Famous Rush Fans

snowdogged

QUOTE (Crudson @ Mar 7 2008, 08:01 AM)
QUOTE (Choose/the/light @ Mar 6 2008, 05:48 PM)
The Barenaked Ladies are definetely weird, you can't really hear any Rush influence

rofl3.gif

In case you're not joking Grade 9 off Gordon has a little acoustic Spirit of Radio riff in it and a live Tom Sawyer section.

i know they have that little cover thing, but the rest of their music sounds nothing like Rush

QUOTE (Choose/the/light @ Mar 7 2008, 12:32 PM)
QUOTE (Crudson @ Mar 7 2008, 08:01 AM)
QUOTE (Choose/the/light @ Mar 6 2008, 05:48 PM)
The Barenaked Ladies are definetely weird, you can't really hear any Rush influence

rofl3.gif

In case you're not joking Grade 9 off Gordon has a little acoustic Spirit of Radio riff in it and a live Tom Sawyer section.

i know they have that little cover thing, but the rest of their music sounds nothing like Rush

Agreed. Good band though.

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Mar 5 2008, 10:58 PM)
QUOTE (Analog Brian Kidd @ Mar 5 2008, 09:57 PM)
QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Mar 5 2008, 04:54 PM)
QUOTE (Jaye @ Mar 5 2008, 09:50 PM)
Mick Pointer, Marillion's drummer. biggrin.gif

Ohh I didn't know anything about that!

Do you know why he was fired? He seemed pretty cool to me. I prefer Ian Mosley but never understood why they booted Pointer.

Because he was a shite drummer and a pisshead.

Shite? unsure.gif

Can't say I'd agree with that, he dominated Garden Party and Forgotten Sons.

Naw, he was Crap!!

QUOTE (Huck @ Mar 7 2008, 06:18 PM)
The Manic Street Preachers, there was a big article/interview in Classic Rock Magazine about them meeting our boys and what big fans they are of our beloved Rush. biggrin.gif

The Manics interviwed them & when the Manics played Glastonbury Nicky Wire had a 2.gif patch on his jacket (before the S&A's tour).

There is a thread on the forum about this.

QUOTE (Docmilsap @ Mar 7 2008, 06:33 PM)
QUOTE (Huck @ Mar 7 2008, 06:18 PM)
The Manic Street Preachers, there was a big article/interview in Classic Rock Magazine about them meeting our boys and what big fans they are of our beloved Rush.  biggrin.gif

The Manics interviwed them & when the Manics played Glastonbury Nicky Wire had a 2.gif patch on his jacket (before the S&A's tour).

There is a thread on the forum about this.

That is correct biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Mar 7 2008, 11:44 AM)
QUOTE (rushfr:CP @ Mar 7 2008, 02:45 PM)
chris cornell, sound garden, RATM.

He is on the R30 bonus disk.

Chris Cornell was in Soundgarden and Audioslave. The other members of Audioslave were from RATM, not Cornell.

thats what i thought - but a wasn't sure.

I knew RATM and Audioslave were basically the same band except different singer.

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Mar 7 2008, 10:22 AM)
I think Sammy Hagar might be, Pleasure Dome from the Van Halen LP F.U.C.K. is supposed to be a tribute to Xanadu.

Sammy Hagar does like Rush. I remember there being a dispute between him and Van Halen manager Ray Danniels (which isn't surprising, as that was the time things started going downhill for the band). I believe Hagar was quoted asking him "Why wasn't Rush selling more records. They could've been more popular than they were".

I think that, in itself, says it all. And yes, Sam had control over Pleasure Dome being a tribute to Xanadu.

QUOTE (1974FAN @ Mar 7 2008, 07:18 AM)
I've been told that Nickleback are huge RUSH fans. Hey! Whaddya expect from another Canadian band?! Three Doors Down is another band that are big RUSH fans as well. Afterall, Alex produced (at least) their 1st album. I also think it's safe to assume that just about every Canadian rock & pop artist is a RUSH fan. "Our Boys" have influenced so many of them over the years.

Those bands could use a little bit of Rush influence, because both of them are terrible.

QUOTE (Choose/the/light @ Mar 7 2008, 12:30 PM)
QUOTE (theworkingman23 @ Mar 6 2008, 10:40 PM)
Great guy
Neil Peart. He plays the drums for some band but I've heard hes come to be a big fan of their music. His band even covered a few songs by  2.gif .

yea i heard that guy was a fan laugh.gif

Yeah. It would be pretty cool if he drummed with them but that John Rutsey is just too damn good. tongue.gif

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Mar 8 2008, 12:40 AM)
QUOTE (1974FAN @ Mar 7 2008, 07:18 AM)
I've been told that Nickleback are huge RUSH fans.  Hey!  Whaddya expect from another Canadian band?!  Three Doors Down is another band that are big RUSH fans as well.  Afterall, Alex produced (at least) their 1st album.  I also think it's safe to assume that just about every Canadian rock & pop artist is a RUSH fan.  "Our Boys" have influenced so many of them over the years.

Those bands could use a little bit of Rush influence, because both of them are terrible.

Says you wink.gif

Not sure how much of a fan he is, but my ex-wife had a picture of Elijah Wood wearing a Rush shirt.

In addition, many years ago, I remember seeing one of the members of Anthrax (don't ask me which but I know it wasn't Scott Ian who is the only one I could recognise at the time) wearing an A Show of Hands shirt.

In addition, its rumoured that Pod, Paul and Dean from Bravado have a sneaking regard for Rush

QUOTE (Albone2112 @ Mar 5 2008, 08:40 PM)
I read somewhere that Dan Patrick of ESPN likes Rush. He made a comment when Geddy sang Oh Canada before the MLB All-Star Game a few years ago. I think it was that 2112 was still his favorite Rush album.

the day after S&A was released, Dan used the intro from "Far Cry" to open his radio show on ESPN Radio

QUOTE (keakag @ Mar 8 2008, 02:09 PM)
QUOTE (Albone2112 @ Mar 5 2008, 08:40 PM)
I read somewhere that Dan Patrick of ESPN likes Rush.  He made a comment when Geddy sang Oh Canada before the MLB All-Star Game a few years ago.  I think it was that 2112 was still his favorite Rush album.

the day after S&A was released, Dan used the intro from "Far Cry" to open his radio show on ESPN Radio

1022.gif 1022.gif