Test your love for Rush...

GeminiRising79

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Feb 23 2008, 06:01 PM)
Ok, now try to keep an open mind here by what I'm about to suggest.

First, choose the Rush member you primarily gravitate to, for whatever reason(This would be a member that you are mostly in awe of (if you are equally in awe of 2 or more, exclude yourself from this test).

The setting: Lets say you happen to be out one night at a Toronto lounge/bar off of Younge Street (in close proximity to Massey Hall) with the Rush member you are in utmost awe of, and his wife. After having a few drinks and strong conversational bonding, the said Rush member looks at his watch noting that the time is already 21:12. He subtly suggests that you join him and his wife at his sprawling suburban Toronto mansion. He says that he will drive since his Audi/BMW is better in the voluminous amounts of snow that has recently fallen from the bruised and sullen stormclouds above. You agree and gingerly hop in the back seat and take in the surreal experience, whilst caressing the rich Corinthian leather and shining steel of the interior.
After arriving at the mansion, the three of you entre the main den, sipping cognac (or perhaps The MacCallan) on the large C-shaped couch that encompasses the cozy, roaring fireplace that is automatically actuated by the bristling energy given off by human proximity. In a dreamlike state, you gaze up at the wall and see the gold and platinum records and the vast collage of Rush album covers. You see a magnificently stuffed animal in the likeness of the Snowdog. You see the work of gifted hands that grace this strange and wondrous land. It dawns on you that you're living every Rush fan's dream.
The said Rush member then suggests that you join him and his wife upstairs in the Master bedroom. You gaze up at the spiral stair, and then to the Rush member where you notice his hungry eyes, and open mind. Are you prepared to indulge in both sides of the hemispheres or do you politely decline, suggesting that the hour is late and you feel you've got to move, (yes, you do?) Or do you proceed, tricked by circumstances?

bolt.gif Who said ACID was out of style cool10.gif cool10.gif wtf.gif

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Feb 23 2008, 09:40 PM)
What are people smoking tonight? I want some!

No shit!!!! cool10.gif Dude this is the most twisted thread ever!

Get a grip! fing.gif

I know that many of you would certainly go for it... Booze mixed with the intense euphoria of being in the presence of a Rush God. I'm sure many of you guys would never admit to it, which is certainly OK. Sheesh, as good as Alex looked back in the late 70's, early 80's I wouldn't have done it, but would have subconsciously considered it because I held him to such a high level...man, he was everything I wanted to be back when I was 19. Edited by GeminiRising79

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Feb 26 2008, 02:49 PM)
I know that many of you would certainly go for it... Booze mixed with the intense euphoria of being in the presence of a Rush God. I'm sure many of you guys would never admit to it, which is certainly OK. Sheesh, as good as Alex looked back in the late 70's, early 80's I wouldn't have done it, but would have subconsciously considered it because I held him to such a high level...man, he was everything I wanted to be back when I was 19.

Ah, the real reason for your original post is revealed. sarcasm.gif

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Feb 26 2008, 08:49 PM)
I know that many of you would certainly go for it...  Booze mixed with the intense euphoria of being in the presence of a Rush God.  I'm sure many of you guys would never admit to it, which is certainly OK.

I don't even drink, so my answer is still no.gif

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Feb 26 2008, 01:49 PM)
I know that many of you would certainly go for it... Booze mixed with the intense euphoria of being in the presence of a Rush God. I'm sure many of you guys would never admit to it, which is certainly OK. Sheesh, as good as Alex looked back in the late 70's, early 80's I wouldn't have done it, but would have subconsciously considered it because I held him to such a high level...man, he was everything I wanted to be back when I was 19.

rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif

Well, even if I was bi I'd have no interested in sleeping with any of them. I don't hold others above myself, for one. Plus, the boys are looking more and more unsavory.

Alex: So fat that he's changed the shape of his face...man, this guy used to be so angelic looking, now he looks like an angry redneck country-music singer.

Neil: Ageing quite badly in the face, plus a real piss-poor attitude

Ged: He's holding his age pretty well but never was quite the looker.

No insult to anyone who thinks differently.

Edited by GeminiRising79

I'd go for it!..

drool1.gif

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Feb 27 2008, 03:02 PM)
Well, even if I was bi I'd have no interested in sleeping with any of them. I don't hold others above myself, for one. Plus, the boys are looking more and more unsavory.
Alex: So fat that he's changed the shape of his face...man, this guy used to be so angelic looking, now he looks like an angry redneck country-music singer.

strange people

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Feb 27 2008, 06:02 PM)

bolt.gif

QUOTE (Choose/the/light @ Feb 23 2008, 06:24 PM)
i'm not sure what I just read...

i am, pretty sick no.gif

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Feb 28 2008, 08:01 AM)
This guy has lost the plot. Since when did Alex look angry?

Maybe he's angry becuase he suffers from horrible migraines brought on by the glare of the gold and platinum Rush record collage he's got hanging over that roaring fire. Or maybe he's angry because he had an allergy attack caused by the stuffed snowdog animal thingy.

I personally am having a great time with this thread. It's funny.

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Feb 27 2008, 06:02 PM)
Alex: So fat that he\'s changed the shape of his face...man, this guy used to be so angelic looking, now he looks like an angry redneck country-music singer.

That\'s because it\'s a different Alex.

The original Alex decided that he enjoyed himself more as KK Downing of Judas Priest, so dedicated his life to HEAVY METAL.

Since then a succession of stunt Lerxsts have taken his place, with the difficulties of getting a new Alex resulting in the lengthy hiatus between 1997 and 2002. It does take a while to teach an angry redneck country-music singer to play Rock guitar.

Oh man, I was reading this story, and hoping it wouldn't go there, but it did. no.gif

I'll keep my Hemispheres strictly to the 1978 kind, thanks. 1022.gif