Breaking Bad

ReRushed

I started watching this on netflix. Season one was amazing. Now I'm halfway through season 2 and I feel like it's getting a little absurd. Walt started off having a purpose. He didn't take the insurance money from his rich friend because pride, okay fine. But now he's just lashing out and being an ass hat to anyone for no reason. I don't get it.

I started watching this on netflix. Season one was amazing. Now I'm halfway through season 2 and I feel like it's getting a little absurd. Walt started off having a purpose. He didn't take the insurance money from his rich friend because pride, okay fine. But now he's just lashing out and being an ass hat to anyone for no reason. I don't get it.

Keep watching. The show really is amazing and Walt acting the way he does is all just part of his character evolution. It is one of, if not the best character progression ever in a TV series.

Edited by J2112YYZ

Keep watching. The show really is amazing and Walt acting the way he does is all just part of his character evolution. It is one of, if not the best character progression ever in a TV series.

Is there a reason for it? At first he had a reason with the chemo and whatnot, but now that he's better he's just being a jerk for no apparent reason. I don't care if he's the most dynamic character ever, if he doesn't have a reason for undergoing changes then it's really just the writers grasping as straws for a script. That topped off with Jesse's new found generic heroin addict girlfriend is turning me off to the show and the perfection that was the first season is gone for me.

I really do like Saul though. Shame he had such a brief appearance.

All I can tell you is to just keep watching. If I tell you why Walt is turning into the person he becomes then that spoils everything. Nothing is solved or revealed too quickly in this show. The whole series run is one big storyline arch, so you need to be patient and watch how it all plays out.

Is there a reason for it? At first he had a reason with the chemo and whatnot, but now that he's better he's just being a jerk for no apparent reason. I don't care if he's the most dynamic character ever, if he doesn't have a reason for undergoing changes then it's really just the writers grasping as straws for a script. That topped off with Jesse's new found generic heroin addict girlfriend is turning me off to the show and the perfection that was the first season is gone for me.

His motivation is there, it's not all about his cancer and his family - it's only about him. Ask yourself - what did he give up for his family?

His motivation is there, it's not all about his cancer and his family - it's only about him. Ask yourself - what did he give up for his family?

Now that you ask me that question I'm going to guess that him quitting research had something to do with his family? I understood that he likely quit because of that woman that offered to pay for his treatments -- an affair or something.

All I can tell you is to just keep watching. If I tell you why Walt is turning into the person he becomes then that spoils everything. Nothing is solved or revealed too quickly in this show. The whole series run is one big storyline arch, so you need to be patient and watch how it all plays out.

Alrighty, I'll give it another shot. This will likely be what convinces me to keep netflix next month :P

I fell asleep on the last 10 minutes!!! :rage: :facepalm: :banghead: :fury: :blaze:

You can easily catch up on what you missed on the internet. The scene with Hank and Walt in the garage is must see TV.

I don't think for a second that Hank is gonna tread lightly. He's gonna go at this with everything he's got.

• Like 1

** SOME SPOILER TALK BELOW**

What an incredible final few minutes of the first episode in this last series. Wow. It happened a bit faster than I expected too. (Go Hank!!)

After watching the opening scene I'm left feeling terribly sad for this entire family, as much as this is Walt's doing, his selfishness, his pride and ego. This all got started for the best and least selfish of reasons (quick way to provide for my family given my impending demise), albeit a risky scenario. To watch him come "home" to this clearly drug-seized and then ransacked home for the sole intent of retrieving a vial of deadly Ricin underscores just how quickly (2 years) this went from cancer diagnosis to God-only-knows what awaits. Where is his family now? What's left for Walt to do? What a freakin' colossal waste.

In some ways I still root for his atonement because at his core, I believe Walt is a good soul..much like Vic Mackey from The Shield. But I suspect it will end poorly indeed.

What a tragic, tragic thing to watch. That it moves me the way it does with its story, characters, writing, and acting says more than any compliment I can lavish upon it.

Edited by Presto-digitation
  • Like 4