No specific cities yet, but Florida has been confirmed as the starting point. smile.gif Last time I saw these guys was 1985 on the "Unforgettable Fire" tour in Maryland. Bono was arrested after the show because he enthusiastically encouraged people to dance which ended up somehow causing damage to the arena. I believe the charges were ultimately dropped. Pretty good show from what I remember, but you know, it was back in the day cool10.gif trink38.gif cool10.gif trink38.gif cool10.gif trink38.gif

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Nov 15 2004, 08:46 AM)
I just read in our local paper that U2 will begin it's tour in Florida next spring. No specific cities yet, but Florida has been confirmed as the starting point. smile.gif Last time I saw these guys was 1985 on the "Unforgettable Fire" tour in Maryland. Bono was arrested after the show because he enthusiastically encouraged people to dance which ended up somehow causing damage to the arena. I believe the charges were ultimately dropped. Pretty good show from what I remember, but you know, it was back in the day cool10.gif trink38.gif cool10.gif trink38.gif cool10.gif trink38.gif

Yeah bud! I read that too. Let's get our Rush Forum Southeast contingent together to see this-here band! Let's do it!!! (Oh, and anyone else is welcome, too, but ya gotta be able to say "y'all" without making us laugh.) biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Nov 15 2004, 01:46 PM)

They're playing a special gig at their studios in Dublin this week to profile the album. It's being broadcast on BBC Radio 1 in the UK next week.

BTW, this iPod deal they've done is causing real resentlemt here in Ireland. The i-tunes store isn't licensed here, so Irish people can't access it or download from it.

"You've abandoned your roots" cry the local fans.

I won't speculate about Bono's reply....... biggrin.gif

QUOTE (BSG @ Nov 15 2004, 08:50 AM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ Nov 15 2004, 08:46 AM)
I just read in our local paper that U2 will begin it's tour in Florida next spring. No specific cities yet, but Florida has been confirmed as the starting point.  smile.gif Last time I saw these guys was 1985 on the "Unforgettable Fire" tour in Maryland. Bono was arrested after the show because he enthusiastically encouraged people to dance which ended up somehow causing damage to the arena. I believe the charges were ultimately dropped. Pretty good show from what I remember, but you know, it was back in the day  cool10.gif  trink38.gif  cool10.gif  trink38.gif  cool10.gif  trink38.gif

Yeah bud! I read that too. Let's get our Rush Forum Southeast contingent together to see this-here band! Let's do it!!! (Oh, and anyone else is welcome, too, but ya gotta be able to say "y'all" without making us laugh.) biggrin.gif

sounds good to me, why wait until the next Rush tour to get together? new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Archived