Breaking Bad

ReRushed

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Oct 3 2011, 07:10 AM)
Very intense. Gus is a sick man.

Presto---

SSSSSSSSSSPPPPPPPPPPPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSS Below.....................

I think Walt could have poisoned the boy. Don't read further if you don't want to know a crazy theory.

Remember when Walt was sitting alone on the patio and twirling the gun????

The gun pointed to himself twice, and then to the plant on the table the third time. I think that plant might have been the key. I don't know what in the hell it was, but then the boy is sick. I dunno. It seems to me that Walt could have made the kid sick by poisoning him with something else...not the cigarette mind you. (Walt could have given the kid a bad candy before Jesse even got off work). I think he could have had Huell replace the box of cigarettes at Saul's office, then Jesse, when he didn't find the ricin cigarette, he would have suspected Walt as expected....Then Walt turned it all around on Gus to get Jesse mad at Gus. I think Gus could have sincerely stopped in his tracks on the parking deck, and reflected as to what was up with the boy, and then turned around to go tell Jesse that Walt was trying to manipulate them.

However it happened I agree with you vital signz and I think tonight we'll get proof that Walt poisoned the boy to manipulate Jesse.

This show is simply fantastic and I can't wait for the finale. If Cranston doesn't win an Emmy every year this show is on then it's a crime.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Oct 9 2011, 02:47 PM)
However it happened I agree with you vital signz and I think tonight we'll get proof that Walt poisoned the boy to manipulate Jesse.

This show is simply fantastic and I can't wait for the finale. If Cranston doesn't win an Emmy every year this show is on then it's a crime.

Aaron Paul too....Hell, Giancarlo Esposito too. Seems like Aaron Paul could even be up for best actor instead of supporting actor.

QUOTE (vital signz @ Oct 9 2011, 04:21 PM)
QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Oct 9 2011, 02:47 PM)

Aaron Paul too....Hell, Giancarlo Esposito too. Seems like Aaron Paul could even be up for best actor instead of supporting actor.

Esposito for "Box Cutter" alone. He plays one helluva bad guy.

I never thought a show ensemble could be better than Mad Men's but everyone on Breaking Bad is really top notch...well, 'cept for maybe Hank's wife...I pretty much ignore her.

What really makes the show so compelling are those moments where there is 5 or almost 10 minutes of dialogue where the actors can really show their chops. Great stuff.

I have been watching this show since day one and this tonight was just AMAZING!

If ANYONE hasn't seen this, you need to just buy the DVDs and start watching. This is the best piece of pulp fiction on TV I have ever seen. From season to season it doesn't disappoint. I guarantee no matter what you think it's about or any preconceived notion you may have if you have heard the basic plot and think it's not for you. My Mom hates anything (tv or movies) with violence, drugs, murder etc but she got hooked on this like Crystal Meth!!!!

Vital Singz...and everyone, only read below if you have seen the season finale on 10-9-11!

SPOILER BELOW!!!!!!!

I had a feeling Walt poisoned him too when I watched last weeks episode tonight. I always try to allow at least 2 episodes of my Breaking Bad to be recorded because when one ends your always like....DAMN...I want more! But when he was spinning the gun and it pointed at the plant, then the kid ended up poisoned, I just knew it as it played out. BUT I kept second guessing myself and saying Walt wouldn't do that!

And the funniest thing, and the most obvious thing in the world, was that old man Salamanca had the bomb and was gonna use it but for some reason it flew right by my head, I kinda felt like Gus looked! I thought they had to keep Gus around for next season (thank God we get one more season) so that just got me.

I think off, the top of my head, my two favorite scenes of the whole series were this one, and the one where Walt hit those two drug dealers with his car when Jesse was walking over to kill them. (I think that was last season???) I cheered out loud at that scene and tonight when that bomb went off!

Edited by Presto_a RUSH fan_06-08-90

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Oct 9 2011, 07:50 PM)
ohmy.gif

Indeed.

I missed last week but caught up via friends. I saw Cranston on Letterman the other night and he said that the audience would be "shocked" and "saying 'WHOAH'" Well, I certainly was and did. Holy cow!

I'm a big fan of Giancarlo Esposito, too. Ever since Homicide when he played G's son. The whole cast of Breaking Bad is amazing. Cranston and Paul should both be up for Emmys, as well as Esposito, IMO.

Those things that you catch an instant before they happen - like the bomb tonight or the poisoning of the cartel - I just love that kind of thing. If I figure it out too far in advance, it annoys me but a hair before... that's just fun. Now we have almost a year to wait... unsure.gif

Hey HowItIs...how is it? Sorry.

Both Cranston and Paul SHOULD win the Emmy's for sure. I can't see how they can't. That scene earlier in the season with Jesse at the NA(or AA?) meeting where he tells the therapist how he just came to sell them meth. What an intense freaking scene. I believe the show gets to the best clip or clips from an actor and then for the whole show winning for Best TV Drama, the creators pick the best episode in their opinion as well (ALL OF THIS IS....I THINK). The NA scene for Paul and the scene for Cranston for me would be when Jesse had the gun to his head....heck, that would be a good one for Jesse as well! For the Best Drama show Emmy, you just give them episode 13. Done.

I am so glad this is on AMC and not on any major networks. If it was it might have gotten bad ratings and they'd have canceled it after 2 episodes. Thank God for AMC and FX! And of course HBO and Showtime too.

trink39.gif Jesse and Walt with to brimming cups of meth!

What a great ending! Watching Gus walk out after the bomb wondering how he survived and then seeing him was something that needed to be replayed a few times.

Can't wait to see how they start up again next season after this ending.

Really Walt has done all of this...from first cooking to Gus...for money for his family and now he has nearly zero dollars. He has to cook again and that means working with Jesse again.

Instead of being scared away by his interactions with major crime organizations I think Walt now will believe his boast about being "the one who knocks on the door" and try to sell his cooking ability to the high bidder. Poor Jesse will get roped into it and it will all eventually end badly for them both.

This show ain't about redemption, it's about consequences of bad choices.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Oct 13 2011, 09:52 AM)
Really Walt has done all of this...from first cooking to Gus...for money for his family and now he has nearly zero dollars. He has to cook again and that means working with Jesse again.

Instead of being scared away by his interactions with major crime organizations I think Walt now will believe his boast about being "the one who knocks on the door" and try to sell his cooking ability to the high bidder. Poor Jesse will get roped into it and it will all eventually end badly for them both.

It will not end good for Walt but Jesse will find redemption.

I think.

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Oct 13 2011, 07:01 PM)

I think.

Don't forget about Hank's vindication. I believe that's the potential showdown - Walt vs. Hank.

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Oct 13 2011, 06:01 PM)

I think.

I agree. Everyone's had to pay the piper. Even Gus, who might've avoided his fate by stepping back from Tio and not making this such a personal thing, had his karma...and he was justified for doing all the things he did to the cartel.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Oct 13 2011, 06:26 PM)
QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Oct 13 2011, 06:01 PM)

I think.

I agree. Everyone's had to pay the piper. Even Gus, who might've avoided his fate by stepping back from Tio and not making this such a personal thing, had his karma...and he was justified for doing all the things he did to the cartel.

Exactly. If Gus had let Tyrus take out Tio he'd be alive. If Walt had left Jesse behind and just cooked for Gus he'd be waaaay better off raking in the caish.

But...as Walt likes to say, he's made certain decisions and he's got to live with them (even if they're bad decisions and others have to die).

Can't wait to see how it all plays out.