It's cool that this many chicks dig Rush.

Grand Designs

I know many more female Rush fans IRL than I do male, though I have to admit I have a lot of women musician friends. The random people that I've run into that have noticed a t-shirt I'm wearing or a keychain I have or my license plate seem to be about 50/50.

Btw, what's wrong with the word "women?" I've never liked the word "chicks." I see men using it all the time but it's always struck me as being a derogatory word.

I have no problem with the term "chicks". To me, women are old, stuffy people while chicks are cool, younger people. But of course, like any word, it's all about the intention.

Most of the Rush fans I know IRL are male, although I'm a bigger fan than most of them :D

I've never called any woman a chick in my every day life. But I've probably said the word on HERE with the intention similar to what you said, i.e. "cool woman." Someone might've been offended regardless of my intention.

I wonder if any guys get offended when I refer to them as "cats"...."This one cat walked in the bar looking like Arthur Fonzarelli".

I DO dislike when some say that bitter, old bullshit, "ALL men are dogs."

I know many more female Rush fans IRL than I do male, though I have to admit I have a lot of women musician friends. The random people that I've run into that have noticed a t-shirt I'm wearing or a keychain I have or my license plate seem to be about 50/50.

Btw, what's wrong with the word "women?" I've never liked the word "chicks." I see men using it all the time but it's always struck me as being a derogatory word.

I have no problem with the term "chicks". To me, women are old, stuffy people while chicks are cool, younger people. But of course, like any word, it's all about the intention.

Most of the Rush fans I know IRL are male, although I'm a bigger fan than most of them :D

I've never called any woman a chick in my every day life. But I've probably said the word on HERE with the intention similar to what you said, i.e. "cool woman." Someone might've been offended regardless of my intention.

I wonder if any guys get offended when I refer to them as "cats"...."This one cat walked in the bar looking like Arthur Fonzarelli".

I know DO dislike when some say that bitter, old bullshit, "ALL men are dogs."

I call all my girlfriends "bitches" and they don't seem to mind. ;)

I kid.

I'm fine with chick, woman, gal ANYTHING other than ma'am. I feel old when someone says that.

I kind of like the term chickadee. It's cute.

• Like 3

There are many derogatory words for a women, but I don't think "chicks" is one of them. It's just a playful word for women. :)
  • Like 1

There are many derogatory words for a women, but I don't think "chicks" is one of them. It's just a playful word for women. :)

Depends on your point of view. From my side it's derogatory.

Depends on your point of view. From my side it's derogatory.

It's all groovy, pussycat! :)
  • Like 1

"Chicks" doesn't really bother me, but now "broads" just sounds bad. :LOL:

Anyone ever see the movie "10" where this very topic is discussed? It's pretty funny.

I've seen the movie but it's been a few years. Don't remember the scene.

"Chicks" doesn't really bother me, but now "broads" just sounds bad. :LOL:

Yeah..."broads" is like a stereotypical, old-fashioned tough guy kind of term for a woman. I always hear it in my head with a thick New York/New Jersey-type accent.

How about the golden-age-of-Hollywood term, "dames"?

Hahaha...'Rush dames' doesn't exactly work, does it?

Edited by Blue J