Test your love for Rush...

GeminiRising79

QUOTE (Analog Brian Kidd @ Feb 28 2008, 01:35 PM)
QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Feb 27 2008, 06:02 PM)
Alex: So fat that he\'s changed the shape of his face...man, this guy used to be so angelic looking, now he looks like an angry redneck country-music singer.

That\'s because it\'s a different Alex.

The original Alex decided that he enjoyed himself more as KK Downing of Judas Priest, so dedicated his life to HEAVY METAL.

Since then a succession of stunt Lerxsts have taken his place, with the difficulties of getting a new Alex resulting in the lengthy hiatus between 1997 and 2002. It does take a while to teach an angry redneck country-music singer to play Rock guitar.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Seriouly, some people need to get a sense of humour here. this thread s hilarious yes.gif

And for the record, lerxt did look quite pretty back in '78. Mind you so did Rodger Taylor of Queen...

(strokes chin musing on possibilities)

wink.gif

QUOTE (Fridge @ Feb 29 2008, 01:24 PM)

Seriouly, some people need to get a sense of humour here. this thread s hilarious yes.gif

And for the record, lerxt did look quite pretty back in '78. Mind you so did Rodger Taylor of Queen...

(strokes chin musing on possibilities)

wink.gif

Ha!

rofl3.gif

Yeah, the "Roger Taylor" problem. I remember that one.

Hilarious thread. trink39.gif

This thread is just entertaining.

My answer would be sure, why not. But I'm just crazy and do weird things all the time... especially when alcohol is involved. tongue.gif But I do know how to have fun. yes.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Feb 23 2008, 06:01 PM)
Ok, now try to keep an open mind here by what I'm about to suggest.

First, choose the Rush member you primarily gravitate to, for whatever reason(This would be a member that you are mostly in awe of (if you are equally in awe of 2 or more, exclude yourself from this test).

The setting: Lets say you happen to be out one night at a Toronto lounge/bar off of Younge Street (in close proximity to Massey Hall) with the Rush member you are in utmost awe of, and his wife. After having a few drinks and strong conversational bonding, the said Rush member looks at his watch noting that the time is already 21:12. He subtly suggests that you join him and his wife at his sprawling suburban Toronto mansion. He says that he will drive since his Audi/BMW is better in the voluminous amounts of snow that has recently fallen from the bruised and sullen stormclouds above. You agree and gingerly hop in the back seat and take in the surreal experience, whilst caressing the rich Corinthian leather and shining steel of the interior.
After arriving at the mansion, the three of you entre the main den, sipping cognac (or perhaps The MacCallan) on the large C-shaped couch that encompasses the cozy, roaring fireplace that is automatically actuated by the bristling energy given off by human proximity. In a dreamlike state, you gaze up at the wall and see the gold and platinum records and the vast collage of Rush album covers. You see a magnificently stuffed animal in the likeness of the Snowdog. You see the work of gifted hands that grace this strange and wondrous land. It dawns on you that you're living every Rush fan's dream.
The said Rush member then suggests that you join him and his wife upstairs in the Master bedroom. You gaze up at the spiral stair, and then to the Rush member where you notice his hungry eyes, and open mind. Are you prepared to indulge in both sides of the hemispheres or do you politely decline, suggesting that the hour is late and you feel you've got to move, (yes, you do?) Or do you proceed, tricked by circumstances?

Alex - is that you?

I'd love to hang with you and Charlene. PM me.

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Feb 29 2008, 04:50 PM)
Ok, now try to keep an open mind here by what I'm about to suggest. 

First, choose the Rush member you primarily gravitate to, for whatever reason(This would be a member that you are mostly in awe of (if you are                                                                                                                                                equally in awe of 2 or more, exclude yourself from this test).

The setting:  Lets say you happen to be out one night at a Toronto lounge/bar off of Younge Street (in close proximity to Massey Hall) with the Rush member you are in utmost awe of, and his wife.  After having a few drinks and strong conversational bonding, the said Rush member looks at his watch noting that the time is already 21:12.  He subtly suggests that you join him and his wife at his sprawling suburban Toronto mansion.  He says that he will drive since his Audi/BMW is better in the voluminous amounts of snow that has recently fallen from the bruised and sullen stormclouds above.  You agree and gingerly hop in the back seat and take in the surreal experience, whilst caressing the rich Corinthian leather and shining steel of the interior. 
After arriving at the mansion, the three of you entre the main den, sipping cognac (or perhaps The MacCallan) on the large C-shaped couch that encompasses the cozy, roaring fireplace that is automatically actuated by the bristling energy given off by human proximity.  In a dreamlike state, you gaze up at the wall and see the gold and platinum records and the vast collage of Rush album covers.  You see a magnificently stuffed animal in the likeness of the Snowdog. You see the work of gifted hands that grace this strange and wondrous land. It dawns on you that you're living every Rush fan's dream. 
The said Rush member then suggests that you join him and his wife upstairs in the Master bedroom.  You gaze up at the spiral stair, and then to the Rush member where you notice his hungry eyes, and open mind.  Are you prepared to indulge in both sides of the hemispheres or do you politely decline, suggesting that the hour is late and you feel you've got to move, (yes, you do?)  Or do you proceed, tricked by circumstances?

