Famous Rush Fans

snowdogged

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Mar 8 2008, 07:24 PM)
I'm sure you can include virtually every Canadian band

Yeah, I dunno about that. I recently saw a documentary about the Canadian band Anvil, and nary a mention of Rush!

I have read that Billy Joel is a big Rush fan. And I saw Jamie Foxx on "Inside The Actor's Studio", with James Lipton, and he mentioned he got turned on to Rush by his college roommate, and became a big fan.

And here's a link to a previous similar thread: http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?show...=13500&st=0&hl= It has some other famous fans listed in it.

QUOTE (Noisy Bastard @ Mar 10 2008, 10:59 AM)
I have read that Billy Joel is a big Rush fan. And I saw Jamie Foxx on "Inside The Actor's Studio", with James Lipton, and he mentioned he got turned on to Rush by his college roommate, and became a big fan.

And here's a link to a previous similar thread: http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?show...=13500&st=0&hl= It has some other famous fans listed in it.

Billy Joel?? Are you serious? unsure.gif

QUOTE (Cobra611 @ Mar 10 2008, 11:50 AM)
Corey Koskie, who most recently played with the Toronto Blue Jays, was a big Rush fan. He would have a Rush song played as he came to the plate.

Yup, there seems to be a ton of baseball people that are Rush fans, and Geddy being a big baseball fan makes sense...

Koskie

Randy Johnson

Mark Langston

Tim Salmon

Chip Caray

Jim Edmonds

I saw a picture with one of the kids from One direction was wearing a Presto T-shirt, while he was on a date with Taylor Swift.

There was a thread about this not too long ago. I'd post the link but I'm too lazy to look for it. :)

Edited by substancewithoutstyle

I saw a picture with one of the kids from One direction was wearing a Presto T-shirt, while he was on a date with Taylor Swift.

There was a thread about this not too long ago. I'd post the link but I'm too lazy to look for it. :)

Found it:

http://www.therushfo...32-rush-and-1d/

Edited by substancewithoutstyle

Now its "cool"/acceptable to like Rush for many people, that's the problem. Where were these fuggers when it was too embarrassing for them to admit liking them? I had so many friends who used to either make fun of or spew derogatory statements about Rush, and to those who liked them as well. Many of the guys on this thread are those same spineless, popularity-contest-minded people. Edited by GeminiRising79

I saw an interview of the Barenaked Ladies, and they said they love Rush.

Actually, they threw in the middle section of Tom Sawyer into their tune "Grade 9" on their first full length album...

A "local" band (well to me) called +Live+ apparently were big Rush fans.

QUOTE (Cobra611 @ Mar 10 2008, 11:50 AM) Corey Koskie, who most recently played with the Toronto Blue Jays, was a big Rush fan. He would have a Rush song played as he came to the plate.

Yup, there seems to be a ton of baseball people that are Rush fans, and Geddy being a big baseball fan makes sense...

Koskie

Randy Johnson

Mark Langston

Tim Salmon

Chip Caray

Jim Edmonds

Don't forget about Gregg Zaun the former Jays catcher...had Limelight playing as he would go to the plate for his first at bat . A tribute to Geddy who was often seated just behind Home plate at the "then" Skydome.

QUOTE (Cobra611 @ Mar 10 2008, 11:50 AM) Corey Koskie, who most recently played with the Toronto Blue Jays, was a big Rush fan. He would have a Rush song played as he came to the plate.

Koskie

Randy Johnson

Mark Langston

Tim Salmon

Chip Caray

Jim Edmonds

Don't forget about Gregg Zaun the former Jays catcher...had Limelight playing as he would go to the plate for his first at bat . A tribute to Geddy who was often seated just behind Home plate at the "then" Skydome.

Future Hall Of Famer- Omar Vizquel huge Rush fan also.