Breaking Bad

ReRushed

You know the writer(s) have done a good job when you laugh and cheer when a m-60 starts mowing people down. Man that was awesome.

Right? I can't remember the last time I so enthusiastically cheered slaughter like that. I also laughed and clapped my hands and shouted "GO JESSE!" when he attacked Todd, and that was a little disturbing to me, because I don't think I've ever before felt actual glee at watching someone brutally strangle a person to death :no: :LOL:

I went to bed grinning ear-to-ear after that finale, which is CRAZY compared to all the episodes of Breaking Bad that creeped me out so much it kept me awake at night!

Edited by GeddysMullet
  • Like 1

Walt is definately a sociopath. In the beginning he struggled with doing the right thing for his family. He felt humiliated. Cooking meth simply allowed the real Walt to stop struggling. Sure, he loved his family, but he loved himself more.

I don't think they should have gone for the whole "I did it for me" / die with his "true love, the meth lab!" sort of ending. I don't buy into that pretext one bit. It's a slap in the face. I did love the finale otherwise though because the rest of it shows his selfless intentions.

It's a sad way to end the show. It's really sad, it makes me tear up thinking about it actually.

Really? I found that Walt has been doing it exclusively for himself since about the part where he got paranoid about working for Gus. Jesse even mentions it to him at one point that he had more than the amount of money he had calculated in the first few episodes, why keep cooking? Walt had millions but he still wanted to cook. Skylar even tells him that's more than enough money for several lifetimes, but he keeps cooking. It wasn't about his family any more. It was about being respected for something he did. He sold his chance of that with Grey Matter, cooking meth was the next best thing.

The only character that remained likable throughout the entire series was Walt Jr.

I think you mean Jesse.

What a great actor Aaron Paul is.

• Like 1

The only character that remained likable throughout the entire series was Walt Jr.

I think you mean Jesse.

The guy who put out an RV battery with their lasting supply of water while stranded in a desert? Throughout the series Walt became less likable and Jesse more.

Walt Jr was a standard teenager with cerebral palsy who was consistent however. He's also responsible for a couple of the show's best moments.

Edited by Mr. IsNot

I think you mean Jesse.

The guy who put out an RV battery with their lasting supply of water while stranded in a desert? Throughout the series Walt became less likable and Jesse more.

Walt Jr was a standard teenager with cerebral palsy who was consistent however. He's also responsible for a couple of the show's best moments.

I don't see how Jesse doing that makes him unlikeable. Sure, it was a boneheaded thing to do but he meant well. I don't recall Walt Jr. having many memorable moments except for the last few episodes. Jesse had many more memorable scenes over the course of the show.

One thing still puzzles me: Walt leaves 9 million to Walter Jr., and that's all the money that was left...how about Holly, didn't she get ANYTHING?

He knows Walt Jr. will take care of the family. Also, I think it was to make up for being a phony father.

• Like 1

I think you mean Jesse.

I don't see how Jesse doing that makes him unlikeable. Sure, it was a boneheaded thing to do but he meant well. I don't recall Walt Jr. having many memorable moments except for the last few episodes. Jesse had many more memorable scenes over the course of the show.

I pitied Jesse. From when he fell out of that window til the very end.

I think the success or failure of Better Call Saul will depend on the tone they adopt in the series. If they focus more on the funny side, it may alienate the BB fanbase. An while I think it´s a VERY risky idea, I´m willing to give it a shot.

I think the success or failure of Better Call Saul will depend on the tone they adopt in the series. If they focus more on the funny side, it may alienate the BB fanbase. An while I think it´s a VERY risky idea, I´m willing to give it a shot.

I agree with it being risky. If it isn't cutting edge and serious-minded, it's not going to fly.

I agree with it being risky. If it isn't cutting edge and serious-minded, it's not going to fly.

Vince Gilligan said that Breaking Bad was 80% drama and 20% comedy. He said Better Call Saul will probably be 75% comedy and 25% drama.

I don't really care. I'll watch Better Call Saul. I trust Gilligan. However if it bombs, that's fine. Breaking Bad itself still remains pure. It's like the Sarah Conner Chronicles not hurting the Terminator Series (Even though the movies did)