Alex - is that you?

I'd love to hang with you and Charlene. PM me.

z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif

From the sounds of it, you'd be doing more than just "hanging" looks like some good ole hanging and banging! biggrin.gif Which I'm always up for....when it comes to hotties like Alex wink.gif tongue.gif

You see a magnificently stuffed animal in the likeness of the Snowdog.

Despite the creepines of the thread, this statement made me LOL for real icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Perhaps I was thinking of the deer in "Biggest Fan" clip, part I icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Edited by iluvgeddy05

This is the most bizarre thread that I've ever seen on this board. Are there any psychology majors here who can analyze this? I seriously feel that you have to be quite perverted to think of this in the first place. Then to actually take the time to think through it and type it out is even more disturbing. Many are making jokes but I am 100% serious when I say: you may need professional help . If you have these kinds of thoughts often, please go talk to a therapist .

I know a few people with mental and/or emotional problems as I'm sure many of you do. In hindsight we often wonder "how did we miss the early warning signs?" THIS MAY BE AN EARLY WARNING SIGN!

Edited by TheBluePhoenix

Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's ass by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather to take his word for it?

wait.. confused13.gif What? I'm failing to make the connection here.

No, what I mean is, you can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking your head up a butcher's ass... No, wait...

Dude, seriously..

QUOTE (TheBluePhoenix @ Apr 4 2008, 02:37 PM)
This is the most bizarre thread that I've ever seen on this board. Are there any psychology majors here who can analyze this? I seriously feel that you have to be quite perverted to think of this in the first place. Then to actually take the time to think through it and type it out is even more disturbing. Many are making jokes but I am 100% serious when I say: you may need professional help . If you have these kinds of thoughts often, please go talk to a therapist .

I know a few people with mental and/or emotional problems as I'm sure many of you do. In hindsight we often wonder "how did we miss the early warning signs. THIS MAY BE AN EARLY WARNING SIGN!

Or it could just be a joke and other people are taking it the wrong way.

Lighten up people. Man, I havent said Lighten up or relax in here in a while... I think we have some tight bottoms in here again. b_sigh.gif

lol, at first I thought you meant gravitating towards a TRF member, then realized you meant band member. I became uneasy when you talked of caressing the leather in the back seat.

Seriously are you like a romance novel writer or something? And no, I wouldn't have a devil's threesome with a member of Rush. laugh.gif

Alex: So fat that he's changed the shape of his face...man, this guy used to be so angelic looking, now he looks like an angry redneck country-music singer.
Neil: Ageing quite badly in the face, plus a real piss-poor attitude
Ged: He's holding his age pretty well but never was quite the looker.

GeminiRising, I think you would still jump at the chance to do any one of them. yes.gif

Gemini isn't the only thing Rising when you look at the back cover of 2112. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/makalu/toss-off_smiley.gif

QUOTE (PariahDog @ Apr 4 2008, 03:57 PM)
Alex: So fat that he's changed the shape of his face...man, this guy used to be so angelic looking, now he looks like an angry redneck country-music singer.

GeminiRising, I think you would still jump at the chance to do any one of them. yes.gif

Gemini isn't the only thing Rising when you look at the back cover of 2112. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/makalu/toss-off_smiley.gif

Back in the day I would have gone for a nonhomosexual 2-guy-1-girl threesome with ease. Imagine tag-teaming a hot 18 year-old groupie with your guitar-God hero (Alex in this case). Those would surely make for some epic memories! I'd be singing:

Sweet memories I never thought it would be like this

Reminding me Just how close I came to missing

I know that This is the way for me to go

You'll be there When you know what I know

and I know! smile.gif (no homo)

Edited by GeminiRising79

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Apr 4 2008, 05:06 PM)

Back in the day I would have gone for a nonhomosexual 2-guy-1-girl threesome with ease. Imagine tag-teaming some hot 18 year-old groupie with your guitar-God hero (Alex in this case). Those would surely make for some epic memories! I'd be singing:

GeminiRising79, you're way too caught up with sexual fantasies involving these guys. You seem particularly fixated on Alex. Really all you're doing is solidifying in concrete why Neil keeps away from his fans. I get it now.

I have to ask... are you ill?

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Apr 4 2008, 05:06 PM)

Back in the day I would have gone for a nonhomosexual 2-guy-1-girl threesome with ease. Imagine tag-teaming a hot 18 year-old groupie with your guitar-God hero (Alex in this case). Those would surely make for some epic memories! I'd be singing:

ohmy.gif thanks, i just had an epic hurl. and did you just edit your post to add singing??? When will this thread stop fists crying.gif

bolt.gif

Im not going to answer to the thread nor will I insult it. All I will say is that you have a very active and creative imagination and that can be used in good ways or bad ways. You have to figure out for yourself if this thread was you displaying a Good way or Bad Way

QUOTE (Alex @ Apr 5 2008, 12:29 AM)
Im not going to answer to the thread nor will I insult it. All I will say is that you have a very active and creative imagination and that can be used in good ways or bad ways. You have to figure out for yourself if this thread was you displaying a Good way or Bad Way

Good way, certainly more interesting than another "Vote For Rush In This Meaningless Poll" thread. That's no insult to you or anyone else who starts such threads, just my opinion. wink.gif