Quoting?

Choose/the/light

QUOTE (Choose/the/light @ Mar 7 2008, 05:36 PM)
How do you quote multiple post in one post, or quote something from another thread?

Thanks

QUOTE (Choose/the/light @ Mar 7 2008, 07:59 PM)

I have no idea. Where are the mods and admins when you need em?

Like this... wink.gif

Actually, not sure how it's really properly done... this is a quote, edit, copy and paste... basically you can quote anything by putting [q u o t e] and [/ q u o t e] around it... no spaces, of course.

Is there a way to do multiple posts without editing, cutting and pasting???

Edited by rushbass

thanks- heres some practice biggrin.gif

Actually, not sure how it's really properly done... this is a quote, edit, copy and paste... basically you can quote anything by putting [q u o t e] and [/ q u o t e] around it... no spaces, of course.

and

Is there a way to do multiple posts without editing, cutting and pasting???

did it work?

You hit reply to the first post you want to include, then type your post. Don't hit "add reply" but click "preview post." Your quote and your post show up. Copy and paste all that text into Notepad, etc. then just go back to the thread WITHOUT posting that reply.

Repeat on each post you want included, then add them all to your text file. Finally, reply to the thread, and paste in all the quotes you've collected.

That's the only way I know how to do it. smile.gif

I copy the text and use the 'quote' button above, but in Firefox, which is what I use at home, it doesn't work so well. I have to insert the / in the last
bracket wacko.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Apr 3 2008, 11:17 AM)
You hit reply to the first post you want to include, then type your post.  Don't hit "add reply" but click "preview post."  Your quote and your post show up.  Copy and paste all that text into Notepad, etc. then just go back to the thread WITHOUT posting that reply.

Repeat on each post you want included, then add them all to your text file.  Finally, reply to the thread, and paste in all the quotes you've collected.

That's the only way I know how to do it. smile.gif

Testing

QUOTE (The Owl @ Apr 3 2008, 11:12 AM)
Cutting and pasting is easy, what is hard is quoting more than one person in a single post.  I have no clue how to do that.

Ha! It worked

QUOTE (Merely Space @ May 4 2008, 09:11 AM)
How do you get the nice "name and time of quoted post" part of a quote to show up?

Here is your answer... quoted from above... wink.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Apr 3 2008, 12:17 PM)
You hit reply to the first post you want to include, then type your post.  Don't hit "add reply" but click "preview post."  Your quote and your post show up.  Copy and paste all that text into Notepad, etc. then just go back to the thread WITHOUT posting that reply.

Repeat on each post you want included, then add them all to your text file.  Finally, reply to the thread, and paste in all the quotes you've collected.

QUOTE (rushbass @ May 4 2008, 03:45 PM)
QUOTE (Merely Space @ May 4 2008, 09:11 AM)
How do you get the nice "name and time of quoted post" part of a quote to show up?

Here is your answer... quoted from above... wink.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Apr 3 2008, 12:17 PM)

Testing.